Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 08:09 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Weed makes people laid back and passive, sometimes too passive.

Besides, the punishment for smoking weed isn't and shouldn't be the death penalty , this isn't the MIddle Easat.
Don't forget that the amount that they found was minute, with no traces of any other drug. Like Mr Draper said weed does not make you overly aggressive. This is in direct contrast to zimms violent history.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:17 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,849 times
Zim is a meth freak by prescription.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:20 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Zim is a meth freak by prescription.
Yes, of course. Not sure what side is dumber in this debate. The fact is Zimmerman was a stupid idiot and unfortunately for those who wish to imprison him that ain't no crime. In Florida an idiot with a gun can provoke someone and then shoot them dead when they assault him.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, of course. Not sure what side is dumber in this debate. The fact is Zimmerman was a stupid idiot and unfortunately for those who wish to imprison him that ain't no crime. In Florida an idiot with a gun can provoke someone and then shoot them dead when they assault him.
Even if they don't assault them!

A person only needs to SAY he was assaulted.

So, the Captain told me, "If he tries that again, drop both hands to your sides and run into a group of scientists."

Old 05-31-2013, 08:47 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Even if they don't assault them!

A person only needs to SAY he was assaulted.

So, the Captain told me, "If he tries that again, drop both hands to your sides and run into a group of scientists."
And I thought Zimmerman was an idiot.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
And I thought Zimmerman was an idiot.
Oh, DO go on.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:44 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Don't forget that the amount that they found was minute, with no traces of any other drug. Like Mr Draper said weed does not make you overly aggressive. This is in direct contrast to zimms violent history.
What does make you overly aggressive and really po'd is being sent to Sanford by your dad because you're suspended from school for having weed in your backpack. Then while you're trying to get a buzz on, you notice a guy watching you from a car, then he starts to follow you. cop ? robber ? security ? someone who'd snitch to your dad ? Laid back and mellow, sure. More like wanting to pin someone to the ground and make him bleed, as he described doing in the fight he had.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:54 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Oh, this trial is going to be soooo surprising for you; in fact, it may turn out to be over your head.
I doubt it. This judges bias is hamstringing Zimmerman's defense. Does this judge have some reason to disallow evidence crucial to Zimmerman's case? Such as, Martin's known penchant for fighting (he was an expert in MMA)? He had been suspended from school repeatedly for fighting, and one time for being in possesion of the tools of burglary. This fact is important because the area that Zimmerman had been patrolling had been experiencing multiple break-ins. That is the reason that Martin raised Zimmerman's suspicion.

No, I doubt I'll be surprised. I think it's clear that this trial is going to do just what the MSM has been doing all along. Martin will be portrayed as an innocent young man just out for "snacks" with no history of violence or bad behavior.

Zimmerman will be portrayed as a "hot head," and shown to be the agressor, even though Zimmerman had already notified the police that he was observing Martin, and was expecting their arrival at any moment. Does that even make sense?

"Over my head?" Why the smart assed remark? Are you incapable of civil discourse? Such comments reduce your credibility to zero. You invite criticism of yourself.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Right. I noticed that too; they are restricted from using it in opening statements, so the attorneys will have to try to get around hearsay rules in order to get any of that info out from the witness stand, which may not be an easy task at all. Opening statements explain to the jury each side's theory of the case and tells the jury what they intend to prove, so having such information ruled inadmissible during opening is a pretty serious blow for the defense.
Documented evidence is not "hearsay." Why do you call it that? Just because the judge may not allow it into evidence doesn't make it "hearsay" either.

I think this judges bias may have something to do with Zimmerman's defense of the black homeless man a year earllier, when he and his wife insisted that the police officer(s) who beat the man be held accountable and disciplined. Just a hunch. I think Sanford is looking for revenge against Zimmerman. He gave the Sanford police a bad name.

How this case will turn out is difficult to predict, but I think Zimmerman is on the short end of the stick.

The cell phone records will be key, and aslo Martin's text messages, if the judge will allow them into evidence.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The Manson trial almost got thrown out because Nixon made a stupid comment.

As someone on TV said today: 0bama is a SLOW LEARNER!

All those hideous politicians who commented should be impeached.
I didn't remember that about the Manson trial. Did you ever read "Helter Skelter?" Excellent book by Vince Bugliosi, describes the crimes, the investigation, and the trial in detail.

Manson and his followers were convicted largey on circumstancial evidence. It shows how such evidence can be used to "connect the dots," so to speak, and get a conviction.

A jury must be able to use common sense and judgement of the evidence it is presented with, along with intelligent reasoning, to come to conclusions. Some people here do not think a jury is supposed to use their brains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies