Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 04:23 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times

Advertisements

The constitution is the law of the land, not the bible. I wish the right wingers would understand that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 04:36 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Because they won't find where abortions were legal and encouraged in the bible.
first and foremost, good friday morning to everyone; and to the big spaghetti monster in the sky, thank you for another day.

what definition of legal. Women have be preforming abortions since time in memeoriam. If your understanding of the world starts at Jesus' resurrection, then you are dismissing ions of human behavior.

If your faith base is that of jewish law; and remembering that Jesus was a rabbi, then you should see what were the rabbinic laws on abortion at the time that Jesus was on the earth.

Your looking for clarrifiction in the bible when law was written elsewhere.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:43 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Lefties only quote the bible when they want more of our tax dollars.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:45 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Lefties only quote the bible when they want more of our tax dollars.
Specific examples?

Old 03-29-2013, 06:08 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
In the news, I've seen a lot of talk and argumentation that supporting gay marriage is the Christian thing to do. Just google it and you can see tons of articles on how Christianity and the Bible and the message of Jesus and love should compel Christians to support gay marraige, etc.

I wish to direct your attention to the other social issue nearly always under discussion: abortion. This question is directed to pro-choice Christians who use the bible to further same-sex marriage. Why don't you use your faith to further the pro-choice movement. I'm not saying that faith and the law should mix: not one bit. All I ask is, if there is support in the bible for all sorts of progressive causes, why not use some of Jesus' words to convince other Christians that abortion is supported by the Bible?
The bibble has no bearing on the laws of the US.
There's no proof of a jesus guy, etc.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
was abortion even a thing back then?

I dunno.
Abortion has been around pretty much since women became pregnant.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They skip the "Thou shalt not kill" part in the old testament.

Forget the bible, this is the part I don't get: Ask any "progressive" and they'll pat themselves on the back and tell you they are the kings and queens of technological change...except apparently when it comes to sonograms. Then they don't want to look. When the government made it legal to kill babies, perhaps the technology at the time didn't convince them that that's a person in there but what's their excuse now? Now they've become the See No Evil monkey...trotting out risk to the mother's life. What about the majority of abortions? Let's whip out those sonogram images.
Do you think women don't know that they're pregnant?

Old 03-29-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Yes, He does since he created them and knew them before they were in their mother's womb. So, yes ALL pregnancies are good.

It would be good for the person to wait until they can take care of a baby before they did things to make one but that is free will and God won't take it away from them even if they are about to make a mistake in judgement or let their emotions rule them.
Please provide some proof of this god thingie that you speak of.
Until then, why the heck should we listen to something that's completely fabricated.

As soon as anything religious makes its way into public discourse, all churches should be taxed.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
In the news, I've seen a lot of talk and argumentation that supporting gay marriage is the Christian thing to do. Just google it and you can see tons of articles on how Christianity and the Bible and the message of Jesus and love should compel Christians to support gay marraige, etc.

I wish to direct your attention to the other social issue nearly always under discussion: abortion. This question is directed to pro-choice Christians who use the bible to further same-sex marriage. Why don't you use your faith to further the pro-choice movement. I'm not saying that faith and the law should mix: not one bit. All I ask is, if there is support in the bible for all sorts of progressive causes, why not use some of Jesus' words to convince other Christians that abortion is supported by the Bible?
There is no such thing as pro-choice Christian. The two are mutually exclusive. Same with gay marriage.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
They won't because liberals will do or say anything they need to in order to push their agenda and ignore/deny anything that goes against it.
Unlike with gay marriage, there is no agenda with abortion. Why would there be, when it is already legal? Pro choice people simply do not see abortion as taking a life, so they don't see anything wrong with it. Their attitude amazes me, because to me abortion is pure horror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies