Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 09:48 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,269,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
All men are hetero at birth, because it was what we are programmed to be.

So, as a man develops he may find himself more attracted to other men, yet the base code is still there, in that he is at least subliminally attracted to women.

And this is where the young boys come in. As far as the DNA is concerned, these are half-women, half boy - so will have an appeal to the gay man.
I was going to ask for links to your sources, but, well.......just never mind.

I am literally just sitting here with my mouth open; I am truly speechless.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:53 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,844,303 times
Women are also hetero at birth.

When they have sex together it is also only foreplay in preparation for the real thing, which subliminally they want and need.

This is evidenced by the fact that they use artificial phallic devices as stimuli.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:54 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,361,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
What a POWERFULLY MISINFORMED statement.

Christian organization???? Seriously????!!!!!!

You don't think there are hundreds of synagogue sponsored troops and thousands of Jewish boys in the BSA? I'll name one former eagle scout who was a major benefactor to .the BSA and who was also strongly against the anti-gay discriminatory policy: producer Steven Spielberg.

thank you for stating the obvious! Those who identify everything "American" with everything "Christian" are not only woefully uneducated, but also woefully close minded. . . . .!

Old 05-26-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

Why would non-gay boys want to sleep over at an openly gay boy's house?
My son has spent the night at his gay friend's house. They're seniors in high school now, and sleepovers are a thing of the past, but I can remember at least one occasion when the friend had several of his friends spend the night because it was his birthday.

This probably was in the eighth or ninth grade and I honestly can't remember if the boy had identified as being gay at that point, at least openly, but it wouldn't have affected my decision as to whether or not my son could have attended the sleepover.

Quote:
Or socialize once he came out?
Maybe because not all kids are raised to be ignorant bigots?

Old 05-26-2013, 10:10 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,266,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
My son has spent the night at his gay friend's house. They're seniors in high school now, and sleepovers are a thing of the past, but I can remember at least one occasion when the friend had several of his friends spend the night because it was his birthday.

This probably was in the eighth or ninth grade and I honestly can't remember if the boy had identified as being gay at that point, at least openly, but it wouldn't have affected my decision as to whether or not my son could have attended the sleepover.
Would you let your 9th grade daughter sleep over at a Boy Friends house, even if they are "Just friends" ?

Old 05-26-2013, 10:13 AM

5,664 posts, read 5,096,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I learned to do everything that a scout could do and did it on my own. I lacked the uniform and the camraderie of a team, but that did not stop me from learning to fish, camp, make a fire, be helpful and honest and respectful.
So start your own organization, similar in many ways with some of the same activities. You can wear whatever uniform pleases you. Build camraderie with those who hold similar values. Be led by adults with the same values and beliefs. If yours is truly superior, then the traditional Scouting organization will fade. If not, you still have yours as an alternative for gay boys. Seems like a win-win for all involved, except perhaps those with a society-altering agenda or those who wish to mold the minds of others' children.

Quote:
Why separate gay kids from straight kids, it will only make the straight ones think the gay ones are inferior, why reinforce the biases and discrimination of the adults onto the kids who will just grow up spreading this same kind of bias to the next generation.
What I'm reading here is that you wish to imprint your values and social mores onto the next generation, even though gays are incapable of normal reproduction via male-female bonding in a real, traditional family. You want to prevent parents who actually produce and raise children of their own from instilling their values onto these same children, because yours are "more progressive" and obviously "superior".

Quote:
Separate is honestly never equal.
Then make your own and make it "better". Here's your chance.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:21 AM

15,542 posts, read 10,531,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Yesterday the Boy Scouts voted to allow gay youths only (no adults) into the org.

What happens in a few years when many of those youths become adults and are not allowed to be leaders?

Do you think a mass lawsuit will take place?
No, several years ago the Supreme Court declared the scouts a private organization with freedom of association. If they allow gay leaders, it will be by a vote (just like the other day).

Old 05-26-2013, 10:43 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,503,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So start your own organization, similar in many ways with some of the same activities. You can wear whatever uniform pleases you. Build camraderie with those who hold similar values. Be led by adults with the same values and beliefs. If yours is truly superior, then the traditional Scouting organization will fade. If not, you still have yours as an alternative for gay boys. Seems like a win-win for all involved, except perhaps those with a society-altering agenda or those who wish to mold the minds of others' children.

What I'm reading here is that you wish to imprint your values and social mores onto the next generation, even though gays are incapable of normal reproduction via male-female bonding in a real, traditional family. You want to prevent parents who actually produce and raise children of their own from instilling their values onto these same children, because yours are "more progressive" and obviously "superior".

Then make your own and make it "better". Here's your chance.
Holy Cow,, since when did the boy scouts become about procreation. My values are no different that straight people just because I am gay. How dumb to think that. Separate is still not equal, you want to segregate gays kids from straight kids when in reality they will be integrated in every day activities. So Johnny wants to know why his friend Joe has to have a separate group to attend because he is gay, yet they go to the same school, take the same bus, have the same teachers. So what do you tell Johnny, that is friend Joe is inferior and does not deserve the same treatment? WE as a country that is supposed to be based on freedom of all of its citizens should not endorse segregation or discrimination of any group of people or children for any reason. Should disabled kids be banned from the boy scouts next because they cannot walk or hike? Where is the line drawn, at only gay kids or maybe there should be a white only boy scouts and a black only boy scouts. Why not separate them all from each other. SEPARATE IS NEVER EVER EQUAL AND ONLY CREATES DISSENSION

Old 05-26-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Would you let your 9th grade daughter sleep over at a Boy Friends house, even if they are "Just friends" ?
Probably not (if I had a daughter, which I don't).

Anyway, the correlation you are trying to make would only apply if my son were also gay.

Having two heterosexual teenagers of the opposite sex, who could very well be attracted to each other, "sleep over" is way different than allowing my heterosexual son to sleep over at his gay friend's house. As far as I know, my son is not now, nor has he ever been, sexually attracted to other boys, so why would I be concerned about him spending the night with another boy?

Do you think that by allowing my son to spend the night with his gay friend that my son would then "turn gay" himself?

For someone with a gay son yourself, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you are woefully misinformed. Please do yourself, and your son, a huge favor and get educated.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:49 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,388,675 times
From Boy Scouts of America, to Explorer Scouts of America.

I avoid people driving Ford Explorers and Subaru Outbacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies