Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 07:20 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times

Advertisements

In the news, I've seen a lot of talk and argumentation that supporting gay marriage is the Christian thing to do. Just google it and you can see tons of articles on how Christianity and the Bible and the message of Jesus and love should compel Christians to support gay marraige, etc.

I wish to direct your attention to the other social issue nearly always under discussion: abortion. This question is directed to pro-choice Christians who use the bible to further same-sex marriage. Why don't you use your faith to further the pro-choice movement. I'm not saying that faith and the law should mix: not one bit. All I ask is, if there is support in the bible for all sorts of progressive causes, why not use some of Jesus' words to convince other Christians that abortion is supported by the Bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
They won't because liberals will do or say anything they need to in order to push their agenda and ignore/deny anything that goes against it.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:41 PM

717 posts, read 648,237 times
There is no mention of abortion in the Bible other than one in Leviticus where it makes it clear that it is to be dealt with by fine rather than the lex talionis.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:05 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Because they won't find where abortions were legal and encouraged in the bible.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:08 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Because they won't find where abortions were legal and encouraged in the bible.
Evidently, you don't know your bible very well. If a woman was suspected of cheating on her husband, she was instructed to go to a priest to induce a miscarriage.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 03-29-2013 at 12:45 AM..

Old 03-29-2013, 12:15 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Evidently, you don't know your bible very well. If a woman cheated on her husband, she was instructed to go to a priest to induce a miscarriage.
Where is that? I thought she was stoned to death. Harsh rules back then.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Well why won't conservatives say that all pregnancies are good since children are a "gift from God." That means ALL pregnancies...even teenage ones and pregnancies to women that can't afford multiple children. Doesn't God want them to be pregnant and have those babies?

Old 03-29-2013, 12:29 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
was abortion even a thing back then?

I dunno.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:40 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Where is that? I thought she was stoned to death. Harsh rules back then.
I guess you didn't actually read the entire bible?
Nimbers 5 11:31
It was commanded by God himself.
(Atheists usually know the bible inside out. Go figure.)

Old 03-29-2013, 12:43 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
In the news, I've seen a lot of talk and argumentation that supporting gay marriage is the Christian thing to do. Just google it and you can see tons of articles on how Christianity and the Bible and the message of Jesus and love should compel Christians to support gay marraige, etc.

I wish to direct your attention to the other social issue nearly always under discussion: abortion. This question is directed to pro-choice Christians who use the bible to further same-sex marriage. Why don't you use your faith to further the pro-choice movement. I'm not saying that faith and the law should mix: not one bit. All I ask is, if there is support in the bible for all sorts of progressive causes, why not use some of Jesus' words to convince other Christians that abortion is supported by the Bible?
They skip the "Thou shalt not kill" part in the old testament.

Forget the bible, this is the part I don't get: Ask any "progressive" and they'll pat themselves on the back and tell you they are the kings and queens of technological change...except apparently when it comes to sonograms. Then they don't want to look. When the government made it legal to kill babies, perhaps the technology at the time didn't convince them that that's a person in there but what's their excuse now? Now they've become the See No Evil monkey...trotting out risk to the mother's life. What about the majority of abortions? Let's whip out those sonogram images.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies