Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 10:25 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I still think the thing about the mail order brides and American men having a fetish for women of the far east is due to their having very low self esteem, and believing a myth about far eastern women being submissive and easily subjugated
Right? It isn't that these guys simply want a younger, hotter, nicer woman than they could get at home. They're eeeevil, sick people who want to subjugate other human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 10:33 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,779,038 times
Thats because you dont know jack squat about the subject and should exit the discussion without further embarrasing yourself

Quote:
Maybe far Eastern men don't like American women much? I know that likes attract, at least that's what psychology has found. This thing about opposites attracting is not true. I still think the thing about the mail order brides and American men having a fetish for women of the far east is due to their having very low self esteem, and believing a myth about far eastern women being submissive and easily subjugated.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:42 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Thats because you dont know jack squat about the subject and should exit the discussion without further embarrasing yourself
I'm about to put you out of your misery by using the block function on you. Wave bye nicely.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:57 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Maybe far Eastern men don't like American women much? I know that likes attract, at least that's what psychology has found. This thing about opposites attracting is not true. I still think the thing about the mail order brides and American men having a fetish for women of the far east is due to their having very low self esteem, and believing a myth about far eastern women being submissive and easily subjugated.
It IS a myth. There is a history of women being three steps behind, in Oriental culture, but that is not the case, any more. Japan still has a glass ceiling, mainly in executive roles, but, they do not subjugate women anymore. Nor are they treated as property. That is a feudal times practice, it did carry over into WW2, to a degree, but tbe country has moved to westernized views in gender roles. Being occupied can cause changes. Tbe Phillipines is actually a matriarchal society. Filipino women are very domineering. Men are not actually subjugated, but they defer to women, more often than not. It is not overt and layed bare, but that is the way of things. American men who bring Filipino brides over, generally get a rude awakening.

I find Oriental women attractive, those from the Hakaido region of Japan, particularly so. But, at the same time, I find women of all ethnicities, attractive, for many different physical features. I don't have "fetishes", but some physical features I find more attractive than others. One of these, that leaps to mind, is, I don't care for short hair on women. Curly bair does not grab me either. I prefer, long, soft, straighter hair, with auburn color streaked with a little bit of blonde. This is just what grabs me, as many women have a fondness for men with dark hairand eyes. It's a not a fetish, just a preference.

When something becomes obsessive, then, it's a fetish. When someone cannot acbieve arousal, without certain features being present, then, it's a fetish. From where I'm sitting, that, would be a miserable way to be.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:48 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
It IS a myth. There is a history of women being three steps behind, in Oriental culture, but that is not the case, any more. Japan still has a glass ceiling, mainly in executive roles, but, they do not subjugate women anymore. Nor are they treated as property. That is a feudal times practice, it did carry over into WW2, to a degree, but tbe country has moved to westernized views in gender roles. Being occupied can cause changes. Tbe Phillipines is actually a matriarchal society. Filipino women are very domineering. Men are not actually subjugated, but they defer to women, more often than not. It is not overt and layed bare, but that is the way of things. American men who bring Filipino brides over, generally get a rude awakening.

I find Oriental women attractive, those from the Hakaido region of Japan, particularly so. But, at the same time, I find women of all ethnicities, attractive, for many different physical features. I don't have "fetishes", but some physical features I find more attractive than others. One of these, that leaps to mind, is, I don't care for short hair on women. Curly bair does not grab me either. I prefer, long, soft, straighter hair, with auburn color streaked with a little bit of blonde. This is just what grabs me, as many women have a fondness for men with dark hairand eyes. It's a not a fetish, just a preference.

When something becomes obsessive, then, it's a fetish. When someone cannot acbieve arousal, without certain features being present, then, it's a fetish. From where I'm sitting, that, would be a miserable way to be.
I still don't think it has anything to do with looks per se. I think certain men associate certain looks with submissive behavior. It's the submissive, subjugated behavior idea that they're attracted to. They associate Caucasian women with equality, and that turns them off because they suffer from incredibly low self-esteem, so they seek a woman who has even lower self-esteem than they do.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:12 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
I still don't think it has anything to do with looks per se. I think certain men associate certain looks with submissive behavior. It's the submissive, subjugated behavior idea that they're attracted to. They associate Caucasian women with equality, and that turns them off because they suffer from incredibly low self-esteem, so they seek a woman who has even lower self-esteem than they do.
This is a good article by Psychology Today about men with Asian fetishes

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...e-asian-fetish

The second study was in fact a qualitative analysis. Conducted by Korean-American Bitna Kim, who had witnessed the common pairing of White males and Asian females among family and friends, she set out to understand the phenomenon. In her interviews with non-Asian males, she found many held positive stereotypes of Asian women (though they were still stereotypes nonetheless). These women are intelligent, educated, successful, family-oriented, and beautiful. Some males had a loving and fulfilling previous relationship with an Asian woman that they hoped to recapture by finding another Asian female.

However, Kim (2011) noted, "Almost all of those interviewees started with a sentence that negates Asian women as submissive, but, nevertheless, they all mentioned, in one way or another, that Asian women are submissive: ‘Women serve the men; they do things for him that the western culture has long forgotten. It's hard to pinpoint, and I'm not saying that western women don't take care of their men, it's just the way Asian women go about it. The presence, the mannerism, the movement of their bodies that are attractive to some of us. And again these things I am speaking of don't pertain to all Asian females, but this is the general belief or idea, I think that ... we men want a princess in public and a ***** in the bedroom. Simple as that....'" (p. 237)

In her analysis, Kim notes that the interviewees were making broad sweeping statements about Asian women based on a handful of experiences. And the most shocking realization was the fascination of non-Asian men with Asian women fetishes and fantasies. She writes, "That Asian women are submissive in the bed, I think, is a misconception, and I do not think the misconceptions are limited to this issue. It is pervasive: Asian females think westerners are superior to Asians. Asian women are intelligent. They are family-oriented. They enjoy kinky sex." (p. 238)

Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 PM

Qualitative anqalysis?

Still more subjective unsubstantiated half baked opinion spewed by agenda driven feminists. When you bring back properly controlled research with a statiscally significant finding supporting this garbage please post as i would love to see it

Old 05-12-2013, 07:07 PM

Should have stopped there

Quote:

Old 05-12-2013, 07:47 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Hmmm. So its all about control. A woman who is deferential and submissive. Oriental women have this reputation. Thus, mousy, American men, who are intimidated by American women, seek out Oriental or other Asian women, seeking to feel they have the high ground. Now, these are the yype of men, I talked about earlier. The ones that end up getting scammed, and even extorted.

They get suckered in by a beautiful, exotic woman, that they could never hope to draw the attention of in the US, andd are promised an attentive, submissive, partner. The very thought just drives them spare. Yea, I'm a lucky guy.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:54 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Nice personal attack since you dont have anything valid to add to the discussion. No wonder American men beat on their hog wives
Dude,
in this thread you have called women -pigs, hogs, bull dykes, feminazis, yada yada yada
You have a real anger problem toward women.

ps. I realize that pointing this out makes me a pig bull dyke feminazi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies