Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 11:22 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Denigrate? I do not denigrate. It's hard to hear but think about it. Do you really think employers want to deal with the an employee who pulls the race card?
Then women shouldn't be hired for fear that a disgruntled female will pull the sexual harassment card.
Or that she will pull the gender discrimination card if she gets passed over for a promotion.

People over the age of 45 shouldn't be hired because eventually they will pull the age discrimination card.

Employers cannot determine if one is going to pull any kind of card, when the only card they are pulling is the "work" card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 11:22 PM

87 posts, read 97,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
paranoid much. What do you want, people to bow at your feet. Not going to happen. Put your big boy pants on and face life like everyone else.

A real man does not suck off the government teet.
If real men don't suck off the "government teet" then could you please tell me why the majority of welfare recipients in the U.S are white? Stop Freeloading!

Old 05-20-2013, 11:39 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Not in this racist country. The easiest way for me to explain is simply that whites have had many generations to accumulate wealth, pass that prosperity on to their descendants. the pattern goes on and on. Many whites have at least one relative or side of the family who is prosperous and has some ability to get them a good job somewhere. Most nonwhites have had maybe two generations of prosperity at best.
What is your definition of "wealth"? Do you seriously believe that all white people have some kind of accumulated wealth? That this wealth grows over time and then it is passed down from generation to generation? There are plenty of white people who die without leaving any "wealth" behind.

If someone worked hard and bought a home and left that home to an offspring, is that "wealth"? Many white people don't have life insurance, and those that do take out enough insurance to pay for their funeral costs and burial, not enough to leave their children "wealthy".

If there is so much wealth amongst white people, why didn't they use that wealth to pay off their mortgages rather than lose their home to foreclosure? How come so many white people have dropped from middle class and hover above the poverty line or now are considered living in poverty? Why are there so many homeless white people, including families?

I guess I need to go back through my family history and find out where the hell they hid that wealth that wasn't passed down to me.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3131 View Post
If real men don't suck off the "government teet" then could you please tell me why the majority of welfare recipients in the U.S are white? Stop Freeloading!
Real men don't suck off the government teet. White, black who cares, they are all freeloaders.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:47 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Then women shouldn't be hired for fear that a disgruntled female will pull the sexual harassment card.
Or that she will pull the gender discrimination card if she gets passed over for a promotion.

People over the age of 45 shouldn't be hired because eventually they will pull the age discrimination card.

Employers cannot determine if one is going to pull any kind of card, when the only card they are pulling is the "work" card.
White men shouldn't be hired because they may be passed over for the token black or woman. White men might pull the reverse discrimination card.

Perfect, no one has to work, Obama and big government can pay for everything. Problem solved!

Old 05-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Like I said, let Ben Carson say the same thing and we'd be reading through pages and pages of right wing trolls extolling his advice. Of course the argument would spun on its head so that the reasoning would be that because there are sooo many freebee sucking Negros that the "the blacks" have a obligation to prove to white people that they aren't hoodie wearing, skittle eating hoodlums or some such.

I bees life in this here times.

there is a Bill Cosby thread that already exist like that.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's funny since his mother was white and so that makes him just as much white as he is black.
If only it worked that way in America, but it doesn't. He wasn't even raised by his African father and still identifies himself as an AA. I applaud the fact that he's not running around like some idiots saying he's of mixed background and trying to be both or the lesser of either which some experts say is detrimental to your overall mental health, he clearly knows who he is and if he didn't he definitely wouldn't be POTUS, he is very proud of his ancestry both Black and White but a white man he is not so why would he play up his White side when he's lived his life as anything but?

Old 05-20-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Funny that he's considered black by everyone but you.
Not in America, and definitely not in the states that fly "old glory"

Old 05-21-2013, 06:11 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

I wouldn't expect anything less than assumptions and judgement from the person you just replied to. Said person has a very low opinion about Blacks in general and judges them based on the President. I wouldn't expect anything different.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post29635826

Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's simply an old adage that folks have said for years and they still say it without consideration to the times we live in. It's easier to just keep saying it rather than updating it.

Do you have to work harder? Sure. Twice as much? Meh...i doubt it.
Gotta work harder, eh?

Quote:
To win the admissions board's approval at that time, he said, a white applicant had to present SAT section scores higher than 600 (out of 800); a transcript of A's and B's; and a strong background of leadership in sports and student life, reflected in a four-digit score called the whole-person multiplier. Black and Hispanic students were routinely admitted with SAT scores in the 500s; with B's and C's; and lower whole-person multipliers, he said.

Naval Academy Professor Challenges Rising Diversity - Washington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies