Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 05:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I see nothing wrong with it

many, many people HAVE to give not only their fingerprints, but also DNA just to have a job

work for the federal government...they have your DNA, and your fingerprints...and a background check

military same

most states...same

most cities...same

one of the steps in getting BONDED...DNA, fingerprint, and background check

I also have to submit to a urinalysis at least 2x a year
I worked for the IRS, never gave them my DNA, nor my fingerprints. I did have a background check which included giving up my fingerprints, but it was performed by an independent agency and destroyed when the background check came up clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 05:48 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
funny. I remember getting ink on my fingers and using petroleum jelly and a kleenex to get the ink off of my fingers. My fingerprints are still on two cards in Hawaii, sitting in some vault somewhere.

and you still didn't answer my question:

Why is it okay for POLICE to keep fingerprints on file for years, even after you've been cleared, but people go crazy if their DNA is done the same
You can't make another person with fingerprint. You can't change a person with finger prints. You can't create viruses with fingerprints for a person. I can't wait in-till companies require DNA.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:56 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Elections have consequences.

One of the consequences of electing liberals, is that you get more and more judges willing to violate the Constitution's most fundamental purpose: To make goverrnment leave law-abiding people alone.
As long as tyrants like Obama can bribe justices like that scumbag John Roberts (Obamacare) the SCOTUS
is nothing more than a bad joke.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:57 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
You can't make another person with fingerprint.
Neither can you with just DNA.

Quote:
You can't change a person with finger prints.

Quote:
You can't create viruses with fingerprints for a person.
Yet we have viruses that affect us. HAs nothing to do with fingerprints.

Quote:
I can't wait in-till companies require DNA.
don't know where you are going with this.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:09 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Invasion of privacy.

Violates our right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.

This is truly a travesty of a ruling.
Seems pretty par for the course for a conservative court.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
funny. I remember getting ink on my fingers and using petroleum jelly and a kleenex to get the ink off of my fingers. My fingerprints are still on two cards in Hawaii, sitting in some vault somewhere.

and you still didn't answer my question:

Why is it okay for POLICE to keep fingerprints on file for years, even after you've been cleared, but people go crazy if their DNA is done the same
I had digital done both at the DL and for my teacher's certificate (state of Texas).
This year for the DL and 2 years ago for the teaching certificate.

No more messy ink. They spray your hands with some clear liquid that feels like water.

I'm not going crazy over them keeping DNA. As I already pointed out, every newborn in the US has their DNA taken per a government mandate to screen for certain diseases.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:11 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,567 times
Quote:

Yet we have viruses that affect us. HAs nothing to do with fingerprints.

don't know where you are going with this.
You will be able to clone a person with just there human genomic DNA in under 20 years. You will also be able viruses just for a certain population of people and you really don't think companies will start using DNA to pick their employees.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:12 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,798 times
This is appalling. It's one thing to collect DNA from someone convicted of a crime, but to do so for merely being arrested is over-reaching. I could not disagree more with the court's majority decision.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:14 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
As long as tyrants like Obama can bribe justices like that scumbag John Roberts (Obamacare) the SCOTUS
is nothing more than a bad joke.
That's two serious charges, tyranny and bribery. The latter is an impeachable crime that if you, or anyone else, had any proof you would act on it. The fact that you haven't is evidence in itself that it's a baseless accusation.

I also enjoy listening to people like you accuse Mr. Obama of being a tyrant, when he won two fair elections in which the opposition spend more money to defeat him than he spent to win election.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
As long as tyrants like Obama can bribe justices like that scumbag John Roberts (Obamacare) the SCOTUS is nothing more than a bad joke.
According to this illogical line of thinking one has to presuppose that Obama was able to bribe Thomas, and Alito as well... yeah right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies