Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 08:40 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Excellent post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Have you ever heard any recordings of Zimmerman's voice when he's very angry?
I can't say I have. I know he's mostly soft-spoken, not a deep voice.

"I don't recall" would be the appropriate answer today

I think she's intentionally getting West perturbed. If so, it's working lol

He wants so badly for her to speculate. I've never heard the Anderson Cooper tape either.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:41 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You're in FL and know how these southern showers can be. It can be pouring rain one minute, drizzling two minutes later and completely clear two minutes after that.

Intensity of rain can vary greatly in just minutes.
I know but apparently Dale doesn't. The officer stated that it was drizzling when they were there so it was a fact at that time, not made up.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:45 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
myths about trayvon:

◦Trayvon was a normal, well-adjusted teenager.

Seventeen-year-olds don’t normally have gold teeth, multiple tattoos, multiple school suspensions, friends publicly asking them for “plant” on their Facebooks, issues with graffiti, school problems with “burglary tools,” and so on.

What we do see is an escalating pattern of illegal behavior.

Multiple tattoos may be regarded by some as nothing beyond popular fashion, but without parental consent minors cannot get them.

Trayvon seems to have had several when he was only sixteen. Did he lie about his age or did his parents go with him when he got them?

In a few short months during his junior year in high school, Trayvon was suspended on three separate occasions, including one time when he was caught with a “burglary tool” and a bunch of jewelry that didn’t belong to him.

===============

Trayvon’s character matters deeply in this case.

Since this shooting has become an extremely polarizing national news item, everyone involved requires scrutiny. That especially holds true for Trayvon, since his actions on the night of the shooting are truly at the heart of all of this.

We have to ask ourselves, “Was Trayvon the sort of person who would viciously attack and beat Zimmerman, as Zimmerman claims?” To answer that question, we have to know as much as we can about Trayvon and how he conducted himself.

The media has spent an inordinate amount of time looking into Zimmerman’s background. For a long while the same scrutiny was not applied to Martin. That has changed now somewhat. As more facts are coming out about who Martin was, the image many people had of him turned out to be very inaccurate.

Trayvon no longer seems to be the innocent victim the media initially portrayed him as.

In fact, Martin wasn’t the victim if he unilaterally assaulted and viciously beat Zimmerman, as every piece of evidence currently seems to suggest.

========================

◦George Zimmerman is racist.

There is no evidence to suggest that George Zimmerman is racist and quite a lot of evidence against it.

Zimmerman and his wife were in the big brother / big sister program and mentored two black children. That doesn’t sound like the actions of a racist to me.

His friends and family have been extremely outspoken about Zimmerman not being racist from the start. Apparently, Zimmerman grew up in a multi-cultural family and has always been anything but discriminatory.

=========================

zimmerman was 5'8 and 170 lbs.....tm was about 6' (death certificate state 5'11)and 160 lbs

Old 06-26-2013, 08:46 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
I can't say I have. I know he's mostly soft-spoken, not a deep voice.

"I don't recall" would be the appropriate answer today

I think she's intentionally getting West perturbed. If so, it's working lol

He wants so badly for her to speculate. I've never heard the Anderson Cooper tape either.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:46 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Pretty much all she did was speculate. And assume. She was a sympathetic witness because of all the self-perceived drama. It's impossible to tell what the jury might think of her. Having been a juror multiple times, when she said the person with the higher voice was dead, I would discount anything else she might say. Of course at this point, the jury might not know the FBI was unable to identify the voices. The defense needs to bring that in before the jury subliminally fixates on that statement.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:47 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Based on the fact that the defense dropped the "Stand-by-your-ground" defense, it is evident that GZ pursued TM. The defense knows that this will be clearly proved by the evidence.
Wow. Stand your Ground is when an attack is imminent and unavoidable. Self defense is when an attack has already begun and there is no way to escape it. You really now how to "Stand-by-your-man" or should I say 17 yr old kid.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:47 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and there is ZERO WRONG with profiling

a witness says a robbery happened and the guy was about 6' and black....do you really think the police are going to look for a 5' white irish guy???
Obviously the Court disagrees with you in re "racial profiling"....take it up with her. She certainly knows the law better than you and I. Her rulings are based on the law.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:49 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
IF they call the parents, it will be simply to identify the voice screaming "help, help" as Trayvon's. THAT'S ALL. They will not be asked questions about Trayvon's past, etc. You can call a witness and ask only ONE question of that witness if that's all you need.
Well if his father once already said it wasn't his son, it wont look good changing it now.

With what we know, there's no concrete evidence to show Zimmerman wasn't in fear of his life or proves the States case. No one was there that can say with out a doubt what happened. Except Z. Do unless there's a secret witness that has something we haven't heard yet, I dont see how anyone can find him guilty. The evidence is not there. Why should you convict someone off of emotion or evidence that's not close to concrete? I hope these jurors go off the evidence or lack of it and nothing more.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:52 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
IIRC, the autopsy said 5'10".
Actually 71 inches, which is 5'11"

Skinnier people look taller. I've heard many times his mother saying how tall he was, strange that. But believable, since I know many family members that can only seem to guess at the height of others in the same family.

It's only bandied about because many want TM to be this big strong guy.

Amazing some of the posts by aggressive women. This poor woman got trashed because she didn't go with the script. Now I have to wonder what GZ kept yelling at TM for that might have made him hit him. He had to have followed TM down from the Tee, maybe he grabbed him or something?

If TM did say something like "You do now", after the initial "Do you have a problem", it's highly unlikely they end up further down the walkway unless GZ chased after him. GZ's truck was the other way.

The only other scenario is that TM hit him at the Tee, then GZ got up and chased him.

None of these scenarios match up to any of the statements.

It also sounds like these Loud Voices and arguing are not in the statements as well. The statements from GZ about how this started amount to a What are you doing here?....You do now, and a punch and violent confrontation. None of that matches any of what witnesses heard, and the movement from the Tee down the walk to the grassy incident site match up either.

This is the scenario that the State has been building up to since the first day of the trial.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:53 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
heh, heh, listen to George's deep, resonating voice:

George Zimmerman's Exclusive Full Interview With Sean Hannity 7/18/2012 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies