Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 06:33 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
You can use your BRAIN and look at his nose.....that big lump and funny angle are not normal!
During opening statement, the State said that Zimmerman's nose was NOT broken, that he didn't even have so much as a deviated septum. So, seems you need to WAIT until the State rests so you can see what evidence they put on about Zimmerman's nose before you make such a strong statement about a physical injury unless you have medically, personally examined and x-rayed Zimmerman's nose. You know, use your BRAIN before you speak.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:34 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Wanta bet?
With you?

I already posted about my experience. I was given a choice. You're just gonna have to deal with it. But you won't. Continue your merry way. Makes no difference to me.

You seriously can't fix it! lol

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-26-2013 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 06-26-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
What's that saying....Don't carry a gun unless you intend to use it? I think he fully intended to use it.
No. Not even close.

Don't POINT/PULL a gun unless you intend to fire/use it.

Much, much, much difference between carrying and pointing.

Funny how confused people get over something so simple.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:39 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
During opening statement, the State said that Zimmerman's nose was NOT broken, that he didn't even have so much as a deviated septum. So, seems you need to WAIT until the State rests so you can see what evidence they put on about Zimmerman's nose before you make such a strong statement about a physical injury unless you have medically, personally examined and x-rayed Zimmerman's nose. You know, use your BRAIN before you speak.

Are you dense? The defense doesn't have to prove his nose was broken.

What the state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt is that Zimmerman didn't act in SELF DEFENSE.

So far they have been able to prove that Trayvon Martin was killed and that Zimmerman was a nice guy according to the prosecutions own witnesses.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
OMG! That's the funniest thing I've read on this forum. EVAR!!!!!

Old 06-26-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Are you dense? The defense doesn't have to prove his nose was broken.

What the state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt is that Zimmerman didn't act in SELF DEFENSE.

So far they have been able to prove that Trayvon Martin was killed and that Zimmerman was a nice guy according to the prosecutions own witnesses.

How DENSE are you that you don't understand that in opening statements the State outlines to the jury what they will prove and what evidence they will present??? I'm talking about the State telling the jury in opening statment that they will prove that Zimmerman does not have a broken nose, most likely via medical records. That goes directly to whether or not Zimmerman was "beaten" or simply punched once in the nose, a punch which did not break his nose.

With your extreme bias, of course you would interpret the State's evidence as you do. You don't know what biases the jury members may have, if any. Btw, I never said the defense had to prove that Zimmerman's nose was broken. I said the State will prove that he did not have a broken nose, as so many of you like to claim.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:53 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Quote:
How DENSE are you that you don't understand that in opening statements the State outlines to the jury what they will prove and what evidence they will present??? I'm talking about the State telling the jury in opening statment that they will prove that Zimmerman does not have a broken nose, most likely via medical records. That goes directly to whether or not Zimmerman was "beaten" or simply punched once in the nose, a punch which did not break his nose.

With your extreme bias, of course you would interpret the State's evidence as you do. You don't know what biases the jury members may have, if any. Btw, I never said the defense had to prove that Zimmerman's nose was broken. I said the State will prove that he did not have a broken nose, as so many of you like to claim.
Again tell me how the level of the beating or punching or whatever helps the state in PROVING that Zimmerman didn't act in Self Defense and feared for his life.

If someone was on top of you, mounted position, and hitting you.... would you wait until you are nearly dead to defend yourself?

Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Killing is a last resort. Defend yourself as best you can or leave. Zimmerman did neither. He killed.

They surely don't go to to doctor. But the "beating" is Zimmerman's excuse (and ONLY excuse) for killing. And the "beating" was so insignificant that he didn't even bother seeing a doctor.
He couldn't leave, he was being sat on by someone taller than himself, ie longer arms, swinging at him.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Again tell me how the level of the beating or punching or whatever helps the state in PROVING that Zimmerman didn't act in Self Defense and feared for his life.

If someone was on top of you, mounted position, and hitting you.... would you wait until you are nearly dead to defend yourself?
You really should listen to or watch the State's opening statement and you would then get the answers to your questions. The State clearly outlined what they intended to prove, which was that Zimmerman was lying about what happened that night. There is a question about whether or not Trayvon was "beating" Zimmerman when he was on top of him. Nobody has testified at the point that they saw Trayvon beating Zimmerman while atop of him. There has been testimony that two people were struggling with each other while STANDING UPRIGHT.....so until there are any witnesses presented who say Martin was on top punching Zimmerman, that means it has not been proven. Even witness number 6 has changed his testimony to say he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman BUT HE WAS NOT PUNCHING ZIMMERMAN.

The jury will have to believe that Zimmerman is telling the truth in order to believe he was in fear for his life. THAT'S Zimmerman's problem. There's lots of evidence that Zimmerman has not been completely honest and straightforward about what happened that night. He has a HUGE credibility problem. And there is no proof that he feared for his life other than HIS WORD.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:00 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
From the medical report --- nasal bones, closed fracture; likely broken, swelling and black eyes typical of this injury, no apparent septal deviation.

His nose was injured. How important is it whether his nose was broken, fractured, damaged. The injury doesn't fit his description of 25 punches to the face. It doesn't confirm how the injury happened. So, broken vs. fractured vs. damaged vs. bloody and swollen is a worthless dispute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies