Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 09:00 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Okay, how often do you expect this (quiet demeanor, smiling a lot, looking at the partner with love in her eyes) from the woman, and do you do it as well? Could it be that you're just looking for love, and confusing that with submission?

As for this: while a sweet woman would gently and persistently refuse without a lot of shouting. Would that apply to you as well?
Not important what I think or do, for this discussion, though I guess you could say I'm "sweet". One persistent mistake in understanding me, is that I advocate women acting sweetly as if it were morally good. Not at all, people are different, hallelujah. I'm saying that even the appearance of sweetness is a turn on for men, not on the level of logic, but more on the primitive level like the flash of a thigh or of a nipple.

It's the same with women, who can think of relationships more rationally but generally get turned a bit on by the appearance of confidence and competence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 09:05 PM

18 posts, read 16,543 times
The Chinese woman in the PBS documentary is far from "submissive." She has a very lively personality.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRNBoNfrMMQ]Trailer: Seeking Asian Female by Debbie Lum - YouTube[/url]

Old 05-08-2013, 10:24 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Old white guys taking advantage of desperate young women...what a novel concept!;0
Old white guys, most of whom favor the Republican party, have serious issues. Not suprising to see them exploiting desperate young women from another country since it has become increasingly obvious that the "unearned privilege" they have enjoyed here for centuries, is dwindling.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:32 PM

18 posts, read 16,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
No secret at all

Honestly that was the whole purpose of marriage... security... it's just that modern day entitlement among men and women isn't giving marriage much credibility anymore, people more and more see it as a joke even myself.

It's truly not needed these days at all, we move too fast, money is too important and love isn't true and pure but more based of financial and other assets...

You may get lucky and get a genuine person but it's rare these days. I wouldn't marry if I had money, I'd marry if I was broke, if she's looking at me when I'm broke... she's marriage material.
In the future, I think only the middle class and well-to-do will get married, and have two parent homes in this country. Everyone else will pro-create, but the families will consist mostly of single parent homes.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:44 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Old white guys, most of whom favor the Republican party, have serious issues. Not suprising to see them exploiting desperate young women from another country since it has become increasingly obvious that the "unearned privilege" they have enjoyed here for centuries, is dwindling.
It's not about old.

It's not about White.

It's not about Republicans.

It's about being a dork who needs a gimmick to get chicks.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:51 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSummer2013 View Post
In my opinion, Asian women would be far better off getting an Asian American man, since on average, they are educated, great providers and very family oriented.
There are quite a number of Youtube videos in which Asian women describe why they prefer White men.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:22 AM

127 posts, read 227,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
People marrying someone from a foreign country? Don't tell me THAT is supposed to be "wrong". Now even heterosexual marriages are divided into "good" and "bad". Here's one thing I think Asian women have. They enthusiastically like men. There's been a bitter schism between American men and women. Too many women feel that a relationship with an American man is some sort of lowering of status for them. Like anything, there are cases where it is true. But not universally. But most Asian women enter into these relationships with hope and enthusiasm. They are good for the spirits of men. It makes the whole thing much better from the man's perspective. He owes it to himself not to be a creep, or he's blown the best deal he's likely to get. But in terms of WANTING the relationship, it is a total win for him.
And they know how to cook

Old 05-09-2013, 07:12 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
White males are as fetishized by Asian women as vice versa.
I don't know about that. For starters, not all males have the fetish of being attracted to a far eastern stereotype of submission. Second, far eastern looking women do NOT idolize Caucasian males. It's not some trend or something, so come off your high horse there and crash land back on earth.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Money is fetishized by all women....that's why men hoard it

Old 05-09-2013, 07:23 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
On the part of the men, this is my dime store analysis:

I think the men are kind of shallow people who don't think about things too much - and many are probably anti-social, narcissistic or have other "personality disorders" (which, for the record, I don't "believe" in, but for the sake of this discussion, I will lump their neuroses into a pathology) . . . I do think they are horribly stunted, emotionally and not in touch with reality.

Example: It would not even occur to them that a super-attractive woman might not find them fascinating and lust for them . . .and that is just weird. When they look in the mirror, they don't see what you and I see . . .they seem some Greek God . . .somehow they feel they are entitled to a fantasy girl/woman.

I also think they sexually fetish-ize these girl/women - they are not "real" people to these men - merely dolls who serve their master's every whim (have you read some of the comments about how some people think they love to clean, etc.) . . .

On the women's part, I think it is simply a survival tactic - they feel they are bettering themselves and their situations - I don't necessarily think they are neurotic - but the men are sick and twisted and kinky
Great points!! The males that are obsessed with the far eastern look fetish, do not view these women as human beings. You noticed the thing about how they love to clean, to serve, to be "sweet," to smile, yada yada. Like animatronics dolls, that's how they view them.

I have a theory (one which is of course, untested - as I am not a polling company). I hope people don't go getting all offended, but I'm going to be perfectly up front about it. Here it goes.

I believe that men who seek submissive females as above ^^^ are themselves QUITE unmasculine and wimpy. Let me explain. Every time I have seen a photo of a male who got a mail order bride, or I see one of those males on TV (and one in person), they strike me as not very fit, and/or not very self-confident, and/or wimpy, and absolutely give off an air of someone who's been pushed around a lot his whole life. I think this might also apply to males who seek submissive females universally (not just the ones who seek them through mail order brides). I'm not trying to be cruel, but I'm thinking these men are so wimpy and helpless themselves, that the only way they could feel manly, is by having a female that completely subjugates herself. Lastly, I think the stereotype of the far eastern looking female being submissive is propelled by these wimpy males. It's a sort of hope, longing, wish, desire, to have a female so subjugated, that she could make them feel like men, and so they keep the stereotype going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies