Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 05:30 PM

82 posts, read 267,991 times

Advertisements

No actually I agree with it because its the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 05:51 PM

349 posts, read 261,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
This is a very long joke. Too long; didn't get it.
Why aren't we surprised...

Old 05-29-2013, 05:57 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
Why aren't we surprised...
'Cuz you and I and everyone else know it's total bull****.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:43 PM

596 posts, read 730,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormywormie View Post
Yes, I feel like it's racist. As a 26 year old white female with no children, I feel very discriminated against. I can't get food stamps or any kind of welfare. I only make $250 every two weeks and, while I despise welfare, I am looking for a better job, but no one seems to want to hire me and I need help right now. Minorities get way more financial assistance for college and I just got punished by the food stamp people because I am in college. They said I didn't work enough - WTF? I just feel like minorities get a reward just for being a "minority" (when they probably aren't anymore) and people with illegitimate kids get rewarded for being irresponsible. And someone who is trying very hard to be an upstanding, tax-paying citizen gets punished. So, I got a little off-topic, but there's my opinion. Also, maybe if people stopped labeling black people as victims, they wouldn't feel that way and they wouldn't be a "minority" anymore. Maybe they're just a "minority" because everyone keeps saying they are. Someone asked Morgan Freeman in an interview how we should stop racism and he replied, "Quit talking about it." I like that.
You got "punished by the food stamp people"? Good lord. Does it make you feel any better that as a young black woman who was just starting out (many, many years ago), I would not have qualified for government assistance either? That's because I have no children. Years ago, I had just graduated from college, and I was struggling to get by. I had debt from student loans. I had always worked, since I was in high school, and continued to work while I was in college as well. After I graduated, I received an entry level job (for which I was quite grateful), but it didn't pay well. I did what I had to do to get by. I held an entry level office job during the day, worked retail at night, and picked up extra retail shifts on the weekends whenever they were available. I worked my ass off to get to where I am today. I would not have qualified for assistance back then (or now for that matter, if I fell on hard times) because I am an able bodied adult and I don't have any children. It has nothing to do with the color of my skin.

Sorry, but this idea that black and brown people get handed government assistance just for the sake of being black and brown is bull**** and I'm sick of hearing it. There were plenty of days back when I was first starting out that I skipped meals or could only afford to eat every other day. Nobody has ever handed me anything. Those of you who continue to believe this nonsense about minorities getting handed everything need to stop listening to Limbaugh and Hannity, try having an independent thought, and perhaps actually engage in a dialogue directly with some black and brown folks every once in a while. We don't bite, our lovely hue isn't contagious, and you may actually learn a thing or two that isn't based in profound ignorance and denial of the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies