Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 06:41 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times

Advertisements

If this was a black son there would be protests.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:47 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Good riddance.

The wicked witch is dead. The wicked witch is dead...
Nature will take it's course and anti-social human beings will disappear. Those that are not pro life and pro love always self destruct...wait- be patient..they will be gone in time.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:56 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Local talk shows here talked about the Kelly Thomas beating til the cows came home. I think it is a travesty how they beat him.

I often wonder if it's because he's a white guy and one of the cops is Hispanic, I believe. I think that it isn't controversial enough, I often wonder how decisions get made in the newsroom to determine if something is "news worthy" or not.

Don't know if there is an agenda or not, on the media's part, sometimes makes you wonder though.....

Old 07-21-2013, 07:08 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
First of all, I would not have been provoked but enough to attack anyone without them at least attempting to fight back. Secondly, I would (like zimmerman) planned a convenient excuse to kill the person so that it would not be my word against theirs. Finally, the most important thing of all I would make sure that I had enough money to get the best lawyers that money could buy. Face it, if zimmerman had a public pretender he proably would have either plea bargined for a lesser charge or would have been convicted of murder 2

So you want to deny people the right to buy the best defense possible???????????????

Now try to answer my previous question!

Old 07-21-2013, 07:23 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Uh huh!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are on the ground....on your back........with some young punk doing his best to make your face into hamburger. Just hope that in this situation...that you to would have the presence of mind to use a firearm if you had one.
Since for one I find it hard to believe that someone who took self-defense training for some time not to be able to land a punch, believe that there is more to that story than meets the eye. So basically I cannot fathom that situation between the two of them happening the way that he described it since he has a habit of twisting his story to fit his needs. To answer your question I would have shot him as well, but because of my training (restraint) would not have killed him since I started it in the first pace. BUT, if I wanted to get away without being charged or questioned I would have killed him.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:47 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
So you want to deny people the right to buy the best defense possible???????????????

That is what is wrong with our legal system, the amount of money that you can produce determines how right that you are in court. Answer this question; If zimmerman had a court appointed lawyer do you think that he still would have walked?

Now try to answer my previous question!
I did already

Old 07-22-2013, 06:26 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Mourners Remember Kelly Thomas Two Years After Fatal Beating | NBC Southern California

The death of Trayvon Martin was essentially a private affair. George Zimmerman was a private citizen, not a law enforcement officer, and neither assailant nor victim were particularly sympathetic. Trayvon died in a small, obscure Florida suburb. Kelly Thomas was killed by law enforcement officers Cicinelli and Wolfe in a town within the second largest US media market with a history of police brutality (and a Klan past). There are policy implications about Thomas' death that are not the case with Trayvon's. Yet it is not the constant subject of national media attention. Why isn't Thomas' death a bigger deal?
The Kelly Thomas case was promulgated by KFI talk hosts John and Ken, who, pit bulls that they are, did not let go. They had Kelly's Dad on several times, and they kept up the pressure on Orange County CA officials by encouraging their listeners to call and write and complain. My recollection is that the Orange County DA was shamed into investigating and the names and histories of the rogue cops were on air several times.

Too bad the rest of the media dont have the sense of outrage and the passion for justice that John and Ken have.

No the two cases are not alike. At all.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:50 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
Both are sad and unfortunate cases, neither are more tragic than the other. They both deserve justice.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Both are sad and unfortunate cases, neither are more tragic than the other. They both deserve justice.
Kelly didn't get justice, alas.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:49 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
Kelly's face was beaten into hamburger..........no biggie, he was just a Whitey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies