Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 10:54 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
They seem to support profiling when it's against minorities.

Please explain, seems to be a double standard. Profiling is ok when it's non Whites but wrong when it's Whites conservatives?

What are you profiling whites for? How do you tell the difference between a conservative white and just a regular white?

Old 05-17-2013, 11:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Well, the "conservatives" seem so comfortable attacking minority voter rights and tax exempt organizations they don't agree with, such as Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, etc., I think the OPs question is a good one.
What in the world are you talking about? Why would you say they are attacking minority voters rights, give one honest example.. And attacking tax exempts organizations? Wasn't that the IRS?

Nita

Old 05-17-2013, 11:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But that isn't happening!!! If so, prove it!!!
I never said it was and rather than get into a conversation about that I just figured it was best to get out of the way what Don was getting at so he would answer my question.

So far it hasn't worked.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:50 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Like when they say "Bush did it", oh wait that's what your party does.
If you at least attempted to clean up your corrupt party or held them accountable then I would have respect for you when it comes to criticizing my corrupt party.
The problem with people like you is that you think everyone has to belong to one party.

I haven't voted for a republican in over a decade fyi. <points to my status line>

This IRS stuff is *bad* and claiming that anyone complaining about it just shouldn't because there have been problems with other parties is the newest after-birther tactic....insanity is the only way to describe your argument.

Somebody screwed up and this probably goes nowhere near Obama....take your scandal like a man and stop making excuses and wild after-birther type claims that nothing is wrong.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
What are you profiling whites for? How do you tell the difference between a conservative white and just a regular white?
Gun rack?

What if it's an "irregular white"? I'm not gonna frisk them!

Old 05-17-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I think ... because they see the extremists onthe right-wing do that scores of times a day in discussions on this forum. Itmight be contagious.
Agreed. Both the birthers and after-birthers are about as honest as a $3 bill when it comes to any political discussion.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:10 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Unlike many racists, I don't support racial or ethnic profiling.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The problem with people like you is that you think everyone has to belong to one party.
The problem with people like you is you falsely testify for others. There is very little difference between parties, just the hand picked winners and losers.

Quote:
I haven't voted for a republican in over a decade fyi. <points to my status line>
try making sense

Quote:
This IRS stuff is *bad* and claiming that anyone complaining about it just shouldn't because there have been problems with other parties is the newest after-birther tactic....insanity is the only way to describe your argument.
The only insanity is your hilarious attempt to portray what I am saying. Of course you have to make things up about it because what you follow doesn't work so of course you're going to deflect and make things up. Keep trying on the birther issue. Just like your posts it holds little water.

Quote:
Somebody screwed up and this probably goes nowhere near Obama
Why believe you? You have no facts either way on it. Always best to use facts before coming to a conclusion. Not saying you'll do it, just that its best.

Quote:
....take your scandal like a man and stop making excuses and wild after-birther type claims that nothing is wrong.
Act like a man and quit making things up. Go ahead and keep trying on the birther issue. Just like your posts it holds little water.
You failed to address my post instead you deflected and tried to portray me as a birther. LMAO how childish.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:20 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Agreed. Both the birthers and after-birthers are about as honest as a $3 bill when it comes to any political discussion.
What would your posts have to do with honesty or political discussion?
Deflection isn't honesty.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Unlike many racists, I don't support racial or ethnic profiling.
But political profiling would be fine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies