Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 03:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilanarchist View Post
LOL really? Wow....you aren't a bright star are ya...I wonder how many MILLIONS who make money at a job or otherwise need EBT to get by...both me and my wife make money yet we need it...I bet my neighbors need it as well...they all work at McDonalds while they attend college...
I'm not talking about the working poor, I'm talking about YOU, who refuses to get a job and instead abuses the system. My dad managed to work a full time job while doing side jobs (and at one time worked a full time AND part time job)so there is no excuse for you doing the same. If you had said you were working at McDonalds then more would be sympathetic. I'm ignoring your attacks because I'm not the one abusing the welfare system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 03:10 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,566 times
Quote:
Son I don't need to explain to you what I do. I bring in CASH MONEY DOUGH...whatever you want to call it its brought in BY ME...I don't need traditional job to bring in money...I could be on the side of the road selling fish or fire wood or working a booth at a flea market for all you know. I do as I want because I earned that money just like my wife earns hers. Its not quite enough for food and bills so we get EBT I don't care if you don't like it. Personally you can kiss my @ss.

Oh, wait! That means you ILLEGALLY work under the table and are NOT paying taxes OR you are on disability and are NOT paying taxes (can you say ENTITLEMENT again?).

You aren't a man. You are nothing but a wannabe man. I'm surprised you even have a wife (assuming you're even actually married).

Get a job, and quit demanding handouts from those who work.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Don't need to get a "real job" I make money all that matters...how I do it doesn't matter...

No it is NOT all that matters if you still need to hold your WELFARE STEALING hand out, BEGGING for what other people EARN.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortoggie View Post
Thought the food stamp program was self sustaining. First the poor only get food, not money, from a country that runs a food surplus. Then the grocer, the truckers, the packagers and the farmers all get to make a profit from this surplus food. Now if they are honest and all pay taxes at the proper level then the government gets the money back that it invested into the program. So the hungry get fed, the workers get compensated and the gov. doesn't go further into debt. Anything wrong with that?

YES there IS something wrong with that. The government's ONLY job is to protect individual liberty. That's it... nothing else. What you describe is theft. It is taking from one, in order to give to another. Theft.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:29 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
I do as I want because I earned that money just like my wife earns hers. Its not quite enough for food and bills so we get EBT I don't care if you don't like it. Personally you can kiss my @ss.
Why should others not be able to "do as [they] want" with their earned money so that they can supplement your desire to not work enough to sustain yourself? If whatever you do is your choice for income and so satisfying, then you should live on what it brings.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Why should others not be able to "do as [they] want" with their earned money so that they can supplement your desire to not work enough to sustain yourself? If whatever you do is your choice for income and so satisfying, then you should live on what it brings.

It is amazing these people do not understand what is wrong with their position. I know I would be SERIOUSLY embarrassed if I acted like someone owed me something, while I refused to do whatever it took, and then some, to not need a handout.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:43 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Son I don't need to explain to you what I do. I bring in CASH MONEY DOUGH...whatever you want to call it its brought in BY ME...I don't need traditional job to bring in money...I could be on the side of the road selling fish or fire wood or working a booth at a flea market for all you know. I do as I want because I earned that money just like my wife earns hers. Its not quite enough for food and bills so we get EBT I don't care if you don't like it.

So, you are one of the 47% the Romney was talking about....I guess he was right...

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-20-2013 at 03:57 PM..

Old 06-20-2013, 03:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
It is amazing these people do not understand what is wrong with their position. I know I would be SERIOUSLY embarrassed if I acted like someone owed me something, while I refused to do whatever it took, and then some, to not need a handout.
I wish I could give multiple rep because you would be getting so many rep points. Yep, the people I knew who needed the help were embarassed to be getting it and made sure they were legit. The people I knew who abused the system had no shame whatsoever about abusing the system. In fact they were the ones talking about taxing people more so they could have more. They were the ones who were abled bodied and could have worked but chose not to.

I can't help but say that if he wants candy or chips then he should be able to buy it with his under the table money. Makes me wonder what he is using the under the table money for. A friend of mine also had an under the table job on welfare and used that money to buy drugs. I reported her to welfare and she was kicked off.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:57 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,030,232 times
White House threatens to veto farm bill over food stamp cuts | Reuters

Old 06-20-2013, 05:01 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
From what I heard many in the Military recieve food stamps too. So deny food to our active military families as well? I really don't have a problem with the food stamp program because you practically have to jump through hoops to be approved for them.
I also have a problem with many poor children being cut off as well. So much for "Compassionate Conservatism" huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies