Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 03:33 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,514,503 times

Advertisements

Where are you guys meeting all these feminists? I am 51 and in all my years and all the people who I've met, I can't think I've met any who were these hostile, raging butch feminists you talk about as if you see them everywhere you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 03:38 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Do you think that men in your second category, the ones who have been destroyed in a divorce, don't have reason to be bitter? I'm not bringing feminism into this; it just seems as if you are being insensitive to their situation.
Apparently not.

What Evan here doesn't realize is that this type of attitude and insensitivity by supporters of feminism is EXACTLY why those men blame feminism for whatever unfair treatment they've received.

Don't expect to hear a peep about "equality" from these folks unless women are being victimized.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Where are you guys meeting all these feminists? I am 51 and in all my years and all the people who I've met, I can't think I've met any who were these hostile, raging butch feminists you talk about as if you see them everywhere you go.
I think they define a feminist as any woman that is better educated, makes more money than they do and/or won't have sex with them.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:23 PM

510 posts, read 889,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I find that feminists are even more hostile towards good looking men.
the men that aren't interested in them.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:33 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
so is it a myth that fems are usually unattractive?
Most of them look like they could be Rin Tin Tin's littermates. With the personality of a prison warden.

The few that are physically appealing open their mouths and, well, they can forget about getting some action from a self-respecting man, that's for sure.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Go to a "Take Back the Night" rally on any college campus or some similar event. 5 out of 4 men are lurking around every corner with their pants down waiting to rape any women that walks by. Yes, that is 5 out of 4.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:51 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Isn't this absurd.

All rules of feminism seem to be out the window when a hot, high status, good looking man is on the scene.

Does this make any sense?
Keeping in mind that a feminist is simply a person (male or female) who believes both sexes are equal and should treated as such, I would agree that people are more lenient with "good-looking" people, in terms of expecting "inner" qualities and values. I believe there have been studies confirming that people tend to treat "good-looking" people slightly better than those who would be considered unattractive, and this sort of goes along with that. Generally speaking, evolutionary theories hold that our biological instinct is to look for someone who looks healthy, that it need not be a conscious effort to do so. Women supposedly look for men who look strong/powerful and able to protect, and men supposedly look for women who look young so the odds are they'll be better suited for child-bearing and nurturing for many years. So basically, nature is working contrary to feminism (which of course does not make the latter wrong, as nature contradicts our current attitudes on violence as well!)

The phenomenon of people holding some people at a higher standard than others is simply natural impulses taking over in this way and the person doing the discriminating not realizing it. Most would probably claim they are not discriminating, even when/if it is obvious that they are to others.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Keeping in mind that a feminist is simply a person (male or female) who believes both sexes are equal and should treated as such,
About 99% of the Western world believes this.

The feminists are the hateful women that go on television and scream about how oppressed women are. lols. And how every man (especially white) is gonna pay them less, take their birth control, keep them in the kitchen, rape them every night, etc...

Where do these crazies come from? Women are fully integrated in North America, Western Europe, most of the Pacific Rim and Latin America.

Women work as doctors, lawyers, politicians, scientists, educators, etc.. in all these countries. They vote, earn the same pay and participate in every aspect of life and simply are not discriminated against.

But these feminists run around like a rat pack of diesel-fired tarantulas telling everyone how bad they got it. Lemon-sucking shrews. We'd be better off (men and women) if they just went out and shot themselves.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:04 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,338 times
Quote:
Isn't this absurd.

All rules of feminism seem to be out the window when a hot, high status, good looking man is on the scene.

Does this make any sense?
Why would a guy date a feminist?

Old 06-26-2013, 06:20 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Keeping in mind that a feminist is simply a person (male or female) who believes both sexes are equal and should treated as such,
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
About 99% of the Western world believes this.
Then, that would mean about 99% of the Western world are feminists.

feminism - definition of feminism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
The feminists are the hateful women that go on television and scream about how oppressed women are. lols.
So what if a man joined their cause and also said "Yes, women are being oppressed and it needs to stop"? Whether the claim is correct or not, would you not also call him a feminist, or does it have to be a woman? Without knowing of a specific group and the case they're "going on television and screaming" about, I cannot comment on the accuracy of their statement. It sounds to me that they could very well be feminists if what they're saying is true; they're just very militant feminists. But anyone who hates men specifically or believes that men in general are bad, etc. and calls themself a "feminist" is really nothing but a liar. Same goes for "feminists" who believe in giving women some sort of extra benefits or income simply for being a woman. Not a feminist, just a liar who would rather be considered a feminist because it sounds better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies