Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:46 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,699,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I must be nice to live in world like that, but this is mine like many others reality:

911 Dispatcher Ignores Call For Help - KLTV.com-Tyler, …

Dispatchers Charged for Ignoring 9-1-1 Call

Fla. Cops Fired for Allegedly Ignoring Dispatch Calls - Yahoo! News

911 Operator Ignores Boys Call For Help

Mom dies after 911 operator ignores boy's call [Archive ...

Need I go on? Oh btw, the next time that a bear with a gun follows me I will gladly take your advice

Yes, because this seldom happens. If you choose to confront someone in the dark that is following you prepare to meet your marker, nothing but bad is gonna come out of that deal.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:48 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Yes, because this seldom happens. If you choose to confront someone in the dark that is following you prepare to meet your marker, nothing but bad is gonna come out of that deal.
...And if you don't your fate is as equally sealed

Old 07-19-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
These are just the ones that have been reported by the media, so this happens more times that it should in reality. Hell, I lost my father because of some nitwitted dispatcher who was not familiar with an area 10 minutes away from the hospital.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTC View Post
Media only pushes certain narratives

One of those is police brutality against blacks by whites

Trayvon Martin case is right up that alley (as long as you ignore the fact that Zimmerman is Hispanic)
Why do they ignore police brutality against whites by whites? Because whites are too deferential to authority?

Old 07-19-2013, 10:26 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Oh really? It just seems like the SYG laws lean too much the white way instead of the right way.

Study: “Stand Your Ground” Three Times More Likely to Protect Whites than Blacks

It also semm really strange that the people that are so hell bent on zimmerman's innocence are the same people that think that all blacks are guilty of something ilegal.

Just pray that a young person close to you does not suffer the same fate, because believe it or not it can happen.

Uh huh!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are on the ground....on your back........with some young punk doing his best to make your face into hamburger. Just hope that in this situation...that you to would have the presence of mind to use a firearm if you had one.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Uh huh!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are on the ground....on your back........with some young punk doing his best to make your face into hamburger. Just hope that in this situation...that you to would have the presence of mind to use a firearm if you had one.
First of all, I would not have been provoked but enough to attack anyone without them at least attempting to fight back. Secondly, I would (like zimmerman) planned a convenient excuse to kill the person so that it would not be my word against theirs. Finally, the most important thing of all I would make sure that I had enough money to get the best lawyers that money could buy. Face it, if zimmerman had a public pretender he proably would have either plea bargined for a lesser charge or would have been convicted of murder 2

Old 07-21-2013, 01:35 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Let's put race issues aside and look at this situation practically. If rouge law enforcement is allowed to continue with criminal activity unimpeded - the homeless - the mentally ill- poor blacks and marginalized whites ...abuse will work it's way up the food chain and more "respectable" victims will appear...and finally you might find yourself in a position where foolish and sadistic power mongering cops - will be slapping YOU up side the head with a fist or club...because YOU might be seen as a criminal simply because you show a thing called human dignity.

These creeps that have managed to creep into and establish themselves as law enforcement officers have one common trait. That trait is that they are not their to enforce the law but they ARE the law- they will make up their OWN laws as they go on...and one thing they will attack - is the person who realizes that police are our servants...They don't want to be seen as servants in service of the public- That concept is foreign to them....Once law enforcement stops enforcing the laws that WE the people put in place through elected officials ...then what we have is something worse than a police state.

A police state if benevolent and just is not such a bad idea. What is a bad idea - might be the notion that we are slowly entering an era where criminals rule...It all goes to the top of the pyramid. Once there is corruption in the highest office...police act accordingly. When you see police abuse of the public- then you know for sure that something is amiss in Washington...It is stunning that the Federal Government never seems to address low quality and dangerous law enforcement- It is of the utmost importance and no at the top seems to care...In fact they may see abusive police as an enhancement of their power...That is what I find worrisome. Abuse of the use of military - and the abuse of use of domestic law enforcement.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Let's put race issues aside and look at this situation practically. If rouge law enforcement is allowed to continue with criminal activity unimpeded - the homeless - the mentally ill- poor blacks and marginalized whites ...abuse will work it's way up the food chain and more "respectable" victims will appear...and finally you might find yourself in a position where foolish and sadistic power mongering cops - will be slapping YOU up side the head with a fist or club...because YOU might be seen as a criminal simply because you show a thing called human dignity.

These creeps that have managed to creep into and establish themselves as law enforcement officers have one common trait. That trait is that they are not their to enforce the law but they ARE the law- they will make up their OWN laws as they go on...and one thing they will attack - is the person who realizes that police are our servants...They don't want to be seen as servants in service of the public- That concept is foreign to them....Once law enforcement stops enforcing the laws that WE the people put in place through elected officials ...then what we have is something worse than a police state.

A police state if benevolent and just is not such a bad idea. What is a bad idea - might be the notion that we are slowly entering an era where criminals rule...It all goes to the top of the pyramid. Once there is corruption in the highest office...police act accordingly. When you see police abuse of the public- then you know for sure that something is amiss in Washington...It is stunning that the Federal Government never seems to address low quality and dangerous law enforcement- It is of the utmost importance and no at the top seems to care...In fact they may see abusive police as an enhancement of their power...That is what I find worrisome. Abuse of the use of military - and the abuse of use of domestic law enforcement.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:47 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,504 times
Good riddance.

The wicked witch is dead. The wicked witch is dead...

Old 07-21-2013, 12:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Mourners Remember Kelly Thomas Two Years After Fatal Beating | NBC Southern California

The death of Trayvon Martin was essentially a private affair. George Zimmerman was a private citizen, not a law enforcement officer, and neither assailant nor victim were particularly sympathetic. Trayvon died in a small, obscure Florida suburb. Kelly Thomas was killed by law enforcement officers Cicinelli and Wolfe in a town within the second largest US media market with a history of police brutality (and a Klan past). There are policy implications about Thomas' death that are not the case with Trayvon's. Yet it is not the constant subject of national media attention. Why isn't Thomas' death a bigger deal?
Uh; if I'm reading your post right; back in the day the KKK would NOT let people like Cicinelli, Ramos or me in because we're of Italian, Spanish or Irish family.

"Officer Manuel Ramos was charged with one felony count of second degree murder and one felony count of involuntary manslaughter. If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of 15 years to life in state prison."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies