Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 01:39 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Actually I do. I also know what racism is. The ONLY reason folks are calling for the firing of this guy is because he used the N-word.

Funny, I remember lefties coming out in droves to defend a woman who flipped off the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, calling it Free Speech. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, it's different?

Personally, I would have fired the employees in both of these situations. But I also think it's ridiculous that the public should even weigh in on whether that should happen or not.
Well what in the hell do you expect? Of COURSE they're going to call it in, the guy called them a slur. You can't possibly be this obtuse, can you?

Old 05-29-2013, 01:43 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Well what in the hell do you expect? Of COURSE they're going to call it in, the guy called them a slur. You can't possibly be this obtuse, can you?
They did NOT call him a slur. He was overheard using a slur. Big difference, and a very slippery slope. Under this scenario, if I use a racial slur in public, I could be accused of a hate crime.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:44 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He referred to the customer to a 3rd party as the "N" word, mighty different than calling someone the "N" word.

I'm certain that the couples iPods are full of music where the "N" word is used many, many times.

I don't use the word myself, but hey, let's face it, who hasn't seen a black person refer to another as "my N*****"?
Do you realize that those who refer to themselves as "niggs..." are primarily low income blacks who reside in/or are initially from low income communities? As an African American woman, I do not have the ability to stop them from disrespecting each other. Also, it should be quite obvious that I do not have the power to stop rappers from creating garbage "music." Viacom owns BET, MTV and VH1. I do not watch any of those channels, nor do I have any ghetto rap songs on my iphone and ipad.

Just as you can not stop trailer trash from misbehaving, I can not stop ghetto trash from acting a fool, either.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:45 PM

349 posts, read 261,047 times
[SIZE=5]Drover[/SIZE]
Bull(dozer) in a china shop

31,999 posts, read 41,973,885 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311
And these 1 million Black people call each other "ni66er" all the time...?
Please stop your idiocy.

Quote:
Please stop your denial.
So Drover just so most can stop saying that you are fos, please name us the city of over 1 million Black people where thet call each other "ni66er" all the time, as you stated that they did???

Old 05-29-2013, 01:53 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Hear it more than I like too-Mainly in a few night clubs that I have been begrugingly pulled into by some younger friends of mine. Every song had an N-word, and F-word or calling some woman a *****. The kids, I use that term lightly, thnik nothing of it. I'm surprised that any of those terms still has any shock value considring it has been a staple of some Rap for 20 plus years now.
Ask yourself, who are the primary consumers of rap music? Here's a hint, it's not black folks.

Rappers didn't use the N word or slurs, prior to the "music" becoming mainstream towards the late 90s. Many underground positive artists complain that the record labels won't sign a rapper to a contract, unless he is willing to regurgitate and/or create gangster music for the masses.

Who does Lil' Wayne, Lil' John, Snoop Dog, 50 Cent and all of the other baffoons have contract deals with? Answer: Viacom, Sony or Columbia Records. This should tell you everything that you need to know about rap and who is really behind it.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,492 times
Crucify him....!..........Crucify him.......!

now back to Judge Judy......

Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Ask yourself, who are the primary consumers of rap music? Here's a hint, it's not black folks.

Rappers didn't use the N word or slurs, prior to the "music" becoming mainstream towards the late 90s. Many underground positive artists complain that the record labels won't sign a rapper to a contract, unless he is willing to regurgitate and/or create gangster music for the masses.

Who does Lil' Wayne, Lil' John, Snoop Dog, 50 Cent and all of the other baffoons have contract deals with? Answer: Viacom, Sony or Columbia Records. This should tell you everything that you need to know about rap and who is really behind it.
Cut that out. Facts, logic and reasoning have no place in this discussion.

Did some of these posters even listen to the audio? He just didn't casually drop the 'N' word in a fit of passion, he went on a long rant using the word in various forms dozens and dozens of times.

But of course, that's neither here nor there and the posts about 'try calling someone a racial slur at your job or in the face of minorities since it's 'free speech' causally got ignored. Per the usual.

The worst thing about all of this is I'm not surprised in the least that there are people defending, downplaying or justifying these actions.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:38 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
As long as they call themselves that word, they're fair game.

Cleaning house starts at home.
This makes no sense.

Human language is mostly relational. If another man heard me calling my wife honey, that doesn't give that man the right to call her honey and that man would understand that it wouldn't be appropriate for him to call her honey.

We have all heard people use words with friends and family that we knew would be inappropriate for us to say because we don't have the same relationship.

And yet nobody goes around pretending as if not being able to call another man's wife honey is a problem that the husband needs to address by stop calling his wife honey if he doesn't want anyone else to do it.

When the N word comes up people like to pretend that language isn't relational or that they don't get that it is relational.

This isn't to defend anything or explain anything, but this idea that people have the same access to language in the same ways with one another is an absurdity. And we know it is an absurdity.

I wish whenever this topic came up people would stop pretending not to get this.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:15 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,976,309 times
I don't use the word. I don't like the word. If I heard a white person calling me that I would have responded the same way. We have our freedoms and he should have been fired.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:51 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,476 times
I just ate a Papa Johns Pizza and I gotta say i didnt care much for it

Chicken poppers were pretty gross also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies