Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 02:33 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
3. Millions of Brits will tell you Margaret Thatcher was a brutal, anti-Brit who declared war on them and their families by the economic policies she advocated and enacted. There's a reason so many people are singing in the streets ..."Ding dong, the witch is dead."
And they would, as you know, have been members of the parasite-class who had to start actually earning their keep.

Lady Thatcher saved England's economy, and everyone benefited, even the parasites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Another great attempt at providing actual facts to the intentionally ignorant. Thank you.

I know it won't make the least bit of difference but:

President Obama announces Presidential Delegation to attend the funeral of former British PM Margaret Thatcher « Gretawire
The terminally ignorant have an agenda, and by God, they're sticking to it!
From whining that Obama isn't attending, then calling it another vacation on the taxpayers' dime, let them pi$$ and moan.
Obama will still be president.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Low class on Obama's part. But in truth, he's doing the Brits a favor by staying away. There isn't room for his narcicism at an event like this.
There is merit and truth in what you say.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Class is something Obama has not imo.

But he's a first class imo.
I would have to agree. I really do not understand how he could not find proper to send a Whitehouse representative?. I respect the office he holds but I often have trouble respecting him and his decisions.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:42 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
1. Chavez was a sitting head-of-state at the time of his death. Protocol dictates what types of delegations are sent under which circumstances.
BFD. Chavez was trash, Obama should have passed on sending anyone to the funeral.

Quote:
2. The delegation to the Chavez funeral was of lesser prestige than the President has appointed to attend the Margaret Thatcher funeral, and she had not been a prominent government official for decades.
Thatcher was one of the strongest supporters this country ever had, and PM of our best ally. It is appropriate to show her due respect. Unlike Chavez...who should be shown due contempt.

Quote:
3. Millions of Brits will tell you Margaret Thatcher was a brutal, anti-Brit who declared war on them and their families by the economic policies she advocated and enacted. There's a reason so many people are singing in the streets ..."Ding dong, the witch is dead."

Britton has their whiny-azz loosers too, just like we do. No suprise a small minority cry that she didn't give them enough.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:44 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Another great attempt at providing actual facts to the intentionally ignorant. Thank you.

President Obama announces Presidential Delegation to attend the funeral of former British PM Margaret Thatcher « Gretawire

Perhaps he is succuming to pressure to do the right thing. Maybe someone slapped him up side the head.

Good to hear that he is showing suitable respect for an ally.

( guess that shows the risk of using MailOnline as a source )

Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
1. Chavez was a sitting head-of-state at the time of his death. Protocol dictates what types of delegations are sent under which circumstances.

2. The delegation to the Chavez funeral was of lesser prestige than the President has appointed to attend the Margaret Thatcher funeral, and she had not been a prominent government official for decades.

Yes, many Brits did not approve of her even though she was elected twice I believe. It is like here, the left did not like her or approve of her philosophy, the right did. That is not the point, the point is it is extremely unusual for the Whitehouse not to send someone to represent the country is similar situations. Where are you getting the idea this is protocol, it is up to the administration to decide. There is still the matter of respect and class. How hard would it have been for Pres. Obama to send someone to her funeral?

Old 04-16-2013, 02:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Can you honestly say that if Obama had announced plans to attend, you would praise (or at least refrain from criticizing) that decision?
Of course, thats the job of the president/VP..

Going to show ones respect to partner diplomats is expected.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:

and why do you think he changed his mind? When I see all the libs on here who say why should he send someone, she has been out of office for X decades, have you checked to see how many dignitaries from other countries attended Ronald Reagan's funeral?

Old 04-16-2013, 02:55 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Of course, thats the job of the president/VP..

Going to show ones respect to partner diplomats is expected.
That's - well, that's weird. Because I haven't seen any mention of either GWB nor Cheney attending Lord Callaghan's funeral in 2005 - Lord Callaghan also having been, as I'm sure you know, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. Now, I wouldn't dream of thinking that people on this forum would apply some sort of double standard between this administration and previous ones, so I am sure you'll be able to provide some sort of rationale for their absence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies