Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 01:09 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
When you come up with a news service that is 100% accurate 100% of the time, let us know, would you?
Aren't we ..... today

Frank Sinatra - The Impossible dream (with lyrics) - YouTube

Well, I can wish for one, can't I

Old 05-01-2013, 02:51 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Bomber backpack found in New Bedford landfill containing ...

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter per Sam Stein
Boston Marathon Bombing: Just a hunch. « J

fits

Old 05-01-2013, 04:53 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,978,568 times
Wasn't the Homeland Security created to avoid what happened in 911 - various agencies getting warnings and not communicating with each other? Now we find the Russians AND Saudis warned us of the older brother. HS did not, it seems, pass the info to Nat. Sec. Agency. All this, suspects, warnings, should be on a data base that kicks out guys like these. It should be a SHARED data base, collecting everyone's information. How dumb are they?

It appears as though the MuslimTerrorInternational is having a hard time finding dupes to commit suicide for them. Because they are now stooping to impressionable youth and these people don't WANT to die, we should throw the book at them. The younger brother, I think, was just born to the wrong family, but his friends who would cover up his crime - that's tantamount approval, isn't it? The most his friends will get is $250k and 5 or 8 years? It should be at least DOUBLE that, I think. I also feel that there must be a huge underground where people actually approve of killing Americans. Otherwise friends would not have tried to cover this up. Even the Unibomber's brother turned him in. This is not a normal reaction. Those kids might have families/mothers like the brothers did. Maybe they were at home applauding at this horror.

We should throw the book at the abettors. Make an example of them. If they don't want to die, how would most of your life locked up sound?

Old 05-01-2013, 04:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Very interesting. One has to wonder if relevant people involved in the investigatioin are making these connections...

Old 05-01-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Wasn't the Homeland Security created to avoid what happened in 911 - various agencies getting warnings and not communicating with each other? Now we find the Russians AND Saudis warned us of the older brother. HS did not, it seems, pass the info to Nat. Sec. Agency. All this, suspects, warnings, should be on a data base that kicks out guys like these. It should be a SHARED data base, collecting everyone's information. How dumb are they?

It appears as though the MuslimTerrorInternational is having a hard time finding dupes to commit suicide for them. Because they are now stooping to impressionable youth and these people don't WANT to die, we should throw the book at them. The younger brother, I think, was just born to the wrong family, but his friends who would cover up his crime - that's tantamount approval, isn't it? The most his friends will get is $250k and 5 or 8 years? It should be at least DOUBLE that, I think. I also feel that there must be a huge underground where people actually approve of killing Americans. Otherwise friends would not have tried to cover this up. Even the Unibomber's brother turned him in. This is not a normal reaction. Those kids might have families/mothers like the brothers did. Maybe they were at home applauding at this horror.

We should throw the book at the abettors. Make an example of them. If they don't want to die, how would most of your life locked up sound?
Further goes to show how screwed up our immigration system is. I think that at least two of these friends were held on overstaying their visas until they officially arrested them today. Therefore, if not for the Boston bombing, these guys would be foot loose and fancy free while overstaying these visas.

Supposedly, you are tagged upon arrival in the USA as being here on a temporary visa, but not monitored to make sure you do what is necessary (leave?) when your visa is up. No follow up in cross referencing which names are not listed as leaving on the designated date. I think a five year old could devise a better system.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:27 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,207,077 times
Those friends who tried to destroy evidence have made the mistake of their lives. They wont walk away from this with no major jail time...I thought kids in college were suppose to be smart..In this case too smart and now they may go to jail for many years as they should......

Old 05-01-2013, 08:28 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,480,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Further goes to show how screwed up our immigration system is. I think that at least two of these friends were held on overstaying their visas until they officially arrested them today. Therefore, if not for the Boston bombing, these guys would be foot loose and fancy free while overstaying these visas.

Supposedly, you are tagged upon arrival in the USA as being here on a temporary visa, but not monitored to make sure you do what is necessary (leave?) when your visa is up. No follow up in cross referencing which names are not listed as leaving on the designated date. I think a five year old could devise a better system.
That's all pretty bad. But how about "amnesty" to people who were deported to Kyrgyztan and then RETURNED to Russian territory? How about people who get a visa and then apply for and GET public assistance. I don't think ANY immigrant should be on public assistance. Clearly there are a whole mess of laws that haven't been addressed under the rubric of "reform". Seems to me that there was an attempt by congressional errand boys of industry to CLEAR a whole bunch of their ultracheap foreign labor and call it "reform". Too bad for them a couple of the ringers decided to get mad and set off bombs. Maybe they need to pull in their greedy talons and do the job at least halfway right.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
That's all pretty bad. But how about "amnesty" to people who were deported to Kyrgyztan and then RETURNED to Russian territory? How about people who get a visa and then apply for and GET public assistance. I don't think ANY immigrant should be on public assistance. Clearly there are a whole mess of laws that haven't been addressed under the rubric of "reform". Seems to me that there was an attempt by congressional errand boys of industry to CLEAR a whole bunch of their ultracheap foreign labor and call it "reform". Too bad for them a couple of the ringers decided to get mad and set off bombs. Maybe they need to pull in their greedy talons and do the job at least halfway right.
You don't have tell me about immigrants milking the system. I've posted about that very subject on CD many times. My dad lives in a neighborhood in Brooklyn that has been inundated with Russian immigrants and all of those "Crapistans". I could write a book as to the fraud, crime and corruption. There are hard working Russians that have come here legally, but the area is so overrun that there is no telling how many
are just plain criminals, visa overstayers, ones that have snuck in thru Canada or god knows what else. The sytem is not broken...it doesn't exist.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:20 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
They had some ex CIA dillhole on MSNBC last nite, what a smoke screen he was putting on. His take were the bombers weren't really moslem fanatics or terrorists as compared to Al Qaeda, but rather disaffected angry youths who didn't understand their religion. At least he didn't believe what he was spewing, that was obvious, he never stopped smirking.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

Not to worry (yet). I think the feds are just getting started with these 3 and more charges will follow. My guess is you'll see one of 'em getting less time than the others depending on how good a deal he works and how valuable his information is.
This is just a squeeze play at this point to see which of these "pimples" pops and starts giving up everything they know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies