Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well thank god someone is. Obviously sexual assaults in the military is not a big deal to some. The good old boys club in the military is finally being exposed. Sorry, I think that's rather important.
If the military today is a reflection of society then you're probably right.
I was in the military for 8 years back in the 80's (female) and never had an issue.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
I sent emails to my Reps in DC to stop the madness and get back our 4th amendment rights..all of them.
I told them that there's no such thing as a "modest infringement of my rights" and I'm not happy about that.
Told them I'm not a terrorist nor a foreigner and ended with "And I don't want any government goons come banging at my door to haul me off because of something I posted on the internet. Do you see where this can lead ?"

That will probably get me labeled as a "deranged US citizen". I'm already on the fertilizer list.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:42 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas
I don't need an explanation, though it's still appreciated. They're boiling the frog slowly. They're hoping that we just 'accept' this in the name of security. You have career bureaucrats in the public sector and private sector contractors that want to eat up tax payer spending in the 'national security' sector and they'll justify this sh*t any way they can. So yeah, they'll trot it out there and say "We're just collecting numbers". And if we're dumb enough to roll over and accept this, then they'll go back in secret and start collecting DNA and everything else they can. This is our individual liberty, dies.

I'm not saying that the U.S. is Nazi Germany - far from it at this point. However, I always try to remind people of one simple thing. Nazi Germany did not start out as a totalitarian government; it started out as a democracy. It became a totalitarian regime when people in that democracy foolishly voted away their liberties, one by one. And in the name of security and national honor, they simultaneously voted for an aggressive warmongering regime, which then, in turn, needed 'security' measures to keep the state functioning.
Actually, Nazi Germany did start out as a totalitarian government. According to "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich," by William L. Shirer, the Nazi Party never got more than a third of the votes in any election. The Nazi rise to power brought an end to the Weimar Republic, a parliamentary democracy in Germany. Following the appointment of Adolf Hitler as chancellor on January 30, 1933, the Third Reich quickly became a regime in which Germans enjoyed no guaranteed basic rights. After the Reichstag was burned a month later (believed by the Nazis,) the government suspended constitutional civil rights and created a state of emergency in which official decrees could be enacted without parliamentary confirmation.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Rand Paul is filing a class action lawsuit on behalf of every citizen who joins it at Randpac.com. Everyone I know has signed. It may work, it may not but at least it'll be a big message.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:38 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,725 times
Okay so let me get this straight....people don't want gov to be able to catch dangerous trigger words, phone and email... and then be able to research back...in history...is that it...or is there more ?

Old 06-14-2013, 05:32 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Okay so let me get this straight....people don't want gov to be able to catch dangerous trigger words, phone and email... and then be able to research back...in history...is that it...or is there more ?
Oh it's so much more...

Quote:
Many of these same Internet and telecommunications companies voluntarily provide U.S. intelligence organizations with additional data, such as equipment specifications, that don’t involve private communications of their customers, the four people said.

Makers of hardware and software, banks, Internet security providers, satellite telecommunications companies and many other companies also participate in the government programs. In some cases, the information gathered may be used not just to defend the nation but to help infiltrate computers of its adversaries.

Some U.S. telecommunications companies willingly provide intelligence agencies with access to facilities and data offshore that would require a judge’s order if it were done in the U.S., one of the four people said.

In these cases, no oversight is necessary under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, and companies are providing the information voluntarily.
U.S. Agencies Said to Swap Data With Thousands of Firms - Bloomberg

Old 06-14-2013, 05:39 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
This is what happens in a defective system - where officials are not truly elected but installed by the status quo. A strong and intelligent natural leader is not afraid of the population. These people fear those they rule over. The reason being is that those without ability...people who are inept and inferior...have through a rigged and artificial system acquired dominance and power..They are a paranoid bunch..because they understand that they are NOT there because they were elected ...The popular vote is ignored in the present elective system.

If I had a bunch of neighbors that I wanted to dominate and control - I would have to spy on them constantly in order to harvest as many of their sins as possible - And hand those sins over their heads in order to coerce and control...Obama and his group are into institutional black mail...They are subjected to black mail and in turn the black mail those supposedly below them...The system stinks.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
WASHINGTON DC (WWJ/AP) – Michigan Democratic Representative John Conyers says he fears the nation may be “on the verge of becoming a surveillance state.”

Conyers’ comments follow growing concerns amid revelations about government surveillance of its citizens.

“We have a feeling, at least some of us, that it’s not necessary, nor does it serve a legitimate legal protective service,” Conyers said, adding that he believes the surveillance is too “far-reaching.”

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/06/...illance-state/

Does this make him racist?

Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer
Much more than you could understand!!

Old 06-14-2013, 06:03 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times

Terminator 2 Judgement Day Bar scene - YouTube
Soon the drones will come for your guns and repossess your bike and remember to pay your bills or the Repo drone will take your clothes too which must be the windows 8 version gets what it needs and goes from some unarmed nude to armed clothed and having a set of wheels with sunglasses on at night but rides with no headlight on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies