Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 08:53 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,866,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
That`s true but 20 years ago the crack epedemic was at it`s peak.How do we compare with Canada,Japan,UK,Australia,etc.?
Which have all had lower crime rates than us before and after their gun bans, and before and after any gun laws changed in the last fifty years.

Just a tidbit of information you all tend to so conveniently leave completely out of your ridiculous arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 09:01 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,139,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
if someone writes a paragraph in political discussion/debate in which they can't capitalize or spell words as well as a third grader, they should put off gun ownership for a bit.
That's awfully arrogant of you, Vic, and in order to draw the conclusions you are, you have to make a LOT of assumptions.

What if the author is using a smartphone to post? When I'm using my phone (or tablet, for that matter), I don't often bother with capitalization, and don't worry much about spelling or grammar.

What if the author has arthritis or some other condition that makes it difficult or painful to type?

If you have to resort to the argument you're using to justify the stripping of a Constitutional right, then you have no argument at all.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I have no problem with guns, just with people who can't agree to some very commonsense guidelines concerning who should be able to own them. Yes, I think IQ and maturity level are important. For example, if someone writes a paragraph in political discussion/debate in which they can't capitalize or spell words as well as a third grader, they should put off gun ownership for a bit.
That's how some of us feel about Obama voters, and emotionally driven anti-gun left wing loons.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:13 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:

If you're going to quote me to criticize an opinion, at least quote more than a sentence fragment. Here is what I said:

Do you understand what this is saying? This is not me saying that because a couple of people here struggle with grammar and spelling, it's shaped my opinion on gun control. This is me saying people should be and show that they are more intelligent/mature before taking possession of a handgun. Now, I'll ask you again: What specific opinion do you take issue with, and why?
I did that, because the beginning of your sentence had ZERO to do with the rest of your sentence....

So, here....

Lets quote your entire posting shall we:

Quote:
Ellipsis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At any rate, an alleged misuse of ellipses is hardly the elementary sort of mistake I had just pointed out

I think guns are just fine, but people should demonstrate higher intelligence and/or maturity than I've seen thus far on this thread, before being permitted to carry one.
You have stated that guns are just fine, and the people should demonstrate higher intelligence, AND THUS FAR IN THIS THREAD, these people should not be able to carry...from what you have seen in this thread....

So, you are making your entire assumption on this thread....THUS FAR IN THIS THREAD.....

My son even figured it out...and he is 11....

Old 05-26-2013, 09:18 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,533,917 times
regarding individuals such as the poster vic, logic eludes nannystaters. they pluck their world view from fashion mags and spew it as gospel.

it has always been thus and thus shall it always be. they are however very entertaining here and at bars or cocktail parties. the benefit of here is that one need not keep a straight face.

thanks nannystaters, please don't change.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:59 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,396,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I don't know. Why would an anti-gun nut start a sentence with an ellipsis?
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post29730276

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That's awfully arrogant of you, Vic, and in order to draw the conclusions you are, you have to make a LOT of assumptions.

What if the author is using a smartphone to post?

What if the author has arthritis or some other condition that makes it difficult or painful to type?
Very well. If the author cannot match a third grader in things like grammar or capitalization regardless of these factors (that would naturally be exceptions to the rule), they should put off gun ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
That's how some of us feel about Obama voters, and emotionally driven anti-gun left wing loons.
And if you can reasonably tie voting Democrat in and of itself to irresponsibility with a gun, you might have a good idea. As for "emotionally driven anti-gun left wing loons":

"Emotionally driven" and "loons" are already concepts of interest in gun control, as they should be.
"Anti-gun"? Wouldn't applying for gun ownership mean you are not really anti-gun?
"Left wing"? Why would this matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Lets quote your entire posting shall we:

You have stated that guns are just fine, and the people should demonstrate higher intelligence, AND THUS FAR IN THIS THREAD, these people should not be able to carry...from what you have seen in this thread....

So, you are making your entire assumption on this thread....THUS FAR IN THIS THREAD.....
How could you quote it twice and still not understand what it's saying? I made no statement that any poster here shouldn't be allowed to carry a handgun. I said people should demonstrate higher intelligence than what I had seen at that point in the thread, because they should! Maybe every last one of you are qualified to own one, but I hadn't seen any sign of it at the time. It's really not complicated.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:04 AM

I stand by what I said about intellect and maturity not making much of an appearance among gun nuts on the first page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
...3 assalants attack a women that is home alone and she fights them off.

...4-5 suspects attach a man, he fighrts them off kills one wounds another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
being armed allowed me to keep my stuff and not get the ever loving **** kicked out me by four hispanic guys wanting to car jack my truck... and I went about my business supporting them and their illegal immigrant mothers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
you are linking 1 site...LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz
I rest my case.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:16 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,533,917 times
dear vic, all you can do is rest. anything else requires thought. that process is apparently alien to those of your kind.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
dear vic, all you can do is rest. anything else requires thought. that process is apparently alien to those of your kind.
Is this because I drew attention to your racist comment about Hispanics? Or would you like to add to your story an explanation of how you just knew those Hispanic men all had illegal immigrant mothers?

Old 05-26-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
And if you can reasonably tie voting Democrat in and of itself to irresponsibility with a gun, you might have a good idea. As for "emotionally driven anti-gun left wing loons":
Both are pretty damn stupid.

Quote:
"Emotionally driven" and "loons" are already concepts of interest in gun control, as they should be.
"Anti-gun"? Wouldn't applying for gun ownership mean you are not really anti-gun?
"Left wing"? Why would this matter?
I really don't see the need to dissect my words and spin them into something they don't mean.

I stand by my comment about the intellect and maturity of emotionally driven anti-gun left wing loons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies