Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 11:47 AM

593 posts, read 470,754 times

Advertisements

Neither crime is worse than the other, but if you're trying to make this a race issue, blame the MEDIA They are the buttwipes controlling the information we all receive daily.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 AM

908 posts, read 1,556,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
So he is of less value than a 17 yo pot smoking thug? Nice value system you have there.
The kid you call a thug, did NOT have a criminal record. Your boy Zimmerman, with a clear case of NPD, has a record, a violent one. He never would have pursued a grown man, who may have been armed. Zimmerman went after a skinny unarmed kid, an easy fight, because only a violent, blood thirsty POS takes gun to a fist fight that HE starts himself.
Most gun freaks, including bully cops who beat unarmed, often the most vulnerable civilians(mentally ill), to death, would never be so tough if they didn't have a gun/badge, when facing their match. Civil rights groups for the mentally ill & homeless should be making a huge deal about this poor guy's beating death.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,648,046 times
There is no such thing as unbiased journalism/reporting anymore. ALL the news outlets are privately owned and will only allow their perspective to be public. Places like CD and other social sites are about the only place to get unfiltered information. Unless there is a sensational celebrity to the story, it will be buried.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:17 PM

908 posts, read 1,556,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobjuan View Post
There is no such thing as unbiased journalism/reporting anymore. ALL the news outlets are privately owned and will only allow their perspective to be public. Places like CD and other social sites are about the only place to get unfiltered information. Unless there is a sensational celebrity to the story, it will be buried.
I think Bill Moyers does a great job on reporting accurately, as do Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert(Yes, I know it's comedy, but there is more truth than FAUX News and other media outlets). CD, well, it is more for the right leaning, so there is bias, sometimes extreme bias & tunnel vision.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:24 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Very sad but unfortunately it seems to be true...if you see the people protesting for Trayvon than I even wonder what they even know about the case other than they see color and stand behind him even if he would have done something bad ...

I had hoped to see this country to unite more but that is not the case.

LMFAO, country united.............surely you jest?????????

I have seen this country grow more and more divided.......each racial group NEEDS their own spoils.

This guy got beaten to death by corrupt piggies........not a peep.....Tray-Tray is much more important.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:06 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,338 times
Where is Phil306 to tell us why the cops were right in this murder, and why this guy "had it coming"?

Old 07-09-2013, 08:30 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,656,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
The main reason it's not national news is because he is mentally ill, not because he is white. American does NOT care about the mentally ill. There was a mentally ill BLACK man shot & killed in Wilkes-Barre, Pa a couple of years ago, and it barely spent time on local news. He had a pellet gun, that LOOKED like a pellet gun, and the dumba$$ cops killed him! Also, shooting several times, is NOT disabling the suspect! It is intent to kill! If your dumba$$ can't tell the difference between a pellet gun, and a real gun, then your ass does not need to be a cop!!!! Cops HATE the mentally ill, and so does much of America. Our mental health system is a joke! BTW, white people who claim that they have it so bad, and black people should just get over the hundreds of years of oppression, check this out.

Louis CK explains historical context to Jay Leno - YouTube

I agree. And shame on us.

A measure of a country and its people is how well the most vulnerable and least powerful are treated.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:36 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Mourners Remember Kelly Thomas Two Years After Fatal Beating | NBC Southern California

The death of Trayvon Martin was essentially a private affair. George Zimmerman was a private citizen, not a law enforcement officer, and neither assailant nor victim were particularly sympathetic. Trayvon died in a small, obscure Florida suburb. Kelly Thomas was killed by law enforcement officers Cicinelli and Wolfe in a town within the second largest US media market with a history of police brutality (and a Klan past). There are policy implications about Thomas' death that are not the case with Trayvon's. Yet it is not the constant subject of national media attention. Why isn't Thomas' death a bigger deal?
I think Trayvon Martin is a bigger issue because it has to do with the "stand your ground" law. Some agree with that law and some don't. I think this law is the bigger issue

Old 07-09-2013, 08:55 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
Natalie? I think it has more to do with race and why the Trayvon case is so newsworthy. You have a black teenager walking to his father's house and then you hear Zimmermann call 911 and say "these punks" when it is clear he wasn't doing anything criminal.
"Stand your ground" means when you are being attacked and use deadly force. Zimmermann murdered this kid and he has no defense to speak of.
Being" suspicious" is not a defense.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:22 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Natalie? I think it has more to do with race and why the Trayvon case is so newsworthy. You have a black teenager walking to his father's house and then you hear Zimmermann call 911 and say "these punks" when it is clear he wasn't doing anything criminal.
"Stand your ground" means when you are being attacked and use deadly force. Zimmermann murdered this kid and he has no defense to speak of.
Being" suspicious" is not a defense.
I think it's all about the "stand your ground law". That is Zimmerman's defense. I think the outcome of this trial will affect this law. The media made it about race, shame on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies