Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:33 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Occupy was inspirational, .
Did you make this decision before or after the "rape' tent was set up during their protest?

Old 06-19-2013, 10:34 AM

90 posts, read 72,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesiss View Post
My favorite part of the Occupy discrediting via the mainstream media?

Foxnews et al actually convinced poor, aging christian conservatives- ie ignorant people who have children w/ no future, people who would most benefit from an undercutting of corporate fascism- that occupy was some laughable hippie movement. They picked out the craziest folks from the crowds and put a spotlight on them to belittle the cause.

And of course, being dumb and ignorant, it worked.

You see poor/lower middle class folks with no future beyond blue collar work at best mocking the very cause that could change the future of their childrens' lives forever.

It's a sad circle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You don't sound sad. Actually you sound quite happy at the chance to insult Christian conservatives and assert your superior hipness. It is your own noxious attitude, not Fox News, that precludes any possible alliance between Occupy types and blue collar Christians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did you make this decision before or after the "rape' tent was set up during their protest?
now do you see why i mock them?

They are hopeless.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
It has to be organized events well control to avoid the stigma that occupy got shortly after start that be a mass of people attending a 60's type happening. They came; they saw;they trashed and then they left.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:48 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Apparently corporate America and our government didn't get the message.
Aren't you a self employed greedy capitalist now who recently started your own company ?

You should quit work and protest in the streets.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:53 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Aren't you a self employed greedy capitalist now who recently started your own company ?

You should quit work and protest in the streets.
I'm so greedy I keep prices low, pay my employees good wages, and pay my customer's sales tax to keep prices low. I'm hiring 2 additional part time employees this week.

I care about more than just myself obviously.

What point were you making again? Do you have anything to contribute to the thread?

Old 06-19-2013, 10:56 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
now do you see why i mock them?

They are hopeless.
Shaming them out of existence is the best thing. We'll have to learn that some people are just hurdles in this country.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:59 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Tell occupy to hurry..there is at-party meet taking place they would want to support

Old 06-19-2013, 10:59 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
It will not be Occupy. It will not be the TEA party (Palin and Bachmann's tea party) - who ironically augmented the problems within the establishment.

It will happen when 90% of Americans are wounded enough to warrent a revolution of sorts.
Right now there is still too much complacency in the middle class.
You only need more than 50% and they did just that when they elected Obama. Yep, they got over 50% and through Obama the people attacked the middle class. Go figure

Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
My favorite part of the Occupy discrediting via the mainstream media?

Foxnews et al actually convinced poor, aging christian conservatives- ie ignorant people who have children w/ no future, people who would most benefit from an undercutting of corporate fascism- that occupy was some laughable hippie movement. They picked out the craziest folks from the crowds and put a spotlight on them to belittle the cause.

And of course, being dumb and ignorant, it worked.
Why wuold you call the people that you support dumb and stupid, or am I missing something?

Quote:
You see poor/lower middle class folks with no future beyond blue collar work at best mocking the very cause that could change the future of their childrens' lives forever.

It's a sad circle.
Lol...yea ok....

Old 06-19-2013, 11:03 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Remember when they said 'Every time you kick us out we will be back with greater numbers'? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies