Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 10:21 PM

796 posts, read 1,162,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Op - you still haven't explained how the sponsorship for your parent's went down?

Wasn't an Affadavit of Support filed?

Did the sponsor lie on the affadavit?
Lottery....When he applied many many years ago he had job and good pay, he also had college degree.

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Minds will wander. The point is her Dad has cancer and may die if not taken care of. I can't imagine that happening here in Toronto...We would not be running around in a panic seeking treatment. You would simply go to the doctor who would check you into a hospital and take care of you........What is so evil about that?

Medicine should not be controlled by private insurance companies who seek profit though selling insurance to people who they HOPE will never need it.
No, they would have been kicked out of Canada. Canada kicks out immigrants that develop cancer and doesn't let old people immigrate without money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
I wouldn't mind moving myself... I love Canada, particularly Quebec!
However, I have no work or any family member in Canada, and it's difficult to immigrate there.
It is only difficult if you are over 40 or 45 because Canada doesn't want people draining the system.

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Ah, so you are psychic? Quick, I'm thinking of a dim-witted City-Date forum poster who is currently creating a strawman argument and invoking the Karl Marx and Jesus. Who am I thinking of?
Well -- since when was Jesus one of our founding fathers? And Jesus is not one of the signers of the US Constitution. Jesus spoke of "charity" which involves freely giving something but has nothing to do with government confiscation of our wages.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
No, they would have been kicked out of Canada. Canada kicks out immigrants that develop cancer and doesn't let old people immigrate without money.

It is only difficult if you are over 40 or 45 because Canada doesn't want people draining the system.
Canada does that???!!! How horrible. I suggest then that this family buy a ticket for their father to go to England or Sweden or some other perfect country that provides unlimited free health care to anyone who needs it.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:26 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,157,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- since when was Jesus one of our founding fathers? And Jesus is not one of the signers of the US Constitution. Jesus spoke of "charity" which involves freely giving something but has nothing to do with government confiscation of our wages.
No, Jesus spoke of duties you have as a follower of him. A duty is not something you choose to do. The programs some of you denigrate are merely the codification of those duties and commandments given unto you. If you had the balls to be honest about it, very few of you make any meaningful charitable contributions, anyways. Certainly nor charitable contributions that amount to that which could sustain the poor if the welfare system disappeared. That's the problem so many of you have when you adopt Randian politics but still want to cling to your Christianity.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:26 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
The freebies those on welfare get, many who never paid into the system. Of course we get screwed over health programs but that's how the system works here. The fact is if Americans can't get medical why can immigrants?

Because we are all the same. We are all humans. Discrimination of any kind against our fellow man should be abolished.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:27 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,157,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
David Barton told me they were divinely-inspired, so Jesus did essentially write that document.

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Because we are all the same. We are all humans. Discrimination of any kind against our fellow man should be abolished.
But immigrants don't deserve it over Americans.

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
As much as I love America, the wonderful people, the diversity, the climate, the beauty, the diverse landscape, the shopping opportunity, excellent and diverse food, and almost everything.... It is very very very very sad that we are basically the only western/industrial nation with no national health care *Seriously crying now*
Yes yes. As immigrants you have to know it's all about tradeoffs. You don't get to have everything PLUS the bag of chips in life. And you knew there was no universal health care before you got here and came anyway...for shopping? I don't know. They need to be where they lived most of their lives and can get the help they need. That's a choice they have that many others don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

If we're all the same, then why are only some of us paying hundreds of dollars for health insurance plans and the rest of you don't have to pay anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.