Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:35 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Companies that like CT like it because of a high concentration of educated workers, similar to MA. Manufacturing companies requiring only limited intellect are rare, and, as others have pointed out, a tiny percentage of our workforce.

While you gun fondlers are calling us morons and idiots -- really, the playground level of behavior here on this thread is starting to remind me of the low-education states like SC and FL -- we personally enjoy our high quality of living, thanks very much. Guns, meh.

I'm sure they're necessary for the folks up the mountains for shooting bears when they attack the family dog, but otherwise, we don't really need them or their itty bitty employers. Trust me, the only people whining about it here are a few inbred types who most likely moved here from somewhere else.
Hey jmqueen....

Blake Shelton - Kiss My Country Ass (Official Video) - YouTube

Quote:
And after all those centuries founding schools while the rest of the country was wet behind the ears, we're now the among most educated states, which is why we really don't care what the playground set on this board call us.

It also explains our liberalism better than 17th century Puritanism.
I've met a lot of educated idiots in my lifetime.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
None of you care less ?

Doesn't that mean that you all care?
He/she should get all that money back that they spent on that fancy degree hanging on the wall collecting dust huh? LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 04:45 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,343,552 times
Quote:
Companies that like CT like it because of a high concentration of educated workers, similar to MA. Manufacturing companies requiring only limited intellect are rare, and, as others have pointed out, a tiny percentage of our workforce.

While you gun fondlers are calling us morons and idiots -- really, the playground level of behavior here on this thread is starting to remind me of the low-education states like SC and FL -- we personally enjoy our high quality of living, thanks very much. Guns, meh.

I'm sure they're necessary for the folks up the mountains for shooting bears when they attack the family dog, but otherwise, we don't really need them or their itty bitty employers. Trust me, the only people whining about it here are a few inbred types who most likely moved here from somewhere else.
Yes....just a drop in the bucket for self proclaimed intellectually superior leftists.

Quote:
AR-15 manufacturer Stag Arms could soon follow suit, along with Colt's Manufacturing and Mossberg & Sons. The moves could cost the Nutmeg State 3,000 jobs as well as the estimated $1.75 billion in annual taxable revenues.

Gunmakers aim for greener pastures as states pass new firearms laws | Fox News

Old 06-20-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I didn't know they employed the entire state, I was referring to the 140 people, that is a sign of a company that has no loyalty unless they offered to take those 140 people with them, and pay for their relocation.
Why do the Obamots constantly insist on commenting from a position of ignorance?

Quote:
Josh Fiorini, PTR’s CEO, told The Sun News that the company will have 140 employees, many of whom will relocate in the move, which he said will happen over three years.

He said the average wage of the company is about $22 an hour, but that includes management personnel, all of whom are expected to move South. Some of the shop workers are highly-skilled and well-paid, although Fiorini said that those hired locally would likely be paid less as they learn the skills to make the firearms.

Read more here: CONWAY: Conn. firearms manufacturer coming to Horry | Local News | MyrtleBeachOnline.com

Old 06-20-2013, 05:07 PM

57,230 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
None of you care less ?

Doesn't that mean that you all care?
Well PTR sure didn't care, nothing in the legislation impacted their bottom line, where is their concern for employees?

Old 06-20-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Why do the Obamots constantly insist on commenting from a position of ignorance?
How many employees making $22 an hour are going to be paid relocation costs, how many are going to pick up and move to SC. I can guarantee that the CEO is hoping only a few take him up on his offer, I am sure the higher paid skilled workers will go but he can always replace those on the low end with an even lower wage worker in a right-to-work state.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How many employees making $22 an hour are going to be paid relocation costs, how many are going to pick up and move to SC. I can guarantee that the CEO is hoping only a few take him up on his offer, I am sure the higher paid skilled workers will go but he can always replace those on the low end with an even lower wage worker in a right-to-work state.
You can guarantee that, eh? IBTL.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Well PTR sure didn't care, nothing in the legislation impacted their bottom line, where is their concern for employees?

Nothing in the legislation impacted their bottom line?

Quote:
The newly banned weapons could no longer be bought or sold in Connecticut, and those legally owned already would have to be registered with the state, just like the high-capacity magazines.
Connecticut Gun Laws: State Reaches Deal On Post-Newtown-Shooting Proposal

Old 06-20-2013, 05:28 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,311 times
Quote:

It's called being a hypocrite. It doesn't matter if it affected their bottom line or not. The employees who work there can't even legally own the products they make since they live in *******ia. It's about law-makers hypocrisy by basically saying they make an evil product not fit for civilian use, but then making manufacturing exemptions so they can sell those same products in other states.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Nothing in the legislation impacted their bottom line?

Connecticut Gun Laws: State Reaches Deal On Post-Newtown-Shooting Proposal
Some weapons were banned, so moving their company to SC and displacing employees accomplished exactly what, they still cannot sell certain firearms in CT. Seems more of a publicity stunt to draw attention while reducing operational cost and salary.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
You can guarantee that, eh? IBTL.
Always some remote possibility, we will see can't wait to hear from the $15 hr employee that doesn't get paid for relocation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies