Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 09:15 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Are you ok with it?
Are the majority of crimes in these areas being committed by these individuals?

If you're going to profile you first need to establish a reason to profile. For example if we look over the last 40 or 50 years of history the vast majority of terrorists acts have been carried out by young Muslim men. The two major exceptions to that are Tim Mcveigh and the IRA. I don;t know what the percentage is but it has to be a high 90's, if you're going to profile terrorists then certainly young Muslim men need to be at the top of your list.

I asked before if you had any evidence that conservative groups made up large portion of fraudulent organizations when this profiling took place, do you?

Old 05-17-2013, 09:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Are you ok with it?
I don't make the laws and I don't live in NYC.
I would not vote for a Mayor that was in favor of that but the folks in NYC do.

If I were in charge I would remove all references to race on every form.
I would end all AA programs as well.

Skill, grades, etc. would be the deciding factor.

I am the person who checks "other" for Race and fills the blank in with "American".
The only way we will become color blind is if we stop calling out color and giving favors to those of certain colors.
And I'm doing my part.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,240 times
Quote:
They seem to support profiling when it's against minorities.

Please explain, seems to be a double standard. Profiling is ok when it's non Whites but wrong when it's Whites conservatives?
Profiling to gain political clout is totally different from profiling potential lawbreakers.

Really simple.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:20 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,212,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't make the laws and I don't live in NYC.
I would not vote for a Mayor that was in favor of that but the folks in NYC do.

If I were in charge I would remove all references to race on every form.
I would end all AA programs as well.

Skill, grades, etc. would be the deciding factor.

I am the person who checks "other" for Race and fills the blank in with "American".
The only way we will become color blind is if we stop calling out color and giving favors to those of certain colors.
And I'm doing my part.
Did you support Arizona's immigration law?

Old 05-17-2013, 09:22 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,650 times
Great thread....said no one ever.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:23 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
They seem to support profiling when it's against minorities.

Please explain, seems to be a double standard. Profiling is ok when it's non Whites but wrong when it's Whites conservatives?
conservatives without a doubt support racial profiling. They'll lie about it, but a prominent conservative Michelle Malkin wrote a book title the Case for internment, which was a story justifying the internment of Japanese Americans. She wrote this book specifically to suggest the same be done to muslim Americans.

John King openly advocates for racial profiling of Muslims as does Steve King and Louie Gohmert, you have conservative state legislatures passing anti-Sharia laws, again, conservatives are fully on board with racial profiling.

You have the papers please law in Arizona which targets mexican Americans, and conservatives around the nation before the disastrous 2012 election wanted Arizona papers please immigration laws around the nation.

And of course conservatives generally support racially profiling young black men on account of crime.

The conservative party sadly has become an ethnic, and religious identity party.

You look at the Democratic party and 40% of the voters for the President were non white Americans. 60% were white Americans.

For the conservative party, 90% of the people who voted for Mitt Rmoney were white. The core of the conservative party is white evangelical Christians.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Did you support Arizona's immigration law?
I don't even know what it is. I don't live in AZ and have no say in their politics.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
This would be continued under Obama's watch....right? Why do you support a government targeting any innocent citizen? YOu ignore the fact that this administration's IRS also targeted conservative Hispanic groups....you knew that right? Why would you assume that all the targets that were conservatives were white....Take the blindfolds off now.
So far they targeted Tea party, Jewish, Latino groups.

Well at least we know Obama’s IRS didn’t just go after pasty white tea party groups. OBama’s IRS went after Latino tea party groups too. George Rodriguez, former president of the San Antonio Tea Party, said that Obama’s IRS intimidated when they applied for non-profit status. Anyone want to bet they went after black and Asian conservative groups too?

George Rodriguez, former president of the San Antonio Tea Party, said that when the organization applied for non-profit status, leaders were intimidated by IRS workers with excessive paperwork and meddling questions. “They asked us all sorts of things that were out of the norm".

Old 05-17-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives without a doubt support racial profiling. They'll lie about it, but a prominent conservative Michelle Malkin wrote a book title the Case for internment, which was a story justifying the internment of Japanese Americans. She wrote this book specifically to suggest the same be done to muslim Americans.

John King openly advocates for racial profiling of Muslims as does Steve King and Louie Gohmert, you have conservative state legislatures passing anti-Sharia laws, again, conservatives are fully on board with racial profiling.

You have the papers please law in Arizona which targets mexican Americans, and conservatives around the nation before the disastrous 2012 election wanted Arizona papers please immigration laws around the nation.

And of course conservatives generally support racially profiling young black men on account of crime.

The conservative party sadly has become an ethnic, and religious identity party.

You look at the Democratic party and 40% of the voters for the President were non white Americans. 60% were white Americans.

For the conservative party, 90% of the people who voted for Mitt Rmoney were white. The core of the conservative party is white evangelical Christians.
How do you explain what's going on in NYC with the stop and frisk law ?

Old 05-17-2013, 09:36 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Obama learned well, Mr. Obama's long relationship with the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, a world class hater and race-baiter, par excellence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies