Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 08:01 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,521,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Blacks are well known in the food and hospitality industry for being the worst customers possible and never tipping. The odds they actually tipped 21% on a pizza are slim and none.

They are followed in 2nd place by groups of women.
Lies. I tip 20% almost everytime I eat out. I only tip less if the service was not up to par. The driver says on the tape that the guy gave him $5.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:08 PM

6,823 posts, read 14,039,451 times
All I can say is why to this thread. Although it is true that some blacks do refer to other blacks using the N-word they are certainly in the minority. It is certainly not acceptable by the majority of blacks and to believe otherwise is simply insane. Generalizations are pretty rampant when it comes to blacks. The driver got fired and which was the correct action. No further action needed to be taken.

Reggie

Old 05-28-2013, 08:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
The driver needed to go. The other person in the tape who laughs needs to go also. A disgraceful act by both of them.

So the next question is why did management let that type of atmosphere exist? Something like this doesn't happen out of the blue.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:26 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The driver needed to go. The other person in the tape who laughs needs to go also. A disgraceful act by both of them.

So the next question is why did management let that type of atmosphere exist? Something like this doesn't happen out of the blue.

Actually, this happened in Sanford, FL...where Trayvon Martin was killed.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:33 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
He got fired. Good enough. But many blacks need to stop calling one another the N-word too.
Exactly! Justice was done. Lets move on to what really matters.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:38 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Big victory for liberty. Got a Papa Johns' pizza driver fired.

Whoop De Do.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:46 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
this is a myth that whites buy from tv that blacks call each other the n word all the time.

im black, and ive never been called the n word by a black before.

you see that in the ghetto culture that white producers pawn off as the average black male to convince dumb white people that a majority of blacks act that way.

the majority of blacks are going to take offense to anyone calling them the n word, at least in my experiences.

Im not sure where you live but where I live ( Chicago ) I hear it often. At school ( college ), on the subways, on the street . Pretty much anywhere you can find a larger crowd of black people gathered together. especially among teenagers and early 20s something.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:04 PM

596 posts, read 730,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
this is a myth that whites buy from tv that blacks call each other the n word all the time.

im black, and ive never been called the n word by a black before.

you see that in the ghetto culture that white producers pawn off as the average black male to convince dumb white people that a majority of blacks act that way.

the majority of blacks are going to take offense to anyone calling them the n word, at least in my experiences.
Exactly. Being black doesn't mean we all live inside a rap video. The ignorance of some black people calling each other that word is part of a very particular type of culture. Which, contrary to popular belief, is not how most black people actually live. I don't support black people using the word anymore than I support this idiot pizza delivery guy or Quentin Tarantino using it. So don't try to tell me that just because some people do use it, then no black person has the right to be bothered by someone referring to them as a hateful, racist slur. It never ceases to amazes me the kind of ignorance that is constantly defended here on this forum.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:29 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
And these 1 million Black people call each other "ni66er" all the time...?
Please stop your idiocy.
Please stop your denial.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:34 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Oh, so it's OK for some people but not for others?
That's the gist of "context." What these two troglodytes said was unacceptable precisely because of the context in which it was used, to demean and belittle a paying business customer.

Substitute what they said with "a-hole" and I seriously doubt the results would have been any different. Doesn't mean I can't jokingly call my brother or friend an a-hole when we're joking around, or call someone an a-hole who just threw a rock through my window. But if I call a paying customer an a-hole, guess what? I'm fired, regardless of whether it would be more "acceptable" to call someone an a-hole in the two other contexts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies