Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 06:38 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Of course he is hetero is he has a penis, its just that later on in life he chooses to become gay, just like a woman chooses to be a lesbian.

after all, we all choose whether to have sex or not, so a gay could abstain if they wanted
Of course what? ...a penis is not a indication of sexuality. A penis is a dual function organ. eleimination of Urine and delivery of semen. Neither is a function of hetrosexuality.

You do know the correct definition of the word Heterosexuality??? don't you?

You keep making stuff up. all wrong.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:57 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texantodd View Post
Who cares? There was a recent case of a gay scout who was up for his eagle badge, and should have received it but it was learned that he was gay and so he was denied it. Besides that fact, gays should not have to hide who they are just to be a part of the organization. That is patently and inherantly wrong.
Why? Scouting is a private organization which is free to set it's own rules for membership. One of those rules has (up to now) stated that homosexuality is in conflict to the moral code of the organization; thus homosexuals are precluded from membership. The USSC has affirmed this by the right of association. The young man declared himself to be homosexual, and was ejected. He knew that his claim of homosexuality would have repercussions and yet he chose to make it anyhow, perhaps to make a political challenge. He lost. Life's Lesson: Choices have consequences.

If homosexuals don't like the rules, why join such an organization? I doubt many 11 year olds are claiming to be homosexual, so it falls that adults are pushing this agenda for inclusion - a political agenda to normalize the condition and force acceptance.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:05 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
We all choose to have sex, but we do not choose who we are physically attracted to. Can you choose to not be attracted to women? If you think we chose to be gay, then that means you chose to be straight. Is that true for you, did you choose to be attracted to a woman, are you also attracted to men? Why should we choose to abstain from sex to satisfy those narrow minded views of yours? Grow up, yours is not the only way of living. I have a penis, I have never ever been a heterosexual.
Then your logic could be applied to pedophiles in that they're attracted to children. Should they stand up and scream "I Love Children and Am Proud of It! Accept me!!!" Or arsonists screaming "I Love Setting Things on Fire Because I Was Born This Way! Embrace Me!" Or do we seek to adjust their behavior through therapy, and that failing, remove them from interaction with general society, but in any case we do not accept or encourage them to act on their impulses.

Your argument fails.

You either are or want to be gay for whatever reason or misarrangement of chemicals occured in the womb. Fine. Don't push it on the rest of us by seeking to change our organizations you really have nothing to do with. Let children be children, and let them learn to cope with the world as it is, and that includes BSA as it has existed all along. Don't like it? Build something better.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:14 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Why? Scouting is a private organization which is free to set it's own rules for membership.
Because BSA holds (and presumably wishes to continue to hold) a federal charter, and gleans from that relationship certain specific benefits from governmental entities that it wishes to continue to enjoy. As such, they're held to a higher standard than just any ol' run-o'-the-mill private organization, in the same way that (for example) the nation's largest retailers are held to a higher standard than some just-starting-out Mom-and-Pop storefront on Main Street; in the same way that (for example) the nation's broadcast conglomerates and their owned affiliates are held to a higher standard than a low-power commercial station which reaches an infinitesimally smaller audience; in the same way that (for example) candidates for public office are subjected to personal appraisal by the media, of their finances, of their historic level of charitable donations and their tax rates, etc., as compared to the Average Joe.

Quote:
Choices have consequences.
Including the choice of a large, nationwide organization, carrying a federal charter, to engage in institutionalized bigotry. There are indeed, and should be, severe consequences for such scurrilous choices. By contrast, the principled standing-up to bigotry, while the choice to take such a risk does indeed have consequences, that shouldn't be defended, but assailed as such, and moral people should react to such consequences being assessed, and punish those who applied such consequences.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:25 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,339,311 times
Quote:
...One of those rules has (up to now) stated that homosexuality is in conflict to the moral code of the organization
It is their right; however, that certainly doesn't make homosexuality immoral.

Quote:
I doubt many 11 year olds are claiming to be homosexual
I don't know about you, but I know for myself and many, many people I've known, my sexual gender preference was already pretty darned well established by the time I was eleven. I've always dug girls. It just came that way naturally for me, just as being attracted to the same gender comes perfectly naturally for homosexuals.

Quote:
so it falls that adults are pushing this agenda for inclusion - a political agenda to normalize the condition and force acceptance.
Homosexuals should have inclusion; not systematic bigotry and discrimination. Homosexuality is perfectly normal and should be accepted. It's a fact of life. Some people are left-handed. Would it be right for them to be excluded from certain things or be disallowed from having the same rights and privileges as anyone else?

Old 05-27-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Then your logic could be applied to pedophiles in that they're attracted to children. Should they stand up and scream "I Love Children and Am Proud of It! Accept me!!!" Or arsonists screaming "I Love Setting Things on Fire Because I Was Born This Way! Embrace Me!" Or do we seek to adjust their behavior through therapy, and that failing, remove them from interaction with general society, but in any case we do not accept or encourage them to act on their impulses.
How dimwitted do you have to be to not see the difference between things that happen between two consenting adults that do not harm anyone else, and things like child molestation and arson?

Verrrry dimwitted indeed.

Your "argument" fails.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 AM

60 posts, read 73,411 times
Eagle Scout here. I'm certainly planning on having my kid in boy scouts, more now than ever.

Sex doesn't have anything to do with scouts and scouting has extremely good protections--an adult can NEVER be alone with a scout, period.

Molestation isn't a uniquely gay thing and in the past prior to the current rules it happened even with prohibitions on homosexuality. Its not gays that want to bring sexual orientation into scouts, its BSA that has made it an issue by kicking people out because of their sexual identity. Sexual behavior though is of course not allowed between anyone and there are very strict rules on separating adults from kids and not allowing adults to be alone with kids.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:55 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times
What will happen in 2 years?

Gays will be more accepted around the world in just about every organization, conservatives lose the fight, the world becomes a better place for just about everyone.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:09 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,841,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Why should we choose to abstain from sex to satisfy those narrow minded views of yours? .
Because there is no purpose to having gay sex, what does it achieve

No baby can result therefore no point

Old 05-27-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Because there is no purpose to having gay sex, what does it achieve

No baby can result therefore no point
The exact same can be said for heterosexual sex with the use of condoms or other birth control, or heterosexual oral sex, or heterosexual anal sex, or sex between hetero couples who have been "fixed" because they have no intention of ever having children.

I'm not sure if you think you have a point, but you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies