Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 03:52 PM

90 posts, read 72,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
Sad to say but most of the Tea Party were seniors,their kids and grandkids were possiblt at the wallstreet protest.This is what happens when kids grow up without dicipline and hard work. Even worse is they are helping to destroy their own future.

I agre wallstreet needs to be stopped but who is left to do so? Not a unclean bunch like those who protested.I went to one of the protest,what a bunch of bums.Even theri dogs were nuts,one of their german shepards jumped on my old hound dog who was leashed.It took the sorry pot head 5min.s to move and retrive his wild animal who probably had more training than him.
Name one intellectually serious, adult, rational claim held by most tea party members that you all argued for.

YOU ruined this country. Your generation.

The kids are doing everything possible to save the country from the 40-60 year olds who ruined it. The worst generation of men and women in the history of Western Civilization, without question...

Old 06-19-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokesalad4u2 View Post
The whole nation is naive,look who you libs put in office.A real money loving radical and his globetrotting tax robbing wife.
You do realize the difference in income tax rate plans between the republicans and democrats is less than 5 percent, right?

Who robbed who? Heh. It's not a republican democrat thing, it's a rich poor thing. Class warfare isn't a conspiracy, it's basic human instinct. The right want more for themselves and less for everybody else. The crap we toss around like it matters between the parties? A joke.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:04 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post

Finally... for folks like you who appear upset with corporations based upon "crony capitalism", tell me something... Is there any corporation that has the power to pass laws, regulations or rent seeking rules in any manner? Isn't it true that no one has this power EXCEPT politicians? So... Is the problem due to corporations seeking these rent seeking legislation and regulations, or is the problem due to politicians seeking a hand-out from corporations, lining their own re-election war chests, or outright pocketing the money? Who has the power?
Why do you think the banking and insurance industries, as well as oil & coal industries, pharmaceuticals, you name it, spend millions of dollars a year in lobbying members of Congress?

Also: "Bank lobbyists are not leaving it to lawmakers to draft legislation that softens financial regulations. Instead, the lobbyists are helping to write it themselves.

One bill that sailed through the House Financial Services Committee this month — over the objections of the Treasury Department — was essentially Citigroup’s, according to e-mails reviewed by The New York Times. The bill would exempt broad swathes of trades from new regulation.

In a sign of Wall Street’s resurgent influence in Washington, Citigroup’s recommendations were reflected in more than 70 lines of the House committee’s 85-line bill. Two crucial paragraphs, prepared by Citigroup in conjunction with other Wall Street banks, were copied nearly word for word. (Lawmakers changed two words to make them plural.)"

Not to mention the revolving-door nature of political and corporate positions. Usually the very people who have been working in government on a particular issue, leave government for a cushy job in the same industry that they were formerly charged with regulating. And vice-versa.

There is a huge business influence on government. In fact, in many ways they run the show. There's the Republican Party and the Democratic Party --- but the real party of power is the Business Party.

Banks' Lobbyists Help in Drafting Financial Bills - NYTimes.com

Old 06-19-2013, 04:14 PM

374 posts, read 509,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesiss View Post
You do realize the difference in income tax rate plans between the republicans and democrats is less than 5 percent, right?

Who robbed who? Heh. It's not a republican democrat thing, it's a rich poor thing. Class warfare isn't a conspiracy, it's basic human instinct. The right want more for themselves and less for everybody else. The crap we toss around like it matters between the parties? A joke.

Who are the richest people in politics? Its the corporate loving democrats,no I won't look it up for you,go google it and learn something.

But actually none of them mean anything to me,not an independant,rino or a dem.All are crooked puppets ,IMO. So I don't have a dog in this race,pun intended.

I do agree the parents turned their kids over to the radicals in the dept of ed long ago,so they are to blame. I'm an old lady but I am one of those who tried to fight this machine. I had people like you and yes the tea party working against me. I left the tea party when Univision was allowed to speak at the Washington Rally. Pro illegal amnesty supporters.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:27 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
"I sincerely believe...that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." ---- Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-19-2013, 04:35 PM

374 posts, read 509,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
"I sincerely believe...that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." ---- Thomas Jefferson

ESPECIALLY if the standing armys are standing with them!!! Also a very major part of their income.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:37 PM

^^The truth IMO.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
what is occupy?
Your current state of being.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Its called sarcasm. Surely you didn't think he was being serious?
He did. Reading the internet, nothing amazes me more than the inability of so many people to recognize obvious sarcasm. Can the mass of humanity really be that dense? Yes, it can.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:20 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Apparently corporate America and our government didn't get the message.

I don't care if I'm alone on the issue. We need Occupy back or some form of mass protests in this country addressing the issues of income inequality, wage stagnation, and corporate greed.

The Economy is STILL the most important issue in this country and we're currently doing nothing to fix it.

I'd like to start back up the discussion.
I hope you are willing to listen to this. He is talking to you. His suggestion is 'get streetwise, and understand the game. Don't get caught up in banks, corporate greed, without understanding that this is all about ultimate control of the human race. It's about us serving them, and their ultimate agenda.

David Icke - Essential Knowledge For A Wall Street Protestor - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies