Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 10:07 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
John King openly advocates for racial profiling of Muslims as does Steve King and Louie Gohmert, you have conservative state legislatures passing anti-Sharia laws, again, conservatives are fully on board with racial profiling.

You have the papers please law in Arizona which targets mexican Americans.
Islam is a religion and Mexican is a nationality,

Neither have anything to do with race.

You must have not been aware that the majority of terrorist attacks over the last few decades have been carried out by young Muslim males.

It is their extreme ideology through the perversion of their religion that causes them to be profiled.

Arizona does not target Mexican-Americans, who are after all Americans.

Hyphens are stupid and are used by liberals to divide for their own political gain.

The law in question seeks illegal immigrants - who by definition are not American citizens.

What part of illegal do you not understand?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:08 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How do you explain what's going on in NYC with the stop and frisk law ?
What do yo mean? Stop and Frisk is racial profiling of mostly black men and some latino men on account of crime, there is no doubt that the conservatives who live in the state of New York are more supportive of that law than New Yorkers generally.

Here is proof

August 16, 2012 - Cutting Stop And Frisk Won't Increase Crime, More New Yorkers Tell Quinnipiac University Poll; Voters Oppose Soda Limits, Back Liquor Crackdown

29. As you may know, there is a police practice known as stop and frisk, where police stop and question a person they suspect of wrongdoing and, if necessary, search that person. Do you approve or disapprove of this police practice?
Tot Rep Dem Ind Men Wom Wht Blk Hsp

Approve 45% 88% 34% 52% 47% 43% 57% 25% 53%
Disapprove 50 10 61 43 49 51 37 69 45
DK/NA 5 2 5 4 4 6 6 6 2

My copy and paste of the poll stats didn't come out right, but just to make it plain, 88% of republicans in New York support stop and frisk. Only 10% oppose.

61% of Democrats in New York oppose stop and frisk and 34% support it.

I repeat conservatives support racial profiling. This is proven over and over again.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What do yo mean? Stop and Frisk is racial profiling of mostly black men and some latino men on account of crime, there is no doubt that the conservatives who live in the state of New York are more supportive of that law than New Yorkers generally.

Here is proof

August 16, 2012 - Cutting Stop And Frisk Won't Increase Crime, More New Yorkers Tell Quinnipiac University Poll; Voters Oppose Soda Limits, Back Liquor Crackdown

29. As you may know, there is a police practice known as stop and frisk, where police stop and question a person they suspect of wrongdoing and, if necessary, search that person. Do you approve or disapprove of this police practice?
Tot Rep Dem Ind Men Wom Wht Blk Hsp

Approve 45% 88% 34% 52% 47% 43% 57% 25% 53%
Disapprove 50 10 61 43 49 51 37 69 45
DK/NA 5 2 5 4 4 6 6 6 2

My copy and paste of the poll stats didn't come out right, but just to make it plain, 88% of republicans in New York support stop and frisk. Only 10% oppose.

61% of Democrats in New York oppose stop and frisk and 34% support it.

I repeat conservatives support racial profiling. This is proven over and over again.
It's a New York City program. Conservatives living outside of NYC have no say in the matter.
Nice try at deflecting though.

New York City stop-and-frisk program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-17-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Islam is a religion and Mexican is a nationality,

Neither have anything to do with race.

You must have not been aware that the majority of terrorist attacks over the last few decades have been carried out by young Muslim males.

It is their extreme ideology through the perversion of their religion that causes them to be profiled.

Arizona does not target Mexican-Americans, who are after all Americans.

Hyphens are stupid and are used by liberals to divide for their own political gain.

The law in question seeks illegal immigrants - who by definition are not American citizens.

What part of illegal do you not understand?
You are getting into silly semantics. The reality is that in the minds of most Americans Muslim and Arab are interchangeable and are used as such in everyday language. Mexicans are believed to be a race in the minds of most Americans. So yes that is racial profiling.

The rest of your post is irrelevant.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:16 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why do liberals such as the OP construct inane and ridiculous strawmen?
I think ... because they see the extremists onthe right-wing do that scores of times a day in discussions on this forum. Itmight be contagious.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's a New York City program. Conservatives living outside of NYC have no say in the matter.
Nice try at deflecting though.

New York City stop-and-frisk program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So it is just a coincidence that I wrote that conservatives support racial profiling and a poll just happens to show that the majority of republicans in the state of New York support it. LOL.

Republicans are the only group that favors racial profiling at airports, with a majority of them supporting the policy, while Democrats and independents are strongly opposed to it, according to internals of the new Washington Post/ABC News poll that were sent my way.

I've now obtained the partisan breakdown on this question, and it finds Republicans at odds with the rest of the country:

* Fifty three percent of Republicans think race "should be included in a passenger's security profile," while 45 percent think it shouldn't.

conservatives support racial profiling.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:32 AM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:

"You have the papers please law in Arizona which targets mexican Americans"

What a crock of crap!! What are these so-called papers? The only form of ID required to be carried is a DL when driving. It's a laminated state issued card not a paper. Or if one is a legal immigrant one has to carry their green card with them at all times.

There is no targeting of Mexican-Amercans as they are citizens of this country. The only time anyone is asked for their DL or other form of ID is during the commission of a crime or a traffic infraction. How is that profiling? I swear the defenders of illegal aliens are the biggest liars on the face of this earth. The only time that one's status in this country is checked is if they don't have a viable ID on them when the above scenarios occur.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Do you support Bloombergs racial profiling in NYC?

I don't.

I do not support stopping people simply because they are Hispanic to answer your question.
But that isn't happening!!! If so, prove it!!!

Old 05-17-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Stopping people for no other reason than demographics would indeed be wrong, but an officer should be able to put her/his acquired instincts to good use. Context is key here. Being stopped is certainly not pleasant, but if you're clean you're detained for five, maybe ten minutes. You and the officer wish each other a safe night and move on.
Exacty! Early in the morning I was stopped in my car because there was a body lying on a curb nearby. The officer simply wanted to ask me questions if I knew anything about it. Why should I feel offended? He was only doing his job investigating. Could be that a white guy was the suspect. Should I feel offended and profiled because I am also a white man?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Quote:

"You have the papers please law in Arizona which targets mexican Americans"

What a crock of crap!! What are these so-called papers? The only form of ID required to be carried is a DL when driving. It's a laminated state issued card not a paper. Or if one is a legal immigrant one has to carry their green card with them at all times.

There is no targeting of Mexican-Amercans as they are citizens of this country. The only time anyone is asked for their DL or other form of ID is during the commission of a crime or a traffic infraction. How is that profiling? I swear the defenders of illegal aliens are the biggest liars on the face of this earth. The only time that one's status in this country is checked is if they don't have a viable ID on them when the above scenarios occur.
This is flat out wrong. The law is specifically written that the police can ask you at anytime they suspect you might be here illegally.

So if you are walking down the street, in Arizona if a police officer suspects you are here illegally the Arizona law gives him the authority to come up to you stop and say papers please, prove you are here legally.

The Arizona Act additionally made it a state misdemeanor crime for an alien to be in Arizona without carrying the required documents, required that state law enforcement officers attempt to determine an individual's immigration status during a "lawful stop, detention or arrest", or during a "lawful contact" not specific to any activity when there is reasonable suspicion that the individual is an illegal immigrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies