Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 08:36 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times

Advertisements

OMara is doing an excellent job in shooting down the cop wannabee theory.

3,728 posts, read 4,871,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Now you're getting it, girl. No, you're not supposed to go around assaulting everyone you think of as a "creepy stranger". It would be far better to walk the few feet to your door, go inside, lock it and call the police if that white dude got poor, little you all scared.

Let me explain the basics of a civilized society. If for example, I'm walking down the street. A really big, scary looking black man is walking down the same street behind me. I have the right to get concerned, sure. Maybe I'm as racist as say someone like T seemed to be, and even am a bit scared of him, that's just fine too. But I do not have the right to turn around, assault him, punch him in the face or slam his head into the ground just because he makes me uncomfortable. And if I were to do so, he'd be well within his rights to do whatever it took to stop the attack.
If Zimmerman was black and/or if Trayvon was white nobody would have heard of this case.

It is just that so many on the Left wanted this to be a clear cut "racist white dude profiles innocent black teenager and kills him for no good reason" case and at first it sorta looked like it might have been. Then the facts started to come in. Oh, Zimmerman is part black. Oh, the condo complex is majority-minority and is at least 20% black. Oh, there were a series of break-ins in the complex and the suspect(s) were a young black man. Oh, although Zimmerman did call the police on several occasions to report suspicious behavior there were well over 100 calls from other residents reporting the exact same thing. Oh, the call to the police was selectively edited to make it sound like Zimmerman was focused on Trayvon's race. Oh, Trayvon managed to lose Zimmerman and then went back to confront Zimmerman. Oh, Zimmerman had a broken nose and cuts on the back of his head. Oh, those photos of Trayvon and Zimmerman were several years old and show a much more muscular Zimmerman and a much more baby-faced and skinner Trayvon. Oh, the ballistics evidence suggests that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman and punching him the face.

Uh... Uh....

WANNABE COP GEORGE ZIMMERMAN MURDERED A CHILD FOR EATING SKITTLES AND BEING BLACK!!!! AND HE IS A P---Y TOO!!!

Funny thing is that there are plenty of cases where there really was racism, but Trayvon's supporters have already made their bets and they have to see it through no matter what comes to light. Sort of like when Bernie Goetz shot those guys who tried to mug him on the subway and everyone was pointing to one incident several years before when he used the word "n----r" and tried to paint the guys who tried to rob him as if they were innocently asking for change. Until the guys he shot started ended up in prison for robbery and rape (in one case two months after he was released from the hospital). Hell, some people still act like the guys he shot were just minding their own business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Common sense dictates that the one most fearful will fight the hardest. We don't not know what type of stance GZ took while TM was still on the phone. We do not know if GZ allowed TM to catch a glimpse of his gun in order to intimidate TM.
This is an incredibly stupid post.

I was just watching an assault that was recorded by CCTV of some drunken dips--t attacking another man outside of a nightclub. He walked up behind the guy and punched him in the back of the head, the other guy fell down and then he ran up and soccer kicked him the face, he then proceeded to punch and kick him several more times. The guy on the ground didn't put up much of a fight. He mostly just rolled around and tried to shield his face. Oh, and he also ended up with permanent brain damage despite being punched "only" three times and kicked "only" seven times (the show pointed out how many times he was hit). I can only imagine the fear the guy stopping the man on the ground must have felt. Because common sense dictates the one most fearful will fight the hardest. Or was the guy on the ground just a punk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So a guy stalking you then confronting you would not make you afraid if you are a kid in an unfamiliar town? You really do not understand that vigilante law at all do you. It can be determined Trayvon was standing his ground. He was the one being pursued. I bet if some black man was following you in the rain you would fear for your life.
Funny thing is if this was a case about a black man who shot a white teenager who was on top of him pummeling him and the white teenager's defenders were saying that a black man following him was enough justification for the white teen to assault the black man they would be labeled racist. Especially after the white teen's girlfriend said that he referred to the black man as a "creepy-ass c--n".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Don't believe everything Zimmerman says.
The broken nose and abrasions to the back of head and the bruises on Trayvon's hands speak louder than Zimmerman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Beaten to a pulp is Rocky Balboa at the end of the movie. Puleez, Zimmerman had two booboos on the back of his head and a punched nose. He had to exaggerate his beating so that he could minimize the wound he inflicted on his victim.

Why did he lie about the street name when it is clear that he knew it?
If we even meet in real-life, may I please sit on your chest and slam the back of your head into the sidewalk at least twice? It seems like it is no big deal and doesn't even qualify as assault or potentially dangerous. If you get mad or injured, it seems like you'd be a wuss.

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
That's true for both sides of the story.
I agree and post with equal zeal against both.

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Large percentage of home burglaries are committed by male teen neighbors.

1,111 posts, read 1,735,072 times
O'MARA: You should tell the State, don't EVER come back to us with a case like this

Old 07-12-2013, 08:37 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
MOM is destroying the little "wannabe cop" scenario that the state is basing their case on. Making it look as silly to the jury as many of us did with that arguement.

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
WTF? Huh?
lol. Don't try. It's not worth your time.

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
or
If GZ had followed his training, done as he was trained to do. This wouldn't have happened.
What bothers me is Why should TM have to run home? Why did Zimmerman have to follow TM?
Probably becauce he was part of neibourhood watch.....

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Defense arguing ill will and hatred..using examples of George's friends...Duh....George wouldn't have ill will towards his friends.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:38 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,072 times
O'MARA: Of course, THAT'S not the standard. Let's talk about the ACTUAL standard, on the State, beyond a reasonable doubt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies