Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 10:42 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,731,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I see...You are saying that George getting right up to Trayvon, even after Trayvon was walking home....after running from the area...thinking he'd lost the stalker....asking George Why you following me...as confrontation? K....
And I see stalking someone, up to the point where you are following right behind them as confrontation. Got it. Different views.
Different opinions are what makes this thread interesting. I am watching the trial, word for word...

I'm not saying anything. I'm not testifying. The prosecution's star witness just agreed that Trayvon confronted George Zimmerman.

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
"Precious" was not even there. She was on the phone is border-line mentally challenged. Zimmerman was returning to his truck after walking to the cross street to get the name to relay to the police on where to find him. Trayvon walked up behind him and started the confrontation.
According to George...........

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I never heard of that but don't know that much about trials. I would think that they had one person taking down the info.
I think it is a smart thing to do for both sides when there is an audio recorded interview. You wouldn't want to use the other side's version at the risk of being blind sided. I don't know why they don't just play the tape in it's entirety for the jury to hear.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:43 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
That's a very unkind statement. What she looks like has absolutely nothing to do with the case. This is not America's Next Top Model, it's a murder trial.
It's an unkind statement to the woman being compared to this witness, that's about it.

This person is doing more for George Zimmerman than any of his attorneys have done so far. I wouldn't be surprised if the prosecution is going to try getting her removed soon because she's mentally disabled.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:43 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Seriously...and sorry I have to go here but it isn't like George Zimmerman is eye candy. They don't like what she has to say of how this is going so far so they're attacking her looks and the way that she speaks.
Much like Trayvonistas have attacked George's weight, his 'beady' eyes, and pretty much everything else, including how his wife looks.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:45 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I think it is a smart thing to do for both sides when there is an audio recorded interview. You wouldn't want to use the other side's version at the risk of being blind sided. I don't know why they don't just play the tape in it's entirety for the jury to hear.
I would think that they would use a court reporter and they are just doing a job, they don't care one way or the other.

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Pappa's thoughts "that boy I've been telling anyone who would listen as being a bright, sweet, harmless young man, was hanging around with that boat anchor?"
Exactly. The prosecution has done everything they can to keep Trayvon's character out of this trial and then they just put the biggest hint at his character based on association on the witness stand for 2 days now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
They've got different transcripts?

Oh, dear!
I see you caught that too....the defense has an edited version of a transcript of this witnesses depo? I never heard of editing a transcript....I thought the whole reason we have transcripts was to write down exactly, word for word what the witness said?

Old 06-27-2013, 10:48 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I see you caught that too....the defense has an edited version of a transcript of this witnesses depo? I never heard of editing a transcript....I thought the whole reason we have transcripts was to write down exactly, word for word what the witness said?
Maybe because they always seem to have to look for things that they thought the real one didn't matter.

Good for her for stating that she didn't say that. Made the defense look bad.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
No, one person would have been biased.
Transcripts are typed by professionals....word for word...That is why they are critical. Someone is gonna be in big trouble imo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies