Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 06:24 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Anybody who does this should spend a year in a wheelchair, just to see what it's like.
I totally agree..my dad was disabled near the end of his life and I was always disgusted by the dirtbags that would park in handicapped only parking spots and then RUN into a store...if the article is true,I would hope they pay for it one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 06:26 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
For 130 clams an hour I'd hobble around on crutches so little Lord Fauntleroy can be first in line to ride Dumbo.

I hope this turns out to be bogus.

...."Some wealthy Manhattan moms have figured out a way to cut the long lines at Disney World — by hiring disabled people to pose as family members so they and their kids can jump to the front,....."

"....My daughter waited one minute to get on ‘It’s a Small World’ — the other kids had to wait 2 1/2 hours,” crowed one mom, who hired a disabled guide through Dream Tours Florida....."

Wealthy Manhattan moms hire handicapped tour guides to bypass lines at Disney World - NYPOST.com
What does it pay, and where do I sign up...

Kinda like paying a BUM a bottle of Ripple and $5 bucks to sit in line for Justin Bieber concert tickets.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post

Kinda like paying a BUM a bottle of Ripple and $5 bucks to sit in line for Justin Bieber concert tickets.
Holy crap..Id hope you were going to see a better show than that if you spent $5 and a bottle of ripple

Old 05-15-2013, 06:57 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post

Now, I'd pay a drunk to actually throw the Ripple at Bieber.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:59 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I totally agree..my dad was disabled near the end of his life and I was always disgusted by the dirtbags that would park in handicapped only parking spots and then RUN into a store...if the article is true,I would hope they pay for it one day.

I've always said that Karma is a biotch.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I've always said that Karma is a biotch.
Yes she is and she slaps the ones around that think they are above her too

Old 05-15-2013, 07:40 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Now many of the rides have lines wide enough for scooters so they can't. Years ago almost every ride you could get to the front of the line with a scooter but now every one seems to rent a scooter so they have widen the isles so a scooter can wait in line like every one else.
This is true. Very few rides now do you get any advantage to having a disabled person with you. Some actually take longer (like Toy Story Mania), because they only have X number of ride 'cars' that have the capablity to carry a wheelchair/scooter for those who can't transfer to a regular seat.

Disney isn't stupid.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Holy crap..Id hope you were going to see a better show than that if you spent $5 and a bottle of ripple
No..no. I want the $5 bucks and the bottle of Ripple.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:45 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
You're just mad because you didn't think of it first and that you don't have the money to do the same. Sure, it's crass but if company policy allows it...
I agree it's crass but worse than that....think about the message you are sending to your kids.

If a lady wants to do this she should contact a local organization that works with handicapped kids and offer to take a bunch of them to Disney. It's a great opportunity for those kids, teaches her kids a much better lesson about charitable giving and would cost about the same $$$.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
I disagree and think its completely disgusting and wrong. Again, the thought of just because you have more money you can make your own rules. They should be thrown out of the park and not allowed to return. All of them.
They didn't make up any rules. They used the existing rules to their advantage.
That's what Americans do, take advantage for their own self gratification.

And we created this environment. We're the ones that put laws in place favoring one group over another.
And now you're mad because others are using it for their own self interests ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies