Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 08:49 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I have thought about the fact that the younger brother has stated that it was religious fervor that inspired this horrible attack, along with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

It would seem that the nation and the state of Boston where they were granted asylum, given access to education and welfare benefits, should not have been the likely target.

You're correct and maybe direct the rage at someone that actually is responsible for initiating those wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (names of which I'll leave up to the reader's discretion), but to randomly attack innocent people is beyond evil and in fact, way beyond stupid.
Can't leave out the people who've kept it going until recently for one and ongoing for the other and don't forget, GITMO (the poster child of the '09 election) is still open.
The point is I think there's blame being put on the people (voters) that put these leaders in office and keep re-electing them.
Now about the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, were they before or after 9/11? So much for that excuse eh?

Old 04-27-2013, 08:57 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,479,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Can't leave out the people who've kept it going until recently for one and ongoing for the other and don't forget, GITMO (the poster child of the '09 election) is still open.
The point is I think there's blame being put on the people (voters) that put these leaders in office and keep re-electing them.
Now about the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, were they before or after 9/11? So much for that excuse eh?
Hey, they didn't find riches in America just laying around to scoop up. Life back in Dagestan sucked. They were mentally defective. Chechens are famous for attacking vulnerable sites. Nuff said. All the "rationales" are probably just what they read on some jihadi website. I'm sure they didn't have the brains to actually think them up. The family just wants to cover up the fact that they had members who were useless failures who repaid kindness with bloodshed. A matter of protecting the family name. Which won't fly in too many places.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:59 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Did you follow the news story at all? I assume some level of information when I write something. The carjacked guy? The guy who owned the boat? The guy who looked straight in the face of the two bombers? I'm not sure, frankly, how long the list is. But cops often complain about how LITTLE help they get from the public This was a fine case of ordinary citizens being more than willing to jump in. I'll bet Massachussetts law enforcement is pretty proud of their citizens. Maybe in the future, some people there will remember and pick up a phone. Imagine if there'd been this kind of alertness when the 9/11 bombers were preparing to board planes at Logan? Talk about a game changer. No Patriot Act, no TSA, no DHS. We all just felt way too secure.
I don't know that there was a carjacking, that story sounds like a crock to me, and they wanted to parade the boat owner as a hero but he wanted no part of it. I think he is probably disgusted by what he witnessed, what they did to the kid, and what they did to his beloved boat. He may even be sorry he ever called them. Don't worry, you won't be hearing him say that on the nightly news.
I have to wonder what it means to be an American today. It's certainly not the land of the free, home of the brave any longer. How many countries do we destroy, including our own, so you can 'feel' secure?

Old 04-27-2013, 09:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I don't know that there was a carjacking, that story sounds like a crock to me, and they wanted to parade the boat owner as a hero but he wanted no part of it. I think he is probably disgusted by what he witnessed, what they did to the kid, and what they did to his beloved boat. He may even be sorry he ever called them. Don't worry, you won't be hearing him say that on the nightly news.
I have to wonder what it means to be an American today. It's certainly not the land of the free, home of the brave any longer. How many countries do we destroy, including our own, so you can 'feel' secure?
Speaking of the boat owner, saw an interview with him and I was impressed that he was honest enough and had guts enough to say that the story the press got is not even close to what happened.
There's certainly people out there that would've milked it for all the fame and pats on the back they could get.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:20 PM

There were men all over the place with backpacks, some with wires coming out of their ears, one setting his down, then viewed leaving without it.
There is no evidence that these two brothers did this. They are manufacturing this story to fit the agenda, which is to enslave Americans so you can feel more secure. Do people in prison, feel secure? Do the people of Palestine feel secure? Do you value your freedom at all?

Old 04-27-2013, 09:25 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Why are you coming off as if it is my opinion as to why these Jihadist minded brothers did their horrible deed? This is one of the reason that the younger brother gave to the authorities when questioned as to their motives. And if I'm not mistaken, the excuse for 911 was not very different than any terrorist attack on Americans which includes the Boston attack. There was an American military base in Saudi until the administration during that time shut it down post 911. Don't you get it? They don't want the infidels on their soil. Not to get off topic, but going into Iraq is owned totally by the guys in the W.H. situation room in 2001.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-27-2013 at 09:34 PM..

Old 04-27-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Chinese man carjacked by Boston Marathon bombers,

CNN.com - Transcripts

How do you get your current event news? Smoke signals? Carrier pigeons?

Old 04-27-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Kidding, right?

Tin foil hatters and total hogwash is this video. Of course, there were security people at the marathon. There is security at EVERY big event. Of course, the FBI guy wouldn't talk about it. If you can't figure out why some things are best left unsaid, well, then, I feel sorry for you. Impossible to get from A to B on any points in this video.  Crazy mother saying her kids were double agents??? If you believe that nutjob, I've got a bridge to nowhere you might want to buy. Geez
If she hated America, as some of you suggest, she wouldn't send her kids here for a better life. If you want to believe they were sent here to commit jihad, then why would she deny it? She would be proud, but instead her heart is broken because they were patsies. They were betrayed by the very government they were working for, our government. They were supposed to infiltrate the extremists and report, instead this is what Tamarlan got. That is him in the photo. The story about how he came to look like that has changed many times, from blowing himself up, to being run over. But we all saw him after he is stripped, walking to the police car. That is Tamarlan. His aunt is 100% positive and I believe her. Why wouldn't I? Why would she lie? You can also compare photos of Tamarlan to the naked guy - anybody that says they don't look alike has an ulterior motive for denying the obvious.

http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/g...naked-man.html

Old 04-27-2013, 09:40 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
There were men all over the place with backpacks, some with wires coming out of their ears, one setting his down, then viewed leaving without it.
There is no evidence that these two brothers did this. They are manufacturing this story to fit the agenda, which is to enslave Americans so you can feel more secure. Do people in prison, feel secure? Do the people of Palestine feel secure? Do you value your freedom at all?
That is a flat out lie.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's stating that him and Tamerlan carried out the attacks aren't evidence?

Jeff Bauman's describing the bomber as soon as he woke up isn't evidence?

Surveilance photos showing Dzhokhar entering the finish line area with a backpack, showing him near Martin Richard, and later leaving the scene sans backpack aren't evidence?

The brothers leaving Cambridge carrying pressure cooker and pipe bombs is not evidence?

The FBI has not made the picture of the brothers planting the bombs public, but on what basis do you doubt that these photographs exist, in light of all the other evidence?

I know - you just want this to be a conspiracy - so you willfuly ignore facts - and instead construct your own fantasy.

When you wake up, would you please join the rest of us in the land of reality?

Old 04-27-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
If she hated America, as some of you suggest, she wouldn't send her kids here for a better life. If you want to believe they were sent here to commit jihad, then why would she deny it? She would be proud, but instead her heart is broken because they were patsies. They were betrayed by the very government they were working for, our government. They were supposed to infiltrate the extremists and report, instead this is what Tamarlan got. That is him in the photo. The story about how he came to look like that has changed many times, from blowing himself up, to being run over. But we all saw him after he is stripped, walking to the police car. That is Tamarlan. His aunt is 100% positive and I believe her. Why wouldn't I? Why would she lie? You can also compare photos of Tamarlan to the naked guy - anybody that says they don't look alike has an ulterior motive for denying the obvious.

Government terror The naked man
How many conversations have you personally had with the mother around the kitchen table? You sure make it sound as if you have the inside track. In fact, you have more information than she has let on. You are sympathizing with an American hating woman that came here to escape something or other and then at the first opportunity, splits before she had to face charges of shoplifting. Don't tell me...she was framed.

Infiltrate the extremists...how damn dumb that sounds. No logic to these insane ramblings. Any two Muslim guys could have been "framed", but they would choose two that were dilligently working for the American side. I've yet to hear any conspiracy addict explain what the purpose was for allowing the youger brother to arrive at the hospital alive. I cannot believe that I am even responding to your bat crap crazy post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies