Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 07:50 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Maybe I read it wrong, but I think that's what odanny was saying, that is, people on the social media sites were all jumping to conclusions about an innocent student just because of his name.

What about the Elvis impersonator who was accused of sending ricin laced letters? The FBI arrested the wrong man! So now how do they erase all of the stories about his mental illness that were plastered all over the media?

I keep thinking of the X-Files. "Trust no one."
The Elvis impersonator did have ties to the other guy who has now been arrested. I didn't read anything about the first one other than he was an Elvis impersonator.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:58 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
That's fine, as long as we understand that we can now add 5 more years (and counting) to that 8.
When I said owned I, meant owned. You seem determined to take the thread in anther direction, sorry, I am not goint to play. Bottom line...If Gore had been the POTUS, we never would have invaded a nation that had zero to do with 911, there would be no Gitmo and the USA would have had $1434922311638 more in its coffers, not to mention the lost lives and limbs of American soldiers....and it would not have taken 10 years to kill Bin Laden.

Off topic and my last response on this subject as long as it is on this thread.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:53 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The Elvis impersonator did have ties to the other guy who has now been arrested. I didn't read anything about the first one other than he was an Elvis impersonator.
I'm not ready to give a pass on the Ricin threat to any of the other Elvis impersonators out there quite yet, what better way to blend in with society. Next target will be Vegas maybe.

I say bring 'em all in and put them in a line-up for starters.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:55 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,479,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
US FBI working diligently with Russian authorities to get a resolution and the evidence together....... strange that our Admin is able to work cooperatively with Russia, but not Repubs, what's up with that??
Strange they work so well with Russians but not NYPD.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:56 AM

The English sneering at the Scots? But how is that related to Subsaharan Africa which is the claim you made?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:04 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,386 times
BREAKING: FBI has just entered the home of Boston Bomber's widow Katie Russell, along with Russell's attorney.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:11 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
The English sneering at the Scots? But how is that related to Subsaharan Africa which is the claim you made?
We're getting pretty far off topic here but...

Quote:
It is now commonly recognized that in poorer households, women farmers usually work longer and harder than men. A 1999 IFAD Assessment of Rural Poverty confirms this pattern in the West and Central African countries.
[LEFT]In the first place, poorer rural women in West Africa usually work longer hours a day than males in similar circumstances.
  • In the Central Province of Cameroon, women’s working week is longer than 64 hours, whereas for men it is only about 32 hours. About half of women’s time is spent on domestic tasks, but even then women spend more time on agriculture than men do (26 hours/week compared with only 12 hours/week for men).
  • In Burkina Faso, the average working day for men is 8.5 hours, but for women it is 14 hours.
  • In Gabon, women perform 95% of farm work, usually working around 15 hours of day. Even during peak agricultural periods, males spend only about 2 to 3 hours a day on agriculture.
[/LEFT]
Two aspects of women's workload in West Africa

Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Evidence Mounts Boston Bombers Were FBI Assets | Pakalert Press

http://www.pakalertpress.com/wp-cont...FBI-Assets.jpg

As more people turn to media sources outside of the control of the federal government the more steam the effort will gain.

After the FBI was forced to admit they were in fact contacted by Russian intelligence they stated Tamerlan was cleared after being investigated in 2011.
The FBI claimed the investigation ended with a request to the Russian government for more information after which there was no further contact and no further information supplied.
We now know that is not the truth and Tamerlan had in fact been put on the United States terrorist watch list and the top-secret no fly-list.
Despite being placed on these lists, Tamerlan was still allowed to fly out of the country back to Russia where he once again was observed meeting up with the terrorist cell by Russian Intelligence.
During his stay he also is said to have attended a CIA-sponsored workshop which is funded by the United States government to promote democracy overseas and achieves such means through radicalizing local populations into taking up revolution against the government in power.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-29-2013 at 01:28 PM..

Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Evidence Mounts Boston Bombers Were FBI Assets | Pakalert Press

As more people turn to media sources outside of the control of the federal government the more steam the effort will gain.
Yeah yeah, you will gain. . .a following of other like minded (some say simple) individuals. People who live in a world where there are no terrorists, no bombings, no bad guys. Just a giant and manuplative govt that can control things . . control everything. So good at their job that the only things that happen are things they want to happen . .

for some nefarious and always future event, that never is quite here. (remember the predictions of bush staying in power).

I read your article. The only source, other unreliable sources such as a ominous but never quite detailed "rusian media". Yeah, like if we are comparing media trustworthyness your going to Argue Russia as a freedom of press state?

To those who knew it was a "inside job" the day they heard about it, and spend all day looking for cherry picking evidence, half translations, and other insanity to define your lives. . .

What a waste

seriously

Innocent of what? Of being the mastermind maybe, but he definitly followed his brother off the cliff.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
We're getting pretty far off topic here but...

Two aspects of women's workload in West Africa
Have you forgotten where this started? It was with Tamerlan sitting at home, forcing his wife to supply ALL the money. You are reaching for something to prove this "typical", but you seem not to even read carefully the "proof" you supply. Face it, the whole world has said "men work from sun to sun but women's work is never done". That hardly says the men sit home and send women out to do heavy work and then the men spend the cash brought home. I think you made that statement based on some figment in your imagination. Living of a woman is never manly, and you'd do well to get that aspiration out of your head if that's why you try to make this case. A guy who does that is a useless weasel! In America, MEN fight for the ability to provide, they don't do what Tamerlan did. He was simply a deadly narcissist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies