Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 04:26 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, they got the right guy. The pot-head is facing six counts of involuntary manslaughter.

they should have never issued the permits to demolish that building with another building touching the very walls of the building they were demolishing, the truth will come out!!! it would have never happened if the building inspector did his job...

well guess he figured he did not do his job,, so he committed suicide..

Demolition of Hoagie City at 22nd and Market St, Philadelphia - YouTube
you got to be an idiot to issue a permit to demolish a building so close to another building with people in it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 04:49 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
He seems to be too technical a person and is incapable of thinking outside the box, even as laws are being overturned all over the country. I have spoken to many Philadelphia Police Officers on the subject and they all agree on the absurdity of Marijuana being classified a Schedule I drug. In Philly, possession of Marijuana is decriminalized but that was long overdue and too much damage has already been done. It is becoming quite obvious that the only factions of society that don't want the laws overturned are those that profit from our current injustices.

For people that subscribe to the War on "drugs" and the laws and police/prison state that come from that, I do not care in the slightest what they consider me for I guarantee that I consider them far worse.
Great post.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Are marijuana users criminals?
Yes

Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Yes

Inspector of Collapsed Building: "It Was My Fault" - Local News - Philadelphia, PA | NBC News

Old 06-14-2013, 07:40 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Haha, how incredibly arrogant and self-righteous of you. Nobody is looking in your direction for justification on these issues.
You have shown yourself to be incapable of thinking for yourself and need literal dictation from other men to live your life. Sad imo, but to each his own. You see a plant as a "hard drug" because another man told you so, while the rest of the known universe and an increasingly growing portion of the population sees a plant with hundreds of uses and solutions.

It is obvious some laws created by man have become perversed when nature is being outlawed. No matter how moral or law-abiding you consider yourself to be today, decades from now you will be seen as part of the problem.

Side note: I've found that the biggest detractors of Marijuana are often on prescription pills or other more addictive/dangerous drugs. Truly ironic.
Yet again, I do not oppose the legalization of marijuana. Good god, how hard is it for you to actually read? I will say it one more time, since you seem too slow to understand. I support legalizing marijuana 100%. I oppose breaking laws simply because you feel they aren't good laws. It is more than a little pathetic that you can't even respond to what I have repeated a half a dozen times. How many times do I need to repeat myself before you actually read what I write?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh goodie. Now I can ask you. Were the Freedom Riders scumbags? How about Rosa Parks. Was she a scumbag?
Obviously not. Comparing getting high to banning people from being slaves and being beaten to death is nothing but pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself for using something as offensive as slavery to try and push people to let you smoke up.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:13 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Yet again, I do not oppose the legalization of marijuana. Good god, how hard is it for you to actually read? I will say it one more time, since you seem too slow to understand. I support legalizing marijuana 100%. I oppose breaking laws simply because you feel they aren't good laws. It is more than a little pathetic that you can't even respond to what I have repeated a half a dozen times. How many times do I need to repeat myself before you actually read what I write?

Obviously not. Comparing getting high to banning people from being slaves and being beaten to death is nothing but pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself for using something as offensive as slavery to try and push people to let you smoke up.
Pursuit of happiness thingy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPDomnIF8dU

Last edited by Nonarchist; 06-14-2013 at 11:47 AM..

Old 06-14-2013, 05:58 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Obviously not. Comparing getting high to banning people from being slaves and being beaten to death is nothing but pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself for using something as offensive as slavery to try and push people to let you smoke up.[/quote]

Regardless on how tasteless was the rebuttal, he did make a valid point. If it was illegal for a black woman to sit in the front of the bus as Ms Rosa Parks did that is no different then someone illegally smoking cannabis. The law itself was created under false pretenses (profit for a few) and continues to to be cash cows for other to this day through the prison for profit industry.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:19 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
No, they got the right guy. The pot-head is facing six counts of involuntary manslaughter.
But he would not have been there if it was not for the inspector, who btw is dead

Old 06-14-2013, 06:22 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
True. There are two kinds of citizens, law abiding ones, and those who have no respect for the law. Obviously drug users fall in the latter category on most situations, and in most places. They tend to respond with anger when this obvious fact is pointed out to them

I agree with Gtownoe; literal ignorance only deserves literal sarcasm.

Why was prohibition an absolute failure? It was an abomination of secular interests creating horrible laws through manipulation of facts. People still used alcohol, and for 14 years they were all criminals. In fact these tyranical laws gave birth to the Italian and Irish mobs. The law wouldn't have been rescinded if it hadn't been for people ignoring the insanity of it all. You can't break an illegal law,

This is exactly how this ridiculous war on Americans is playing out. More people die from alcohol than illegal drugs; more people die from tobacco than illegal drugs; more people die from prescription drugs than illegal drugs. GUESS WHAT!!! If you legalize illegal drugs, more people will still be dying from pills, tobacco, and alcohol, then the newly legalized drugs.

Millions of otherwise law-abiding citizens will be released from their false imprisonment. Corporate prisons will cease to exist. We could pour billions into drug rehab and prevention, on the taxes the "legalized and regulated" drugs would generate. Gangs will lose every penny from their black market sales. Violence on the streets will drop dramatically. Less people will OD because of DIY drug cocktails created in some pusher's kitchen. It would be a win, win, win, win, win, win, win!!!

It isn't rocket science! Facts are facts, and this war is being waged on citizens strictly for corporate gains, funding of black programs, and to perpetuate the growth of the nanny state.

It's a bigger scam than the bank bailouts, and this so-called two-party system!
I wish I could give you 10 reps for this post!

Old 06-14-2013, 06:41 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/14/us...cide.html?_r=0

Inspector in Philadelphia^^^^^^ Collapse Commits Suicide

just a reminder.. always blaming the wrong guy..
I don't think there is enough evidence to label this a marijuana-related incident. There were "traces" of marijuana (as well as painkillers) in the the demolition worker's blood, which for all anyone knows could have been smoked 2 weeks before the accident. There is no indication at all that he had smoked at or before work that day, in fact if he had there would have been more than "traces" in his blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies