Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 08:43 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
In other woeds conservatives support killers but liberals don't - I guess I'm a proud liberal!
Yeah, you know, why are we even having a trial on this. Hell, screw it. No one else witnessed it all that night but damn it, the victim is black and the shooter is WHITE hispanic, so its obvious its the WHITE hispanics fault and he couldnt have been defending himself.

Liberalism folks

Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So what you're saying is some live in the future while others live in the past. At what point does the past just become the past?
Public lynching returning? You mean for black people?
Please tell me you're attempting to be funny.

That's like saying you're afraid burning witches at the stake may return.
You laugh but I've seen with my own two eyes shirts that have pictures of Emmet Till hanging from a tree on 1 side and then pictures of Martin with a target on him and they weren't being warn by black people trying to express symbolic messages. They were being worn by a group of about 5 people happily walking around Seminole Town Center. They never went in the store just walked up and down the food court, smiling at folks. IMO they were either hoping to start a fight or get some type of media attention.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I doubt any major network would attempt to make a movie from his point of view because they'd have to show Martin attacking him and bashing his head onto the sidewalk. If anything it would be done like the Drew Peterson or Casey Anthony story; with the script being drafted from what was known in the media and then just suggested what might have happened.

He might be able to pull off a book, which might have some success in the beginning but lets be real here George Zimmerman is the entertainment for today and as soon as the next big thing happens, people will stop talking about him. Either way I don't see this turning into a live-off-for-life type of event unless maybe he's able to get on some type of reality show.

Her attitude was not justified. Doesn't matter if he was being a jerk; respect the court system. If she'd handled herself a little bit better maybe the jury would have been saying "man this guy is a jerk" instead of "man she had an attitude"
I disagree. The court system deserves the respect that it offers. That lawyer gave none, he deserved none.
The court is a servant of we the people. Not the other way around.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but even if you've seen it a couple of times, you've just got to see it again.

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN TRIAL WITNESS SELMA MORA 6.27.13 PT.21 - YouTube
A little on the older side but she is built very nicely.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:47 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
A little on the older side but she is built very nicely.
I would not be opposed to her company.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
She may be back. West made an idiotic blunder mentioning GZs past. That may be new open territory for the prosecutor.
Actually, it was OMara, and he brought up George's past during Jenna Lauer's testimony. And it was an incredibly smart move because it completely difused the prosecution.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
It looks like a nice complex, but due to Affirmative Action and Section 8, well......there goes the neighborhood.
Those places sold for far more last decade. No way any Section 8 was allowed, they were too expensive then. Affirmative action wouldn't really come into play with a community of townhouses. Not sure about George though

Old 06-27-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No I think he is guilty of creating the situation that led to the shooting. he pursued the man for no rational reason. He violated his own training. He created the situation.
You GZ supporters can claim being pursued wouldn't have bothered you and either you are numb or you are lying.
Me? My whole bone with this case is the idea that a man can't walk down the street without being harassed.
I think both men in the story were wannabe's.
If I hear convincing evidence that Zimmerman started the physical altercation I will change my mind. If there is any evidence that Martin started the physical altercation, then I couldnt elect to put Zimmerman away for half his life.

I dont think Zimmerman is this great guy. He isnt the brightest, but I am not at the point I believe he wasnt defending himself and that he started it.

It was very obvious to me from day one a year or so ago, the media and other big names were out to get this guy. It wasnt just that they wanted him arrested. Some even lied. Some called for his head. Some tweeted out addresses thinking it belonged to him or his family. To witness that on a national level, by the damn media and hollywood idiots was appalling to me. I didnt like the focus on race either. Papers like the NYT highlighting how Zimmerman just wasnt Hispanic, but he was a WHITE hispanic. The media is not supposed to do stuff like that, and its in no way helpful to society.

But I do apologize for throwing you in with some others. You probably dont belong in that group. At this point, we see the case differently. That could change. I understand your view point on it, but I am not there, at least not yet.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Here is a good question. How can someone be a cracker and a ni____ at the same time? And in reality, Zimmerman is neither, he's hispanic. So Martin got it wrong TWICE.

And good to see some racist terms are okay on this forum while others are not.
Here's the answer. This is how kids like Martin talk. I know this because my brother is just a little older than Martin. He and his friends probably say ni___ 80 times a day without even realizing. "This ni___!" "That ni____" "Yo ni___" "Hey ni____" "Ni__come on!" "This ni___ need to hurry up!" "I'm bout to leave this ni___"

They call the old Asian man at the gas station a ni___ and not think anything of it. I've actually heard them call Spongebob a ni___. I don't know if it's a generation thing or what, cause my brother is far from growing up in the streets but they seem to think ni___ is a pronoun.

As far as the cracker; yeah he said it. And he probably meant it as an insult considering the context of the sentence.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Where would you hear that?
Quote:
I haven't heard it anywhere. It's common sense based on the layout of the complex and the end result.

Maybe to use the word "chased" is overkill. Trayvon "followed" George or "spotted" George as George was walking back to his truck, having thought Trayvon left the area or went into an apartment. Trayvon then asked, "what you doin' here, for" or whatever ebonics he said, and George responded by asking him what he was doing. At that point, Sweet Widdle Travon decided to get his racist freak on and decided to "show" George a thing or two

He won't be doing that again any time soon.
So your theory is that Trayvon chased Zimmerman from Brandy's address?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies