Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 11:31 PM

805 posts, read 1,161,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Why do you use the phrase "outmoded stereotypes"? Are you saying that at one time they were accurate? If so, what has changed? Human behavior does not as inside we're still the same as we were (as a culture) 50 or 100 years ago. So there's no such thing as an "outmoded" stereotype, and stereotypes have a basis in reality. Are you asserting that homosexuals have changed?

"Most would not behave that way." So up to 49% would? I'm not comfortable with the idea of 49% of gay boys behaving that way under the conditions present at a Scout camp.

Policies are words on paper, nothing more. That there are laws against robbery, murder, etc, does not prevent such crimes occuring every minute of every day. If someone is inclined to commit an act, policy is the last thing on their mind. And when is the last time a homosexual was charged and held accountable for sexual harassment? Not to say it doesn't occur, but it's not PC for a company to enforce with that part of the employee population.
By outmoded stereotypes, I mean something that is not true. A lot of stereotypes are just based of bigotry with no inherent truth to them. Might a few gay Scouts behave inappropriately? Yes, just as some straight Scouts currently do. But that's no reason to exclude an entire group of people based on some intrinsic characteristic. You need to judge a person based on their actions and not who they are sexually attracted to.

And why do assume that gays are not held accountable for sexual harassment? Do you have any evidence beyond your own bigotry?

Old 05-26-2013, 11:37 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,841,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
base code??? What are you talking about?

You just can't make stuff up. Your post has no basis in science, let alone reality.

How in heaven's name can you determin if a newborn male is a heterosexual based only on the ridiculous theory that since he has male genitalia...therefore he is hetrosexual???
Of course he is hetero is he has a penis, its just that later on in life he chooses to become gay, just like a woman chooses to be a lesbian.

after all, we all choose whether to have sex or not, so a gay could abstain if they wanted

Old 05-26-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Didn't Jesus kiss other men????
No, because he does not exist, never has done.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:39 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
so a gay could abstain if they wanted
......and would still be gay.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:41 PM

no sex equals not gay, cant you see that obvious fact.

here is an example, I have never had sex with an animal, therefore I am NOT a bestialist.

its the same logic

Old 05-26-2013, 11:43 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
no sex equals not gay, cant you see that obvious fact.

here is an example, I have never had sex with an animal, therefore I am NOT a bestialist.

its the same logic
Holy crap.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:06 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
I don't get it. Gay boys have been in the scouts for years, they just didn't make a big deal out of it. Why now? Plus are they going to announce they are gay when they join? Who cares anyway?

Old 05-27-2013, 06:23 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,496,314 times
Quote:
Of course he is hetero is he has a penis, its just that later on in life he chooses to become gay, just like a woman chooses to be a lesbian.

after all, we all choose whether to have sex or not, so a gay could abstain if they wanted
We all choose to have sex, but we do not choose who we are physically attracted to. Can you choose to not be attracted to women? If you think we chose to be gay, then that means you chose to be straight. Is that true for you, did you choose to be attracted to a woman, are you also attracted to men? Why should we choose to abstain from sex to satisfy those narrow minded views of yours? Grow up, yours is not the only way of living. I have a penis, I have never ever been a heterosexual.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:26 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,496,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't get it. Gay boys have been in the scouts for years, they just didn't make a big deal out of it. Why now? Plus are they going to announce they are gay when they join? Who cares anyway?
Well, of course you don't get it, you never get anything. It is not about coming out gay, it is about not being banned for being gay. Do you get that, is that simple enough for you to understand? It is called bias and discrimination and ostracism.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:29 AM

782 posts, read 1,106,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Who cares? There was a recent case of a gay scout who was up for his eagle badge, and should have received it but it was learned that he was gay and so he was denied it. Besides that fact, gays should not have to hide who they are just to be a part of the organization. That is patently and inherantly wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies