Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
so what was po' po' little trey'von taking with his mary-jane to turn him into such a hatefull thug ?
He was planning to ingest, in a safe place, dopamine-releasing tablets of heavily sugared Skittles.

Skittles look a lot like speed pills.

Course, this is only conjecture.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:42 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
He was taking a cocktail of Adderall for ADHD and Tamazepam for insomnia. Tamazepam is something that should be taken for only a short period of time as it is addictive and has some serious side effects. Adderall is a mixture of four different amphetamine salts. Obviously the Adderall didn't cause GZ to have a weight gain.

When you mix two drugs that have strong side effects, and contradict each other, one has to experience one or more side effects.
And.......he may very well have been topping off that cocktail with another cocktail of alcohol - something we will likely never know because he wasn't tested that night.

Unlike the victim, who was tested and who now Zimmerman supporters want to label as a "pot head" because of the very small amount of THC found in his system.

Could it be possible that the reason Zimmerman didn't go to the hospital that night - you know, for those "life threatening" injuries he incurred from that pot-crazed kid in the hoodie - was because he had something other than just prescribed medication in his system?

Like alcohol?

Why else would he refuse medical attention when he was supposedly beaten so severely by Zimmerman?

Old 06-01-2013, 09:46 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Is it too late for the judge to order a psychological evaluation of Zimmerman?
The Judge wouldn't order a psych evaluation unless Zimmerman did something like indicate he was suicidal over the incident. The Court orders psychological evaluations if the defense claims that their client/s are so disturbed that they cannot assist counsel with their representation.

HOWEVER, if Zimmerman was so disturbed by killing Trayvon that he sought psychological counseling to help him deal with the experience, AND that psychologist or therapist could testify to Zimmerman being seriously emotionally/mentally affected by it, or that he suffered from something like PTSD as a result, the defense COULD (and probably WOULD) call that psychologist to testify on Zimmerman's behalf. ALSO, the LEGAL TEAM could have had Z evaluated by a mental health expert, and if that evaluation showed serious mental/emotional trauma, that expert could be called. Of course, the risk in having him evaluated by a mental health expert is that if the evaluation did not reveal any problems, then the State could use that expert on their behalf if they wanted to do so. When you have your client evaluated, you have to reveal that information in discovery.

So, if the defense is planning to use a mental health expert in their case, they would have had to turn that expert's name over to the State in discovery so the State could depose such expert and get a copy of their report. If that happened, the media has not noticed it or reported on it that I know of.

Again, though, that seems to me to be the best way to get on the record Zimmerman's state of mind without having Zimmerman himself testify. Of course, if Zimmerman were not so disturbed, then no mental health expert could testify about that.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
He was taking a cocktail of Adderall for ADHD and Tamazepam for insomnia. Tamazepam is something that should be taken for only a short period of time as it is addictive and has some serious side effects. Adderall is a mixture of four different amphetamine salts. Obviously the Adderall didn't cause GZ to have a weight gain.

When you mix two drugs that have strong side effects, and contradict each other, one has to experience one or more side effects.
Socially acceptable uppers and downers - neither of which recommended, singularly or in combination, to be consumed with socially acceptable alcohol.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:49 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Is it too late for the judge to order a psychological evaluation of Zimmerman?
I would think it's already been done and that both the defense and the prosecution have had their own expert witnesses examine him.

Not something I know for a fact, but it seems likely to me.

Well, except for the fact that Zimmerman is virtually out of money to pay these witnesses......

"Show me the money!"

Old 06-01-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post

Again, though, that seems to me to be the best way to get on the record Zimmerman's state of mind without having Zimmerman himself testify. Of course, if Zimmerman were not so disturbed, then no mental health expert could testify about that.
Will the prosecutor be allowed to present Z's "medical" history, i.e., use of mind altering drugs?

Old 06-01-2013, 09:58 AM

Didn't Zimmerman begin fearing for his life the moment he began stalking Martin on foot?

Was he getting an adrenaline rush?

Old 06-01-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I would think it's already been done and that both the defense and the prosecution have had their own expert witnesses examine him.

Not something I know for a fact, but it seems likely to me.

Well, except for the fact that Zimmerman is virtually out of money to pay these witnesses......

"Show me the money!"
Sounds like getaway money.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post

How about an all out psychological profile?

The type applicants to police academies are require to take.

Maybe, going into small engine repair, would have been therapeutic.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:02 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Will the prosecutor be allowed to present Z's "medical" history, i.e., use of mind altering drugs?
I don't know, but I don't think so, especially since a drug test was not administered the night of the incident so we have no way of knowing whether or not Zimmerman had meds in his system. People OFTEN do not take medications which have been prescribed for them. In fact, I don't remember hearing that there was ever a blood test given to Zimmerman after the incident. I may be wrong about that, but I can't remember hearing anything about it.

If the defense opens the door with the mental disturbance issue which would have caused Zimmerman to seek psychological counseling after the shooting, then the State could try to rebut with their own expert mental health expert.....I think Zimmerman would have to submit to an evaluation by a State mental health expert in that case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies