Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 07:56 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
because the prosecution can SPIN IT to sound different from what it is

put your self in Z's spot...you are a neighborhood watch person...the PEOPLE OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD call you. and you call it in to 911...and of the 11 times you call in (? number) (let's say 8) 8 are of black people ....they could EASILY SPIN-IT as you are racist...even though the FACT is those 8/11 calls (FROM THE NEIGHBORS) were of suspisour people that HAPPENED to be black

the prosicution could EAILY TURN THIS INTO A RACE THING...even though it may not be
The Court has ruled that they can use the word profile but not racial profiling. The prosecution is putting on evidence that goes to show that indeed Zimmerman profiled Trayvon. Not that he shot Martin because he was black, but he PROFILED Martin from a distance as a potential burglar..

Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Absolutely, she isn't dealing with fact, just tainted opinion. She's toast.
I wish OMara were the one grilling her. He's the best of the defense bunch, imo.

She said she heard 3 "pops".

Old 06-26-2013, 07:58 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The JURY will decide what importance to give the calls versus the testimony of the NW person. She was not qualified as an expert in court, IIRC. If I'm incorrect about that, I'm sure you'll let me know with something to support your word.
The SPD NW coordinator doesn't have to qualify as an 'expert' to tell the jury what she covers in her presentations. She was a good Defense witness. She completely validated gz's call to dispatch as consistent with her training.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
Martin was kicked out from his mommas house a few days before he died, he was an animal out of control.
Jaysus!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:01 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Give me a break! She had just seen a murder.
She didn't witness anything.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The defense is gonna descimate this freaky lady. She just said the calls for help came from someone who ultimately died.

OK, then.

I see "hostile witness" being declared.
Jesus! You don't even know what declaring someone a hostile witness is or why it's done or who does it!!!

For this woman to be declared a "hostile" witness it would have to be the STATE TO DO IT. She is not hostile to the State at all. The DEFENSE CANNOT DECLARE A STATE WITNESS AS A HOSTILE WITNESS BECAUSE THE DEFENSE DID NOT CALL HER. It is normal for State witnesses to testify to things the Defense doesn't like!!! Someone is declared a "hostile witness" if the attorney/side who called that witness gets answers from their witnesses which are different from what they said prior to getting on the stand and something that is "hostile" to the case of the side who called the witness.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:04 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yes, all of the above is irrelevant in this trial. There has already been a hearing regarding whether or not anything about Martin's character (past) can come into evidence, and the Court ruled it could not be used in opening statements. The only way it could come in is if some prosecution witnesses testifies to something about Martin's character, then that opens the door. I don't think that kind of mistake will be made. George Zimmerman is the person on trial; not Trayvon Martin.
What could Trayvon's parents testify about that would not trigger such an opening to allow the negative aspects of Trayvon's character to also be allowed?

Old 06-26-2013, 08:05 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Why is it a revelation to some, proof to others, that a neighborhood watch person should report suspicious activities to police?

These calls also highlight how hard a job 911 really is.
They're trying to insinuate that Z is a racist. What they've doing since day one, media included.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
She didn't witness anything.
HEARING something is also "witnessing".... She indeed witnessed a part of what happened.....in her 911 call they are playing, she said that someone was screaming "help me, help me, and he shot him."

Old 06-26-2013, 08:07 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
What could Trayvon's parents testify about that would not trigger such an opening to allow the negative aspects of Trayvon's character to also be allowed?
That's what I dont understand. They weren't there, so calling them to witness seems to mean they'll try to talk how great a kid he was. So why can't the defense show otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies