Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Actually the core of my point is that it doesn't matter what we establish, what matters is modern usage. The fact that this entire discussion is taking place within the context of the use of the word by someone else is a perfect example of that.

Sexists is not specific enough.

I'll go with feminazis, but when someone calls themselves a feminist, I reserve the right to be suspicious of feminazism.
True "feminism" is something TO be suspicious of. By definition, it places gender into a role of domination, by gender alone. Men and women are symbiotic, not antagonistic, at least, that's how it should be. True "feminists" disdain that dynamic. They are, also, a very tiny percentage of women. If a woman is driven and career oriented, that does no label her a feminist. Just a person who knows wbat she wants and how to get it. In some cases, there may be a power thing at work, and a desire to play the dominant role. Men have the same issues at times.

A sucessful woman has different games to play in climbing a ladder. Tbat is inarguable. However, she need not compromise her principals, or destroy her pride as a woman, to circumvent those games. Proven fact. See it all the time. So, it's nit so easy to seperate true "feminism"from a simple need or desire to succeed, for some folks. The distinction requires observation and experience to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 09:38 AM

744 posts, read 1,091,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Do you think that men in your second category, the ones who have been destroyed in a divorce, don't have reason to be bitter? I'm not bringing feminism into this; it just seems as if you are being insensitive to their situation.

They do not deserve sympathy, because their anger is misplaced. What does equal rights for women in, say, developing countries and in fundamentalist Islamic theocracies have to do with their failed relationships? Nothing. And yes, the focus of modern-day feminism is focused primarily on empowering women in non-Western countries. I should know, because when I worked in DC I worked side-by-side with non-profit feminist organizations such as the Institute of Inclusive Security and Legal Momentum, and 90% of their work is done in Islamic and third world nations.

So the issues are un-related. And part of the reason many men blame feminism because they married some bimbo who took all their money is due to lack of education, intellect, and basic common sense. No wonder their marriages failed and most educated, rational, intelligent women don't want anything to do with them.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:46 AM

744 posts, read 1,091,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Sounds about right.

I've never had a negative experience with feminists nor have I noticed that such a group, whatever they may be, are "ugly."

What I have noticed are a bunch of brutes who haven't been able to comprehend that running around with a club in their hand to slaughter a mammoth and, perhaps, bring home an "eligible" woman, is no longer considered fashionable.

I'll be in FRA next week. Is the weather getting better?

Yes, the weather certainly is improving...if you like the cold! Early last week there was a 3-day heat wave which sucked, because Germans don't really believe in A/C and I live in a 7th story apartment and it was still hot and muggy at night...but now there's a cold front that requires you to wear long sleeves or a light jacket, especially if you go out at night.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:04 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
They do not deserve sympathy, because their anger is misplaced. What does equal rights for women in, say, developing countries and in fundamentalist Islamic theocracies have to do with their failed relationships? Nothing. And yes, the focus of modern-day feminism is focused primarily on empowering women in non-Western countries. I should know, because when I worked in DC I worked side-by-side with non-profit feminist organizations such as the Institute of Inclusive Security and Legal Momentum, and 90% of their work is done in Islamic and third world nations.

So the issues are un-related. And part of the reason many men blame feminism because they married some bimbo who took all their money is due to lack of education, intellect, and basic common sense. No wonder their marriages failed and most educated, rational, intelligent women don't want anything to do with them.
Holy ****!!!! Seriously!!! Wow, you ARE fulla yerself aint'cha?! While I do agree that "feminism", per se, IS unrelated in crappy, man get squished, divorce, (think I said as much) lack of intellect and getting took by "some bimbo" is not a factor either. Also, you would be amazed at how many women of strength and character ARE attractex to men who have been knocked down thus, and got back up WITHOUT harboring hatred to ALL women.

Your, self elevated, mental status here, really interests me. I , still, feel you lack a real world knowlege of male/female dynamics. Pathetically so. Your writings are patronizing, AND condescending, yet, your self centrrdness won't let you see it.

Your whole premise is flawed, as none of what you say is proven fact, in the majority of cases. Only, handpicked, limited, experiences amongst your peers. And, you claim "education and intellect"?!

Look, I am a working man. I was raised a cowhand, and horseman. I became a tradesman, pipefitter/plumber. I live simply. Material things I can do without. I measure success by my sweat, and physical accomplishment. Despite a horrible injury, early in my life, I have kept pace with the hardest men in the trades. And taught them a thing or two, myself.

I have known MANY women. Of ALL calibers and stripes. It has been my experience that strong, intelligent, and driven, women, are attracted to what THEY want to be attracted to. Not by what the rule book says. Since my bitter divorce, in which I lost more than you can imagine, I have dated women, who are prominent attorneys, successful real estate professio als, tenured professors, etc. No, none of these developed into a relationship, but, a couple of them and I have become fast friends, and remain so, even though tbey have since married.

Your stereotyping, egocentric attitude, stemming from ,perceived, class strata, you occupy, is, again, insulting, and arrogant. This shows that you have a LOT to learn. People cannot be, so carelessly classified. In my experiences, this is especially true of women. So, go ahead. Fool yourself into thinking you can know a womans, ANY womans, mind.

I will make popcorn....LMAO

Old 06-26-2013, 11:31 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Look, I am a working man. I was raised a cowhand, and horseman. I became a tradesman, pipefitter/plumber. I live simply. Material things I can do without. I measure success by my sweat, and physical accomplishment. Despite a horrible injury, early in my life, I have kept pace with the hardest men in the trades. And taught them a thing or two, myself.
Now those are some damn fine credentials for providing critiques on feminism as a philosophy and political movement to say nothing of the psycho-bio-socio-anthropologic nature of the relationships between men and women.

...and he accuses others of being full of themselves.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:50 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Where are you guys meeting all these feminists? I am 51 and in all my years and all the people who I've met, I can't think I've met any who were these hostile, raging butch feminists you talk about as if you see them everywhere you go.
The hostile butch feminists are the women who rebuffed these poor losers advances. Thus why these posters have such hostility towards feminists, otherwise known as women.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,394 times
Quote:
Most "feminists" in the US are Jewish-American or WASP-y Northeastererns, go to ivy league universities, and end up being yuppies in Boston, NYC, or DC. Are they hot or not? Depends if you like ambitious, career-oriented, driven women.

From my experience, most of the men who hate feminists fall under 2 categories: a) non college-educated, blue-collar types (or they are unemployed) who are angry that they cannot compete sexually for these aforementioned type-A females, so in their sexual frustration blame "feminism"; or b) men who went through an extremely bitter, protracted divorce where they lost everything and are forced to pay child support, and somehow in their minds blame "feminism" for their troubles in life. Ironically, the women they divorced most likely do not harbor any traits of feminist ideology in any way, shape, or form.

Class dismissed. I await your reps.
Yea, surely males couldnt hate psycho feminists retards because they find them to be hypocritical, vile, whiny, and exhibit numerous symptoms of mental illness.

Nope, no possibility of that at all, there must always be something wrong with the male since they loathe feminists.

Right?

Then again, why would anyone want to compete sexually for a "feminist" when the vast majority are lesbians or simply ridiculously ugly.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:56 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Why is your insecurity over woman a P&C thread?

It's just 6 pages of name calling, is anyone here over 18?

Old 06-26-2013, 04:13 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
True "feminism" is something TO be suspicious of. By definition, it places gender into a role of domination, by gender alone. Men and women are symbiotic, not antagonistic, at least, that's how it should be. True "feminists" disdain that dynamic. They are, also, a very tiny percentage of women. If a woman is driven and career oriented, that does no label her a feminist. Just a person who knows wbat she wants and how to get it. In some cases, there may be a power thing at work, and a desire to play the dominant role. Men have the same issues at times.

A sucessful woman has different games to play in climbing a ladder. Tbat is inarguable. However, she need not compromise her principals, or destroy her pride as a woman, to circumvent those games. Proven fact. See it all the time. So, it's nit so easy to seperate true "feminism"from a simple need or desire to succeed, for some folks. The distinction requires observation and experience to make.
Well that would depend how you define feminism.

Of course according to some here we are not allowed to have a problem because the dictionary disagrees with those that self identify with the term here in 2013.

Quote:
They do not deserve sympathy, because their anger is misplaced. What does equal rights for women in, say, developing countries and in fundamentalist Islamic theocracies have to do with their failed relationships?
Here we have another pathetic attempt to define "feminism" outside of its modern context, then use that to label others' thoughts as null and void based on semantics.

If Evan was being just slightly intellectually honest, he'd know that to the modern movement that refers to itself as feminism, "equal rights for women in, say, developing countries and in fundamentalist Islamic theocracies" is one of about fifty causes.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:15 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Now those are some damn fine credentials for providing critiques on feminism as a philosophy and political movement to say nothing of the psycho-bio-socio-anthropologic nature of the relationships between men and women.

...and he accuses others of being full of themselves.
And this is a damn fine way to say "shut up, you're stupid" while sounding like you are making an intelligent argument.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make a few simple observations.

I'm still waiting on your credentials to comment on my "mommy issues". Unless, of course, you pulled that out of your ass because you had nothing substantial to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies