Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 01:39 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
NO,it should not and furthermore, NO religious person should be allowed to hold office, or high position in the govt.

Too late, millions already have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 01:47 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
religion is a cancer....

Said Friedrich Nietzsche who died from syphilis.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:07 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,129,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I suppose that's better than being hated and murdered.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:09 AM

25,942 posts, read 22,098,104 times
Under the Obama administration, I am not allowed to "feel" or "think" because that would be wrong, a reason to have my privacy invaded since I would pose a threat. Obama will continue to tell us how to feel and what to think as are freedoms continue to go down the drain which suits lazy people just fine and me, not so fine. I read this article this morning: DOJ on and use this as an example of the demoralization of America brought to us by Obama, who I believe to be a disciple of the Devil himself. I am not a Christian so my opposition to both abortion and homosexual acts, for which I believe one is doomed to a bleak eternity, are not based on that faith. I don't believe that a lack of religion or sense of right and wrong based on money/votes/goodies of any sort should effect politics and policies either but they do. One of the things that people without faith in God don't realize is that those morals and beliefs are a part of who we are, ingrained in our being and I get tired of sensible beliefs being attributed to Christians because they aren't the only ones with moral values. When you can't even remain silent................

Old 05-28-2013, 08:53 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
what the heck has that got to do with it anyway?

Old 05-28-2013, 09:08 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,986,885 times
Religion is a mental prison I hope humanity will one day break out of.
Use your own mind, reasoning and logical thinking and not what you have been forced to believe since childhood.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:09 AM

Religion is the biggest lie that ever existed.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:10 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,652 times
In short, no.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:12 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
So the politicians of iran are apparently proposing a law to let 9 year old marry to fit sharia law, which any western reader will find absurd. In general muslim based laws are a cause for a lot of resentment towards foreign legal systems.

But in a more general basis do you think it's acceptable that politicians argue legislation based on religious beliefs? or use the god so many believe in for their political campaigns?

An example is the discussion about abortions, where there is apparently a large part of america being against abortions calling it "pro life", based on their "christian morals and values".
Even presidential candidates went into this in the last election, but what really gives a christian believer and/or politician the right to tell for example an atheist woman what she can or can't do with her womb and arguably almost alive fetus?

President bush ended the better part of his speaches along the lines with "god bless america", a rather innocent statement, but should the highest ruling person of a modern country really be involving religion in his speaches about governing a country of which the very first founding documents state clearly that religion should have nothing to do with the country?

The very first ammendment of your constitution says
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

what do you think?

It's ok only in a theocracy.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:14 AM

Religion should be banned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies