Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 07:54 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Most of the people I see using "handicapped" parking tags so they can obtain easier/better parking at shopping centers, office buildings, etc., aren't handicapped and don't deserve to use the tags. But they do. That's something I disagree with, more than I'd disagree with someone paying a "guide" to cut the lines.
Slow your role. Just because they are not visibly disabled does not mean they don't have a legit case to use the placard and park closer. My mom uses a disabled placard. She is able to walk but has respiratory issues from her military days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 09:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Most of the people I see using "handicapped" parking tags so they can obtain easier/better parking at shopping centers, office buildings, etc., aren't handicapped and don't deserve to use the tags. But they do. That's something I disagree with, more than I'd disagree with someone paying a "guide" to cut the lines.
My father has a plate for his hip that he uses all the time. My mother has a plate as well for herself but she NEVER uses it unless my dad is driving her car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Didn't mariah Carry and her husband close down Disneyland recently to have their wedding anniversary in private.

No waiting in lines and having to rub elbows with the common folk.
Yeah but Nick Cannon also has hosted the Christmas Parade the last few years for the Disney Parks.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I think most are missing the point. The rich have become entitled, the way Mitt Romney thought he was entitled to be president. The manhattan rich never get wet in the rain. They come out of their apartments, the doorman holding an umbrella hails a cab while they wait under the canopy, when they get to their destination, they receive the same treatment.

A natural extension of this is believing you are better than the rabble and deserve special treatment. It's ok, we are giving a handicapped person a job. They shouldn't pay taxes either -- they're job creators!
Or the way Obama feels entitled to take others money,ignore the constitution etc or turn this country into a welfare state.
Isn't it interesting that negatives can be said about both sides? Hmmm?
This argument does NOT belong in this thread, it isn't about political parties nor do you have any idea to which party the "rich" people belong to now DO you?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:23 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,776 times
All that will come from this at most is Disney changing its rules to possibly "handicap plus one only"

Someone always has to ruin a good thing in this country...

Old 05-16-2013, 09:24 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Most of the handicapped spaces I see are empty, unless it's a place with lots of senior citizens. Unless they are always full and people who are disabled can't find places to park I really don't think about it ever. My dad has a pass, so does a good friend of mine, they have never had a problem finding spots anywhere but I can see how it would be annoying if they did.
Every other time I go somewhere with my parents, we're unable to use a handicapped spot because they're all occupied. Sometimes the occupants have placards. Sometimes they don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Everyone's phone is capable of taking pictures these days. You should have fun getting revenge for your hate. All you have to do is send the photo to the appropriate authorities.
I've done that, but they don't do anything about it. Seems like your odds of getting a ticket in DFW for abusing a handicapped spot are slim to none, which is probably why so many people do it. I also post those photos to my FB page, complete with license plate number, just to 'name and shame' those people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Slow your role. Just because they are not visibly disabled does not mean they don't have a legit case to use the placard and park closer. My mom uses a disabled placard. She is able to walk but has respiratory issues from her military days.
If someone has a placard, I don't gripe. It's not difficult to get one in Texas for dubious reasons, but you are right that not everyone who has one is 'visibly' disabled.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:34 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm one of those that doesn't "look" disabled and in fact have been challenged by several "do-gooders" over the years.
I can't stand for long periods and recently my back issues moved into my knees, thing is it's a cumulative thing so the more time I spend on my feet the worse I feel sooner in the day to the point that I feel like hell by evening even though I've been sucking down pain pills like they're out of a Pez dispenser.

No, I'm not in a chair or on a scooter and only sometimes use a cane and to be honest, it's due to stubborn pride and refusal to accept the issue as long as I can.
My mind says I'm too young for this crud (early 50's) but the body says different most days. So, the more I do the more I pay both in meds and pain.
I STILL feel guilty when I use that early boarding on a plane (it takes time to bend my knees now) or use that head of the line thing though I've pretty much submitted to the need to park in the blue spaces.
What really fries me is when someone has purchased a phony placard online or when a handicapped person uses their placard to park then doesn't get out of the car instead letting their able bodied passenger out. My favorite bit** was when my son was in school and a parent with a placard would pull up, park in handicapped to wait for their kid to come running out after school. REALLY????

Old 05-16-2013, 09:48 AM

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
I disagree and think its completely disgusting and wrong. Again, the thought of just because you have more money you can make your own rules. They should be thrown out of the park and not allowed to return. All of them.
This is probably explained by you somehow managing to escape being infected with the disease that is sweeping the nation in epidemic proportions, for which the main symptoms include a complete lack of ethics and integrity, where thoughts of right and wrong and honest behavior no longer exist.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 AM

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Dishonesty is dishonesty. It isn't a question of being less dishonest and therefore fine and dandy ... it's just a demonstration of a lack of integrity that no doubt appears in many other behaviors such dishonest types regularly engage in.

It's also a sign when one attempts to explain dishonesty as not too dishonest.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:47 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I think most are missing the point. The rich have become entitled, the way Mitt Romney thought he was entitled to be president. The manhattan rich never get wet in the rain. They come out of their apartments, the doorman holding an umbrella hails a cab while they wait under the canopy, when they get to their destination, they receive the same treatment.

A natural extension of this is believing you are better than the rabble and deserve special treatment. It's ok, we are giving a handicapped person a job. They shouldn't pay taxes either -- they're job creators!
What are you talking about?
The rich have ALWAYS been entitled.
And you know what? Anyone is entitled to whatever their money can buy.
Some poor person in a ditch and eating poo in Indonesia isn't rolling his eyes at how you feel so ENTITLED to buy groceries or shoes with the money you have. God, you're so entitled that you precious feet never have to touch the ookey ground.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:01 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Rich Manhattan moms?

They must be liberals.

It doesn't surprise in the least that they are cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies