Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 07:30 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,902 times

Advertisements

I agree mustangeater82. clearly the archetypal nannystater wants you to do and think exactly as he or she does in every situation. since they are typically confounded by items requiring mechanical aptitude. they trust no one who is independently minded enough to actually take personal responsibility for all of their existence. to these tortured and misguided souls, if you will not willing follow them off of the cliff when the drunken groupthink leader accidently stumbles and goes over.........well clearly there is something wrong a person who doesn't believe that the sun warms the planet seasonally.

to this group, why should citizen x be allowed to carry an object which though seemingly inanimate in actuality has acute mind control capabilities and could in fact take an otherwise harmless lemming and cause subject lemming to shoot the nearest many nannystaters until his clip (yes clip) runs out of the eleventybillion buwwets they carry. evil things those gunses, people who like them nust be mutts.

as for me I blame my keyboard for it's sy-reen like call that compels me towards general non capitalization. that this annoys a politicallycorrecter, well that's just gravy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 07:31 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,648,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Did you have a point? Did you even address the general notion of IQ and maturity level being important when it comes to allowing someone to own a firearm? No, you didn't. You just rambled a while about how "there is no such thing as a common sense guideline" (a sad commentary for this nation in its own right). I believe "You should have at least the IQ and maturity level of a third grader before owning a weapon" is commonsense; but there seems to be resistence to even this idea.

No wonder more serious gun control legislation has so much trouble. It seems that its opposition believes the requirements for gun ownership should be "At least 6 fingers all total?... Yep, here's your weapon!"

Who is to be the judge of intelligence? You? We live in a free country. My initial evaluation of you is you assume(bad thing) that an individual is not intelligant based on 1-2 posts on a message board. You make assumptions and prejudgements with very little info or facts. Then you want to make new laws. Based on the rash of gun laws after a shooting it seems a lot of them are emotion based as well. I don't want people like you restricting people's freedoms. I think that is a very dangerous thing.

IMO I think this is a dangerous way to create laws and operate a government. This is how laws that make the entire police force felons by law for doing their normal job get on the books.

I am for some gun law reform, but nothing that has hit the books yet.

More people die from bad drivers in a year then a decade of bad gun owners.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Old 05-26-2013, 07:41 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
I didn't misspell a thing. "Ellipses" is the plural form of the word "ellipsis", whether you are talking about math or grammar. Stop digging already. Also, a proper ellipsis contains three periods.

Ellipsis - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Ellipses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What opinion are you referring to? All I said about guns in general was, "I think guns are just fine". How am I a "leftist" for saying that?

Quote:
than I've seen thus far on this thread, before being permitted to carry one.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:45 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It that is true, than the NRA is doing something wrong, because gun violence has dropped dramatically in the last 20 years.
That`s true but 20 years ago the crack epedemic was at it`s peak.How do we compare with Canada,Japan,UK,Australia,etc.?

Old 05-26-2013, 07:47 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
that would be an estimated number of times. I concealed carry. once in my life I was very grateful to be armed. being armed allowed me to keep my stuff and not get the ever loving **** kicked out me by four hispanic guys wanting to car jack my truck. no shots were fired and no police report filed. the thugs went about looking for a softer target and I went about my business supporting them and their illegal immigrant mothers by being a hard working blue collar tax paying and law abiding citizen.

So you didnt pull you weapon and these Hispanic "carjackers" with illegal alien mommas... gave you all their personal information durring the so called "attack"??? and you didnt call LEO to advise them that there was a gang of Hispanic "carjackers" with illegal alien mothers had just "attacked" you and you fought them off...yet they told you that they were off to hit a "softer" target???

LOL

Old 05-26-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
That's what the NRA gun lobby and their followers want, though. They love the idea of running gun battles in the streets and wild west type vigilantism. The more bad guys with guns to fight, the better. More opportunities for violence and death = even more gun sales and profit.
I'm an NRA and GOA life member. I have owned firearms since before I became a teen ager I'm now on the cusp of sixty years of age. I know many, many like me. I don't know a one who has ever shot another human being. I don't anyone who wants to shoot another human being.

Quote:
They love the idea of running gun battles in the streets and wild west type vigilantism
this is the very same thing other lemmings tearfully spewed way back in 1987 in an attempt to prevent shall issue permits to those such as myself in my beloved florida. they have been systematically proven to be so far off base so as to be considered by us real men to be a sub species of humanity (homosapiens weepus nonerectus) it is feared by some that once the shooting they predict repeatedly does come to be, they will become extinct.

in order to prevent such a tragedy from occurring a few of we real men have decided to take their willingly taken women and teach them to shoot. it's working quite well. so well in fact that once their women learn to handle a firearm they will often bring their almost men folk around and allow us to tune them up a bit and the people all rejoice.

any ladies who are concerned for their personal protection and live in the south florida area who wish to become proactive about this great responsibility may PM me for information regarding firearms courses tailored for you and with the objective of helping you obtain a concealed carry permit. if you live in one of the free states and are interested please visit www.refuse.nra.org

Old 05-26-2013, 07:57 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
So you didnt pull you weapon and these Hispanic "carjackers" with illegal alien mommas... gave you all their personal information durring the so called "attack"??? and you didnt call LEO to advise them that there was a gang of Hispanic "carjackers" with illegal alien mothers had just "attacked" you and you fought them off...yet they told you that they were off to hit a "softer" target???

LOL
Perhaps this fantasy was a result of one of those LSD flashbacks everyone was promised a few decades back.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:58 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Who is to be the judge of intelligence? You?
I'm just trying to get one person to admit an IQ test (one that, as said before, would require a person to at least match up with a third grader) wouldn't be a bad idea, at this point. I find it shocking how controversial the general suggestion seems to be on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And you are basing your opinion on this thread alone....typical leftist....
Quote:
What opinion are you referring to? All I said about guns in general was, "I think guns are just fine". How am I a "leftist" for saying that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

"than I've seen thus far on this thread, before being permitted to carry one."
If you're going to quote me to criticize an opinion, at least quote more than a sentence fragment. Here is what I said:

Quote:
I think guns are just fine. But people should demonstrate higher intelligence and/or maturity than I've seen thus far on this thread before being permitted to carry one.
Do you understand what this is saying? This is not me saying that because a couple of people here struggle with grammar and spelling, it's shaped my opinion on gun control. This is me saying people should be and show that they are more intelligent/mature before taking possession of a handgun. Now, I'll ask you again: What specific opinion do you take issue with, and why?

Old 05-26-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post

LOL
what happened was that as I was leaving a residential jobsite and driving to my next appointment a little blue mazda with a white racing stripe pulled in front of my truck from the right lane and the driver stood on the brakes. I couldn't react quickly enough to this erratic move subsequently I hit his car ever so slightly. in the right seat of my truck which in actuality is my desk, my laptop appointment book and other stuff flew forward from the sudden stop.

here I am looking down and to the right thinking ughhh. suddenly my door is flung open and as I turn to look all I see is a little brown fist hitting my left eye. the little brown turd got five shots in before I was able to fumble with my seatbelt and get free.

having freed myself of my nanny state mandated restraining device I was able to sort of kick the greasy foreigner off of my person and out of my truck. as soon as I was out the assailant ran towards his car. by this time though my left eye was swelling shut from the weak but repeated blows from his bitty little fistyness. so as I pause to assess while still facing the now relatively distant threat I see out of my right periphery another now crouching mexican low running around the right side of my truck.

at this point I reach for my revolver which is in a pocket inside of the truck but within easy reach from where I was standing by my truck. I turn to meet the new threat and when the this product of mexican incest comes into view he sees me and my friends, mr.s smith and wesson in all of their stainless glory confronting him.

this kid stops quickly and starts to yell tiene una pistola, tiene una pistola then turns and runs to from whence he came.

behind me I now hear stomping footsteps and as I turn to re engage the first kid all I see is elbows and crosstrainers.

with all of them safely in their car they drive off. as they do my truck which was in drive and detained by their bumper now starts to putt putt away from me. were it not for the nerf bars and a lucky grasp it would have gone on without me. I attempted to chase those kids but as traffic built before them they put the car onto a sidewalk and drove around the traffic.

the whole incident occurred in seconds. it takes more time to read about it than it took to transpire.

in response to your other question I don't ever dial 911. as you can see in that instance there was no need to.

with the advent of the expansion of the castle doctrine in florida I might have been able to shoot but the act of shooting a boy in the back would have been difficult to explain to authorities. I can't say why I didn't shoot, only that I'm glad I didn't. self control saved me a great deal of money and someone else might kill those kids at some point....or they'll get deported.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:49 AM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
...Why do gun nuts struggle with capitalization and spelling?
I don't know. Why would an anti-gun nut start a sentence with an ellipsis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies