Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 07:56 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
In a nutshell, because he's white. The media needs a 'minority' victim in order to race-bait and promote their anti-cop agenda.
Very sad but unfortunately it seems to be true...if you see the people protesting for Trayvon than I even wonder what they even know about the case other than they see color and stand behind him even if he would have done something bad ...

I had hoped to see this country to unite more but that is not the case.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:09 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,931,221 times
In the reports it is stated that Kelly Thomas wasn't vandalizing cars or stealing anything. My question, even if he was why would that justify such a beating? It wouldn't!

The video with that Adam radio guy was interesting - he's right.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:20 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
I would like to see this case get it's own thread - without a link to GZ or Trayvon. Yes; this story should get national attention. I would love to see live coverage of the trial. From what I know; at least three of the officers should spend the rest of their natural lives in prison - possibly more. There should be a proper review of the whole department and any suspicious activities that these, so called, police officers were involved with.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:57 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
My goodness, never heard of this case. I can't believe it isn't being reported from the rooftops. Oh wait, that's right, Kelly was white. My bad. We whities don't have any Al Sharptons or Jessie Jacksons to rile people up and of course those two would never lift a finger for a white guy's civil liberties.

This story makes me cringe in horror. "They" figured wrong about Kelly not having anyone to care about him, huhn? I hope they throw the book at these "pigs". Too bad Wolfe and the other cop can only get 4 years. Wolfe wouldn't've even have been charged with anything if it wasn't for Kelly's dad pushing.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:59 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I would like to see this case get it's own thread - without a link to GZ or Trayvon. Yes; this story should get national attention. I would love to see live coverage of the trial. From what I know; at least three of the officers should spend the rest of their natural lives in prison - possibly more. There should be a proper review of the whole department and any suspicious activities that these, so called, police officers were involved with.
This IS it's own thread isn't it????

Old 07-06-2013, 02:18 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,972,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
My goodness, never heard of this case. I can't believe it isn't being reported from the rooftops. Oh wait, that's right, Kelly was white. My bad. We whities don't have any Al Sharptons or Jessie Jacksons to rile people up and of course those two would never lift a finger for a white guy's civil liberties.

This story makes me cringe in horror. "They" figured wrong about Kelly not having anyone to care about him, huhn? I hope they throw the book at these "pigs". Too bad Wolfe and the other cop can only get 4 years. Wolfe wouldn't've even have been charged with anything if it wasn't for Kelly's dad pushing.
Why don't we have a white Jesse or Al ... where are they? The people that would get out there and stand up, march, protest for Kelly's civil liberties. I don't mean skinheads or KKK either since I don't like them either.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:32 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
This IS it's own thread isn't it????
Yes it is! But nothing should steal the thunder and outrage from this story!

Old 07-06-2013, 03:55 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Yes it is! But nothing should steal the thunder and outrage from this story!
Actually the question why bring up important issues pertaining to cases we do or don't hear about, that's an outrage.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Those of you who want to bring up "race" as the reason why this was not as well know as the Trayvon murder are more guilty of "race baiting" than Rev Jackson or Sharpton. The reason that this was not made as public is because there was no one to push the issue, nothing more and nothing less. The Martins asked Rev Sharpton to put light on the fact that their son was killed and the police did not do a real investigation and let his murderer walk based solely on his word. The only racial part of that case was the fact that the police shoody work and their past history with blacks.

For those of you who claim "because he was not black crap" Where were you in putting light on the subject since you are so concerned? I'm, sure a few "concerned" upstanding white citizens have a hell of a lot more pull than a bunch of black marchers and a handful of Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons

Old 07-06-2013, 11:01 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,976,359 times
Agree with everything Simetime says. I also thought people here were using racial cards, the same cards they hate when others use them. It's not about race. When was the last time white on black crime made headlines? Had TM been a foster kid or homeless man he would have not gotten so much media attention.

The media's main purpose is ratings not justice. If they cannot interview enough people they just move on to the next case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies