Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 09:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times

Advertisements

Heck, eliminate everything else from the farm bill and make it 100% food stamps..$950 billion.
Pelosi doesn't want to see babies starved to death in the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 10:01 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
There is plenty of fat, waste fraud and abuse to cover the meager cost of drug testing.

It is very possible that by cutting the money off to those caught on drugs the money saved would pay for the testing.

Heck, cancel just 1 of Obama 's expensive vacations.
Just eliminate budget line 14050... fat
line 14060... waste
line 14070... abuse
line 14080... fraud

so simple.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:03 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Just eliminate budget line 14050... fat
line 14060... waste
line 14070... abuse
line 14080... fraud

so simple.
Line item veto. The only problem is politics. Politicians putting party before country.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
From your link:
That’s not the only giant waste of money. In Tulsa, Oklahoma, the USDA will now provide “free meals to all children 18 years of age or younger this summer through the Summer Café program of the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) regardless of need.”

They've been doing this in Tennessee for years. I worked for a small city government back there and was part of a department where I saw this occuring summer after summer, year after year. Free meals would walk in daily, the kids would eat some or none of it, and then my employees would have to clean up the mess left over. The waste was stunning - hundreds of cartons of milk, hundreds of pieces of fruit, hundreds of sandwiches, thrown away every day from Memorial Day until Labor Day.
That same waste happens every day at school..breakfast, lunch and snack.
The amount of uneaten food that is tossed is truly unbelievable.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:23 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Heck, eliminate everything else from the farm bill and make it 100% food stamps..$950 billion.
Pelosi doesn't want to see babies starved to death in the streets.
Does anyone?

Old 06-21-2013, 12:08 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Those programs are working. All of that wasted food created a profit for the industry that produced it. It was designed to guarantee a market for foodstuffs to prevent price collapse in the event of overproduction into a saturated market. The FS program is designed and very effective at distorting the food markets to prevent losses to the producers and processers.

The Food Stamp program was never intended to only have to feed people. That some people are actually fed is a byproduct of the program not its reason for existing.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:13 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Compared to obama who got ZERO votes for his budget? I guess that means he is not that good at his job.....BTW that is both REPUBS AND DEMS....LOL....................so sad, oh dear oh dear.....
You're not a very bright individual if you fell for that story, and so I have a feeling that explaining would be waste of electrons.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:15 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You're not a very bright individual if you fell for that story, and so I have a feeling that explaining would be waste of electrons.

Bright? You must not be....but you keep keep up the sheeples work!

Quote:
In a 99-0 vote, all of the senators present rejected the president’s blueprint.

Read more: Senate rejects Obama budget in 99-0 vote - The Hill's Floor Action
Follow
us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Old 06-21-2013, 12:42 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Bright? You must not be....but you keep keep up the sheeples work!
Like I said, you've been bamboozled. So, completely realizing that I expect to waste my keystrokes, here's what happened: Obama's budget wasn't put to a vote.

Republican Senator Jeff Sessions (Alabama) had his staff cook up a parody version of the President's budget, then put that forward for a vote. The Democrats voted no because it wasn't a serious budget at all, the Republicans voted no because they love that sort of stunt, and naive people actually believe that "the President's budget was defeated".

You've been had.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:46 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Like I said, you've been bamboozled. So, completely realizing that I expect to waste my keystrokes, here's what happened: Obama's budget wasn't put to a vote.

Republican Senator Jeff Sessions (Alabama) had his staff cook up a parody version of the President's budget, then put that forward for a vote. The Democrats voted no because it wasn't a serious budget at all, the Republicans voted no because they love that sort of stunt, and naive people actually believe that "the President's budget was defeated".

You've been had.
lol....you come up with that story and you think I'm the one bamboozled........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies