Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times

Advertisements

Thanks for proving that you were wrong.

Quote:
For instance, Blacks with at least a bachelor's degree had an unemployment rate of 7.1 percent

Quote:
Blacks with only a high school diploma had an unemployment rate of 15.5 percent (compared to 8.4 percent for Whites)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You only showed the firemen case AFTER I posted this. However, this case doesn't not apply everywhere. If it did, Black unemployment rates would be lower than White unemployment rates.
Why would I have posted it BEFORE you posted that? Thanks for posting.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:43 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Thanks for proving that you were wrong.
Off by 1.3 percentage points. It still makes the case that a Blacks have to get college degrees to get unemployment rates close to what White high school grads have.

And I've proved you wrong in another way. Blacks still have higher unemployment rates even when education attainment is equal. It is you who isn't getting my point.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:44 AM

382 posts, read 588,700 times
Sure its racist. What if a white guy said you have to be twice as good and smart as a black guy to get past affirmative action? The left would be crying like a baby about it.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:03 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Just another day in the "Damned if You Do, Damn if You Don't" world of right-wing mind fornication.

We get thread after thread after interminable thread lauding some Negro conservative for telling black folks that they need to do x,y, and z but then when Obama states the same adage that every successful African American has been told since birth... he's a freaking racist.

I can't even get upset about this nonsense any more...
I'm sorry you didn't read my post before responding to it. If you would like to respond to what I actually said, then I'm happy to discuss it.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Default Does anyone else find Obama's comment racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Obama: "As An African American You Have To Work Twice As Hard As Anyone Else If You Want To Get By"

Obama: "As An African American You Have To Work Twice As Hard As Anyone Else If You Want To Get By" | RealClearPolitics

Maybe not racist, but completely false and absolutely non-presidential. Seems like a pretty awful comment for a POTUS to make.

I find your revised snippet taken out of context to be just more Obamaphobic partisan crackpottery.

To be expected, based on the past five years of spittle-spewing hatred from the right.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Off by 1.3 percentage points. It still makes the case that a Blacks have to get college degrees to get unemployment rates close to what White high school grads have.

And I've proved you wrong in another way. Blacks still have higher unemployment rates even when education attainment is equal. It is you who isn't getting my point.
It is you who is making false statements and then providing evidence that your own statements are wrong. What else do you make up at will when trying to prove some point? Feel free to quit while you're behind.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:34 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Obama: "As An African American You Have To Work Twice As Hard As Anyone Else If You Want To Get By"

Obama: "As An African American You Have To Work Twice As Hard As Anyone Else If You Want To Get By" | RealClearPolitics

Maybe not racist, but completely false and absolutely non-presidential. Seems like a pretty awful comment for a POTUS to make.
Racist comments are falsehoods about a given ethnic group based on a generalization attributed to that group. They can be born of innocent ignorance or deep seated prejudice.

So, in "technical" terms, yes, it is a racist comment. Do I take offense? Not in sense of it being racist, I don't play the race card game, but rather what offends me is his willingness to perpetuate such as true when it is an obvious generalization.

It could mean he is typically one of two positions: 1. Ignorant 2. Devious

I don't think he is ignorant on this front, rather I think he is being devious for political purposes. Devious fits his MO more reasonably than being ignorant here, but there could be elements of deep seated prejudice which combined with deviousness, serves his purpose.

Whatever it is, it isn't innocent, that much is certain (unless we are to entertain that he really is completely stupid, though in this case, it might be more preferential for him as people don't usually foster extreme anger very long for the severely stupid).

Old 05-21-2013, 08:38 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:

No and neither do you, but that doesn't stop you trolling the board with this phony outrage, does it?

Old 05-21-2013, 08:40 AM

199 posts, read 161,065 times
Only racists will find his comment racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies