Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 01:23 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

People don't go to the hospital whether they like it or not. To say they do exhibits a complete lack of reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert
But Zimmerman didn't go to the hospital. If he'd been seriously injured he wouldn't have been given a choice. He would have been taken like it or not.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:26 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
People don't go to the hospital whether they like it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert
But Zimmerman didn't go to the hospital. If he'd been seriously injured he wouldn't have been given a choice. He would have been taken like it or not.
Wanta bet?

Old 06-26-2013, 03:43 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I used to carry a 1911 but never really got used to the size and bulk. I carried a Sig 238 for a few years and while I know a .380 isn't a 45, 7 rounds of it will hurt no matter what. I switched to the Sig 239 when it was recently released and I've carried it ever since stuffed with Hornady 9mm critical defense hollow point, same in my spare mag.

I'm a vet as well and I agree that everyone should have the right to walk down any public street they want, I'm just not sold on the story of Trayvon Martin being chased down or stalked.
Sigs are fine weapons. Well made and very reliable.
You are right. 7 hits with a .380 will do a world of hurt especially if the man shooting can place them.
Thank you for your service.
TM and GZ the story of 2 wannabe's. They are like a greek tragedy. Its a damn shame it got pushed so far. This story should wake people up. I never for a minute think that GZ meant for this to turn into a shooting. I Don't think TM started his day out thinking he was going to thump anyone that night. It is a story of bad decisions leading to worse decisions and ultimately a shooting.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:07 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Sigs are fine weapons. Well made and very reliable.
You are right. 7 hits with a .380 will do a world of hurt especially if the man shooting can place them.
Thank you for your service.
TM and GZ the story of 2 wannabe's. They are like a greek tragedy. Its a damn shame it got pushed so far. This story should wake people up. I never for a minute think that GZ meant for this to turn into a shooting. I Don't think TM started his day out thinking he was going to thump anyone that night. It is a story of bad decisions leading to worse decisions and ultimately a shooting.
What's that saying....Don't carry a gun unless you intend to use it? I think he fully intended to use it.

However, you appear to be ascribing "thug" behavior to both the victim and the instigator of this crime....You're not the only one....many folks ascribe to this thinking from the many obvious posts.

There are so many lies already told by George.....The area where Trayvon lay dead was not really where George said the so called confrontation happened. The explanations do not match the results.

Victim blaming to the extreme. George is a full grown adult male. Trayvon was a teen, just days away from his recent 17th birthday. That alone is enough for George to be in the wrong if he had just pursued and tackled this teen....

Quote George...One of those A--Holes..."Who always gets away" But, he shot him, dead. That was a pretty lucky shot....if there really was all that struggling going on wouldn't you say??....Seriously!

George was the one in pursuit. George was a far distance from his truck....a fair distance from his own home...He was the one out of place....Not Trayvon, only a marginal distance from his current residence.....Logic needs to enter into all the people aligning the victim w/ the perpetrator....

Two flashlights, a loaded gun, following in a vehicle, and escalating to following on foot, in an area common for foot traffic....For someone he had already described as a "teen" along w/ his other derogatory remarks. These are actions of pursuit.

Not announcing himself as a neighborhood watch person....Not simply saying that makes all his other actions seem even more inappropriate IMO Something is very wrong w/ an adult male precipitating this tragedy by his actions.

That is why the charges. I am hoping for a fair trial....

Last edited by JanND; 06-26-2013 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: edit text

Old 06-26-2013, 04:37 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Lol. State "mystery" witness is a real winner....

Teenage Star Witness Against George Zimmerman Has Tweeted About Case, Getting High, And Her "Court Nails" | The Smoking Gun

If the Defense doesn't tear her apart on cross, they are screwing over their client. If this is a star witness for the State, they have a very weak case. And didn't her initial account support Zimmerman?

Old 06-26-2013, 04:46 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Do you have EYES, look at the pics of Zimmerman's nose........it is very obvious that it is badly broken. Blood, cuts, bumps and lumps on the back of his head.....how did that happen??????
Will you at least admit that gz's face did not look like someone who'd been punched 25-30 times ?

Punched in the nose, sure. As many times as he said, no.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:48 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Lol. State "mystery" witness is a real winner....

Teenage Star Witness Against George Zimmerman Has Tweeted About Case, Getting High, And Her "Court Nails" | The Smoking Gun

If the Defense doesn't tear her apart on cross, they are screwing over their client. If this is a star witness for the State, they have a very weak case. And didn't her initial account support Zimmerman?

that "female" is pretty much a piece of crap. They might as well call Al Sharpton up next...

the prosecution should be reprimanded for even calling that liar to the stand.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:50 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
that "female" is pretty much a piece of crap. They might as well call Al Sharpton up next...

the prosecution should be reprimanded for even calling that liar to the stand.
Yep. They're not doing Martins family any favors by using her as a witness.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Yep. They're not doing Martins family any favors by using her as a witness.
After listening to the audio of her interview with state prosecutors a few months ago, I predicted 1. the state would Not call her as a witness because 2. her testimony would hurt the state and help the defense.

I was wrong with #1, but am sticking with #2.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If she does let me know I'll read it.
She is correct about GZ pursuing the young man based on nothing more than GZ didn't like his looks.
If you haven't listened to the testimony of Wendy Dorival, the SPD's NW coordinator, you should.

She discussed types of activities she tells people to call dispatch about. All sorts of Legal activity, but might appear .... what's the word I'm looking for ?... suspicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies