Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 09:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Do you support racial or ethnic profiling? Do you support Arizona's immigration law?
Do you support Bloombergs racial profiling in NYC?

I don't.

I do not support stopping people simply because they are Hispanic to answer your question.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:40 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,217,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't even know what it is. I don't live in AZ and have no say in their politics.
Do you support racial or ethnic profiling?

Old 05-17-2013, 09:52 AM

78,581 posts, read 60,772,556 times
The after-birthers are rapidly gaining ground on the lunacy of the birthers.

I especially like the "nothing wrong occurred" argument which is funny considering that's not what both the dems and reps are saying.

The latest after-birther talking point appears to be that doing something illegal is ok as long as somebody else has done something illegal or questionable. Wow, that's an awesome legal defense most commonly employed by gradeschoolers I think.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 AM

78,581 posts, read 60,772,556 times
Quote:
Both of those are unconstitutional (see Supreme Court rulings) as were the IRS actions.

I don't have a problem with profiling for NON racial features like if a cop sees a guy walking down the street with bolt cutters in one hand and dragging a lawn mower behind them at 2AM.

If that happens to snare more of one race than another due to socioeconomic factors then that wouldn't be profiling.

Have you even reached the point where you can admit what the IRS did was wrong? Just trying to see how far down the after-birther rabbit hole you've gone.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,908,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Four white teenagers driving around Morningside Heights (just across from the George Washington Bridge) in daddy's BMW with Jersey plates 2 AM on a Saturday just might be looking to score. Stopping them for a looksee would be an example racial profiling, but I'm not so sure I see anything wrong with that.
That happened to me before. Except I was in an old Honda Civic. Driving slow at night because there were hardly any lights on. The words from the cop was along the lines of "we don't see many white people in this neighborhood, you could be looking for drugs".

Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,589,524 times
Quote:
Get a grip and stop with the grilling. I already posted how I feel about this.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:58 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,044,586 times
Why do liberals such as the OP construct inane and ridiculous strawmen?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:00 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,908,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The after-birthers are rapidly gaining ground on the lunacy of the birthers.

I especially like the "nothing wrong occurred" argument which is funny considering that's not what both the dems and reps are saying.

The latest after-birther talking point appears to be that doing something illegal is ok as long as somebody else has done something illegal or questionable. Wow, that's an awesome legal defense most commonly employed by gradeschoolers I think.
Like when they say "Bush did it", oh wait that's what your party does.
If you at least attempted to clean up your corrupt party or held them accountable then I would have respect for you when it comes to criticizing my corrupt party.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:04 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,836,845 times
Quote:
They seem to support profiling when it's against minorities.

Please explain, seems to be a double standard. Profiling is ok when it's non Whites but wrong when it's Whites conservatives?
Who ever wins the war rules the roost. Whites are the majority..the majority rules..can't make it more simple than that.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:06 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,332,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That happened to me before. Except I was in an old Honda Civic. Driving slow at night because there were hardly any lights on. The words from the cop was along the lines of "we don't see many white people in this neighborhood, you could be looking for drugs".
Stopping people for no other reason than demographics would indeed be wrong, but an officer should be able to put her/his acquired instincts to good use. Context is key here. Being stopped is certainly not pleasant, but if you're clean you're detained for five, maybe ten minutes. You and the officer wish each other a safe night and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.