Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:22 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,476 times

Advertisements

You dont have time to save money, the earlier your father starts treatment the better the outcomes. It is very important that you do what ever you have to, beg barrow or steal to get him on a plane home so they can start treatment immediately. It could mean the difference of them being able to knock the tumor into remission, treat the disease trying to extend the length and quality of his life (maybe for years) or being told he has 3 months to live.

Im fighting cancer right now(I have great insurance), i cannot impress upon you how important it is for him to get into treatment ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
For their kids, nephews, nieces, as well as better weather. Flight tickets are expensive, I need to save money. My dad wants treatement is the US, a country where he was told to die for. Unfortunately, he must go back

Old 05-10-2013, 11:24 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
While not exactly the same situation here is Canada's NEW stance as of today:

Don't bring parents here for welfare, Kenney says - News - MSN CA

While this is not the same thing at all; this goes to our immigration policy of allowing families to re-unify even though the arriving parents will not be expected to be "productive". Nonetheless they must be able to support themselves or their sponsor must for a period of TWENTY years. Whooeee.

Our government is limiting those numbers to keep costs to our system controlled.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
...a country where he was told to die for...
I don't have a clue what this means.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:58 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You do have a point there. Norway beats the hell out of the United States, and not just in delivering health care to all its people.

Same with Australia-Very difficult to immigrate to, but well worth the effort. 1000x better than the U$ in every conceivable category.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:00 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
I promise in the name of God and my heart that I'm not rich, nor do I own any house. I live on Long Island in 2 bedroom apartment. Since many Europeans were bashing the U.S. and its lifestyle on European forum, I tried to defend our nation by saying I own a mansion and great opportunity this nation offers. I love America, so I had to defend it in some way. I wish I did not do it or lie, but it's too late. However, that house belongs to my cousin's neighbor. My cousin is wealthy, but unfortunately they do not help out anyone with money.

Sorry again everybody. I hope you forgive me for lying to other members. But hopefully one day I could own a house like that, become rich, and help my parents out, and anyone in need.

Health care is very important. I cannot wait for Obamacare.

PS: I will take a closer look at that Charity program. Some of you were cold hearted and selfish, while some were very thoughtful and amazing supporters. May God Bless all of you.
Why should we believe you?

That's not true.
You started a thread in the Europe folder to scream US number one, Europe sucks, and anyone can read it.

Quote:
So the social worker was lying to us?
You change your stories and backtrack too much to have any credibility.

Quote:
All kids and relatives lives in the U.S., that's why my parents came after us. We didn't expect my dad getting diagnosed with cancer all the sudden They also love America, the weather, the people, etc.

Actually the unemployment rate where we come from is lower than it is in America, and small gap between rich and poor. You confuse with eastern and southern Europe.
Wait, in another thread, you said that only you and your parents moved to the US.
That everyone else stayed in and lives all over Europe.
Which is it?

Quote:
Norway. They studied both in Belgium for few years though when they were 20s
In another thread you said that they were born and raised in Belgium.

Which is it?

Last edited by chielgirl; 05-11-2013 at 12:50 AM..

Old 05-11-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm ashamed and embarrassed that you'd equate being a conservative with being a complete heartless a$$hole. That isn't being a conservative--that's being a pitiful human being. The best part is that most of you loudly and proudly proclaim yourselves Christians in the same breath. If that's how most of you who call yourselves conservatives now feel, it tells me how far the R party has sunk. If that's what you call Christian faith, then my Jesus has never met yours. Most of this thread disgusts me.
Well then, lots of pitiful human beings are conservatives; seems to be the hallmark. Sadly.

Last edited by chielgirl; 05-11-2013 at 01:17 AM..

Old 05-11-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Far away, and I do not want to ever meet people who are heartless and soulless like you.
On Sunday, ask for God's forgiveness over your disgusting behavior at this forum. You are clearly not a good Christian follower for sure.

You didn't even wish my father well and prayers. You act like you are the only hardworking person in America paying taxes.
Can it with the religious garbage.
Christians don't have the market on anything, unless you're catholic, then it seems you have a market on pedophilia.
I guess you forgot about the 8th commandment, thou shalt not lie.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:26 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
This stopped being amusing 12 pages ago.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Correct. They had green card for couple of years, and then obtained citizenship.
I used to work for immigration, your stories are all out of whack.

Quote:
I told my parents to bring a priest with them and go back to the social security office again. The social worker may be wrong as some members here says that they must be eligible for medicare or any other type of health plan.
Bringing a priest doesn't mean anything except that you better hide your young kids.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:41 AM

61,735 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
For their kids, nephews, nieces, as well as better weather. Flight tickets are expensive, I need to save money. My dad wants treatement is the US, a country where he was told to die for. Unfortunately, he must go back

Some of you are telling me that my parents could buy health care plan - how could they possibly afford that with combined income of $1K? Their monthly rent is $800 + electricity, and barely have any dollars left. Thank God they receive food stamp, otherwise they would eat noodles only and basically starve. Hopefully they do not cut that out either
Why is that? You posted on another forum that you own this house:

//www.city-data.com/forum/29465093-post1054.html

paid for it:

//www.city-data.com/forum/29465570-post1070.html

and also own this car:

//www.city-data.com/forum/29465557-post1068.html

Now you are saying that you don't have money to buy your FATHER a flight ticket, so he could get treatment???

Last edited by elnina; 05-11-2013 at 02:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.